Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making "stops" or "contact" via vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Anyone entering the property I'm assigned to is subject to a resonable search which includes stopping them as they are driving. Plant speed limit is 12MPH. Bust that and you are getting stopped for sure. That's why I perfer industrial settings. None of this public vs private confusion.
    Last edited by EMTGuard; 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    Very aware of the dangers. Before I took a different path in police work I did the street for 7 years. My work we can approach parked vehicles per the client. Weather in foot or patrol. And determine the patrons purpose for being where, why and so on. For the time being we have a back up SO. As for stops that has yet to be determined since most of those we check are stationary. But we have rolled up on people and lit them up to let them know who we are. We work on state property. And it's considered privileged access and not public like a parking lot or something to that nature. We have not done any rolling stops. But we have followed people round at a distance that are acting up or suspicious to let them know we are around.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    As Mr. Security pointed out, legal counsel should be contacted in reference to said subject. However, my belief is that on private property (apartment complexes, construction sites, shopping malls, etc.) pulling traffic is not considered illegal, as it's "private property". However, keep in mind that besides domestics, traffic stops are EXTREMELY dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Any policy allowing you to stop a moving vehicle with a security vehicle on private property should be reviewed by counsel before being implemented. Besides the danger involved, it is fraught with legal pitfalls. I would rather have a checkpoint as the vehicle exits to address any client policy violations with appropriate notification that all vehicles and operators/passengers may be stopped and searched if they enter the property.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    started a topic Making "stops" or "contact" via vehicle.

Making "stops" or "contact" via vehicle.

I think this was discussed one or twice before but can't seem to find the threads. At the place of duty you work can you do stops on those acting suspicious or violating security or safety issues? As I understand Florida law (which gives me a headache) for the most part appears to show -or is that not show- only those representing a place of business or operation conducted off of normal public access. Namely I presume government facilitates weather it be county, city or state. Or places off the "beaten" patch in regards to areas like construction sites and enclosed complexes. I know a few private living communities security personnel actually do pull overs. Which the residents want. I wonder what legal (or illegal) issues this would develop?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X