Favorite Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Quotes

I looked at past threads and I did not see this brought up before. If it has I'm sorry. But, what are your favorite quotes from history ( Any time period). I have posted mine below:

" I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always Triumph. And there is purpose and worth to each and every life." - President Ronald Reagan.
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    I looked at past threads and I did not see this brought up before. If it has I'm sorry. But, what are your favorite quotes from history ( Any time period). I have posted mine below:

" I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always Triumph. And there is purpose and worth to each and every life." - President Ronald Reagan.
    Here's a Reagan quote I like:

"Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

"Hey, The Camera Man is putting cameras in our building! This place is like living like in a (redacted) prison, son."

-a person I will refer to only as 'the reason cameras need to be installed'

"Hey, Mister Camera man, didju put cameras in the bafrooms? Didja? Didja?" (to friend) "I betcha he put cameras in da bafrooms."

- denizen of a lovely building in which we lost an average of one vandal-proof dome to vandalism a month. i suppose the cameras should be refered to as "vandal-resist".
      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

"Excuse me. Your attitude is speaking so loudly I can't understand what you are saying."

Comment

Did a Temp Acct (TAG) this weekend, and while chatting with the General Contractor we somehow started swapping tag lines for out fields. Somehow, out of my mouth and brain (I like it when they work together) came this;

"My clients do not hire me to save the entire world. They just hire me to save their world."
          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

My favorite person for quotes by far is Will Rogers. Here are a few:

1. I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat.
            2. Our constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. Senators.
            3. There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
            4. The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.

My favorite Reagan quote is:

"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."
            Scared the crap out of Russia (No sense of humor whatsoever )

Comment

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" -Thomas Jefferson

"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it." -Gen. Robert E. Lee
              Last edited by flashlightcop509; 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM.
              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

How about quotes we'd LIKE to hear?

"As I stand here on the top of this mountain in Pakistan with my faithful followers, I view the dizzying heights and rejoice in...whoops! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" <thud>- Osama bin Laden
                Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-11-2007, 10:09 PM.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Reagan: "Where would this country be without this great land of ours?"
                  sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" George W Bush, Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

But I really like this one...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson
                    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass." -Trooper M. Padgett
                      ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

History history history

I collect quotes. Here are a few:

First up, this one gives me chills every time I think of the story, it involves a college professor called to lead the 20th Main, a group of troops in the civil war, greatly outnumbered and out of ammo. To his troops he yelled........

"FIX BAYONETS!!!" - Joshua Chamberlain
                        Please, if you do not know this story you must read it.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - Sun Tzu

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body." - Chairman Mao Zedong

And my favorite comes from my father, his father, his father's father etc.
                        "Boy, if you feel froggy......jump."
                        I'll probably say it to my son someday, more than once.
                        "Not everyone who craps on you is your enemy, and not everyone who cleans it off is your friend." - My Name is Nobody

Comment

My father was fond of saying, "When I tell you to move, all I want to see is a swirl of dust where you were."
                          He also said, out of ear shot of my mother, "Son you are a walking cluster****." When I came home on my first leave in 1957 I asked him where he got that saying from. He said it was from LTCol George S. Patton, Jr., on a calvary expercise riding and walking from Camp Knox, KY to Fort D. A. Russell, Cheyene, WY sometime in the 1920s. Patton would refer to a cadet as a riding cluster or imply that of a horse wrangler.
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by emptycup View Post
                            I collect quotes. Here are a few:

First up, this one gives me chills every time I think of the story, it involves a college professor called to lead the 20th Main, a group of troops in the civil war, greatly outnumbered and out of ammo. To his troops he yelled........

"FIX BAYONETS!!!" - Joshua Chamberlain
                            Please, if you do not know this story you must read it.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - Sun Tzu

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body." - Chairman Mao Zedong

And my favorite comes from my father, his father, his father's father etc.
                            "Boy, if you feel froggy......jump."
                            I'll probably say it to my son someday, more than once.
                            Good ones! By the way, I notice that you aren't sure where your signature line comes from:
                            "Not everyone who craps on you is your enemy, and not everyone who cleans it off is your friend." - Parable of unknown origin
                            That's from a movie with Henry Fonda, "My Name is Nobody". I just saw it the other day. The story was told by Terence Hill (who is Mr. Nobody) about a baby bird that fell out of its nest and lay on the cold ground peeping loudly. A passing cow felt sorry for it, raised its tail and deposited a steaming heap of dung on the little bird.

Well, it was warmer, but still not happy, so it continued to peep as loud as it could. This time, though, a coyote hears it, cleans the crap off the little bird...and eats it.

Hill said his daddy never told him what the moral of the story was and he'd never been able to figure it out for himself. Later in the movie, Henry Fonda writes to Hill and tells him:

"The moral of your story was this: Not everyone who craps on you means to do you harm, and not everyone who cleans you up means to do you good. Most of all, though, the moral is this: When you're up to your neck in sh1t, keep your mouth shut!"
                            Last edited by SecTrainer; 10-12-2007, 11:35 PM.
                            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Favorite Quotes

if I was a half as ugly as you, I'd be a poster boy for a prophylactic.

I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together .

Gunny Sgt T Highway Clint Eastwood Heartbreak Rdge
                              CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X