State grants...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State grants...

I have heard some agencies receiving grants for community high crime complex's. In my state we have a weed and seed program. One of the local L/E deparments up north have rec this type of grant to help with putting more officers on the street. In turn they had used a private agency for more like a housing authority personnel. Has anyone heard of theses type of grants or even these types of contracts between L/E and and private agency co?

Originally posted by hemi444
    I have heard some agencies receiving grants for community high crime complex's. In my state we have a weed and seed program. One of the local L/E deparments up north have rec this type of grant to help with putting more officers on the street. In turn they had used a private agency for more like a housing authority personnel. Has anyone heard of theses type of grants or even these types of contracts between L/E and and private agency co?
    Private agencies are eligible for DHS and DOJ "Homeland Security" grant money. This usually needs to be "anti-terrorism" related.

There are a myriad of DOJ programs for inner-city housing, but 90% of them are for sworn municipal law enforcement agencies only. Notice I say "municipal," because quite a few grants accept the concept of VA and DC Special Police, and exclude them. Others are open season, anyone can apply. They're usually competitive based.

Chief Supply has grant people available to help you get grants and then spend that grant money at Chief (Not really, but they like it if you do.) This includes pay seminars on grant writing, and free grant counseling. They will talk to private agencies, as well.

I haven't looked at State Grants in-depth yet, but I haven't seen any grants for private concerns that relate to publis safety. Only social work, by licensed social workers.

The last part, I have seen security companies hired by the local police to patrol high crime areas in public housing. I've also seen them replaced with state, local, or federal housing police, too.

For high risk housing, look into private Section 8 housing complexes that recieve HUD funds. To generalize, I've found that you get some really nice complexes - and then ones that are worse than the real projects.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X