Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakenhut nuke S/Os caught sleeping

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Nuclea...ards_1004.html

Whistle blower got video of SOs at a nuclear power plant napping.
    Hospital Security Officer

I can't help but wonder if his post orders included something to the effect of "this is a really important site, so we don't want you using a computer, reading, listening to the radio, etc.. since it would look unprofessional. You will be expected to spend your twelve hour shift staring into the cameras (where nothing ever moves) or staring out of the window at an empty field/parking lot/side of another building." If this was the case, quite honestly I can't blame him for falling asleep........

Comment

Originally posted by bigshotceo View Post
      I can't help but wonder if his post orders included something to the effect of "this is a really important site, so we don't want you using a computer, reading, listening to the radio, etc.. since it would look unprofessional. You will be expected to spend your twelve hour shift staring into the cameras (where nothing ever moves) or staring out of the window at an empty field/parking lot/side of another building." If this was the case, quite honestly I can't blame him for falling asleep........
      No they are permitted to read, listen to radios and many other things in order to stay awake.

This is actually an old story, it happened at least a month ago that I remember. We have already lost the account and they are going inhouse.
      SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Rawstory is a less a "news site" and more a political blog. If it can be pinned on Bush, Rawstory will not only "cover" it, they'll ensure that the pin is 3 feet in diameter and lined with poison.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I worked in a high risk building with SMART CARD technology. Nothing was ever spared in expense from $2k coffee machines to $400 milk chillers for the coffee machine. It was 1 hour of CCTV monitoring (the building was 90% unfinished but had 2 tennants) and 1 hour of your partner conducting internal patrols. No margins for report writing or breaks and too bad if you need to use the toilet urgently.

On all high risk sites there was an hourly welfare check from 1800 and on remote high risk sites it was on the half past (half after for the yanks) to a solo officer who was on another high risk site who would monitor your welfare check via his radio as well. It is not only Security who take power naps - many IT staff do this in quiet times.
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

A sleeper story: The company I worked for had a few IT sites where you controlled the building and premises remotely from a gatehouse at near the entry gates. That night some kids had moved traffic barriers to form a detour (complete with detour sign) into this building complex and back out again. Police were called by someone and they attended the scene making enquiries with known security posts. They approached the gatehouse of this site and bashed on the door - no answer. Main control room attempted to contact guard with radio, mobile and telephone but no answer so Police smashed a window and then found the guard inside asleep in just his underwear and socks, snoring his head off. No he did not make employee of the month either.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
              Rawstory is a less a "news site" and more a political blog. If it can be pinned on Bush, Rawstory will not only "cover" it, they'll ensure that the pin is 3 feet in diameter and lined with poison.
              Well, that's not surprising.....Heck, it's President Bush's fault for everything that's going wrong! He just can't catch a break....I voted for him twice and I dont apologize for it!
              " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

pathetic. I wonder what Mr Burns said about them.
                sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

I know Eye On Wackenhut has the hots for TWC. They for the most part seem to make it their life's work to go after them. Thing is they are only interested in government sites and not the over all operation of TWC.
                  My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

EyeOnWackenhut = SEIU

Comment

This story made the CBS Evening News this week.
                      http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3447744.shtml
                      Good story. Click on the link above and check out the video that's attached to the story.
                      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Typical Reaction

Punish the security whistle-blower or shun the LEO who tells the truth about police misconduct.
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

How many times are we going to see the same story and video?

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                            How many times are we going to see the same story and video?
                            Whenever it's time for the monthly "F*** Wackenhut" time probably.
                            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I would like to see the Box Set on sale with that of Series 8 of the Sopranos for Xmas.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X