• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    integrator97

• integrator97
    replied
    Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
    I would have an occasional visit from wiccans having secret meetings,
    I assume you did the right thing a waited until the disrobed before confronting them?

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig S View Post
    Coast to Coast got me through many a nights when I worked the overnight patrol at a power plant. It was me, George or Art, and the raccoons.
    I them say that they have 500 + affliates. I'm sure we are not the only ones.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Craig S
    replied
    Coast to Coast got me through many a nights when I worked the overnight patrol at a power plant. It was me, George or Art, and the raccoons.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    That was the power of Art, even an off show, he knew how to make it entertaining with a bad guest.
    Not only that, I have seen him dismiss a guest or two. When that happened, he would go to a previously aired program or do " open lines". My favorite program is his "ghost to ghost" show every Holloween.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Ahhhhhhh I had forgotten the evenings of talk-back radio to midnight (we would work till 0300 or 0400 so the last thing you want to hear after 2400 was "blah blah I hate this ........... blah blah, they should all be ....."). It did make most of the nights go faster - especially if working alone or on a very quiet night in the middle of winter (not as bad as the USA for us).

Before our police networks went fully digital, I used to bring in my scanner and listen to the police bands if I was in running Command / Control so we would advise any sites of reported trouble. 1 night there was a pub flight with some 40 people involved just 1 block away from a solo officer. He was contacted and made his way inside a building to inform the security staff as a few individuals came up the street vandalising cars before police response.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Art would just let them go and keep getting nuttier and nuttier. George tries to steer them back onto the topic which isn't quite as entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I agree, the show is hit or miss. That was the power of Art, even an off show, he knew how to make it entertaining with a bad guest. George may never figure that out, and its a shame.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    For me Coast to Coast is one of thoes hit or miss shows. Sometimes I can't even listen to it because the guests are sooooo out there. Other times it can be very interesting. I listen to mostly local talk overnight. Oh yeah and George, when he first took over, did the show from the beautiful city of St. Louis.

Leave a comment:

• BUCKSHOT

• BUCKSHOT
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    That's just the topic of the night. They still have the same crazy guests.

www.coasttocoastam.com
    I have listened to the show while working overnights alone. It has freaked me out! I was also amazed at how many other people listen to it on the overnight. A streetsweeper actually introduced it to me, he pulled up to the car one night and started talking about it.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby

• sgtnewby
    replied
    His guest tonight bored me. I didn't last past the first hour. I miss Art's insane guests, not this political CHENEY IS THE DEVIL stuff.

That's just the topic of the night. They still have the same crazy guests.

www.coasttocoastam.com

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    Art is retired now, so you only hear "Art Somewhere in Time" on Saturdays from 6p to 10p. Otherwise it's George Noory midnight to 4 a on AM 1500 KSTP.
    His guest tonight bored me. I didn't last past the first hour. I miss Art's insane guests, not this political CHENEY IS THE DEVIL stuff.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Alright, I frequently forget this. So, I ask again.

When is art on, and what's the local station so I can get a webcast.
    Art is retired now, so you only hear "Art Somewhere in Time" on Saturdays from 6p to 10p. Otherwise it's George Noory midnight to 4 a on AM 1500 KSTP.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Alright, I frequently forget this. So, I ask again.

When is art on, and what's the local station so I can get a webcast.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
    Anyone here like working nights in a big city? I just love it. All the weird things happen at night. Also there is nothing like the lights of a big city at night and listening to late night radio!
    Coast To Coast AM!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    I think you guys jinxed me. My weekend 2200-0600 Security Officer called me
    on Thursday requesting a need to be off for the weekend. I told him not
    a problem, if he would work my weekdays 0600-1400, and I would work the
    weekend.

The one thing that brought back old days, is the peace and quiet.
    After about 0100 hours, you could hear a pin drop on the site.
    And the stars out at night are so nice
    And all the little critters and animals that come out at night.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X