Campus Security, Professional Portrayal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campus Security, Professional Portrayal

Here is an article that presents a professional security officer at a college campus. The article emphasizes the officer's skills with interpersonal contact and reason to get results on the job.

http://www.thefalcononline.com/story/5014
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Good story. I really like the fact that they are considered Proffessionals. This day in age, many people don't take a Security job seriously (or any job for that matter). This just goes to show that no matter what you get paid, or what you do, doing a good job, keeping up a good apperance and acting like a proffessional earns generous amounts respect.

Comment

I also believe it is wonderful the local media found it worthwhile to report the story in a positive light with an accurate portrayal of how the job is done.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

A refreshing change indeed! I liked the part about the freedom he had to make his rounds. We had it like that for more than 12 years. Then, along came a lazy guard and now we all have to hit "keys."
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Amazingly hate-speech free article from a campus paper! Now if they only paid their officers a decent wage- http://www.spu.edu/depts/hr/jobs.html#so

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
            How is $27,500-$29,500/yr. not decent for unarmed private security?
            Compared to Florida's 12-15, that decent.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              How is $27,500-$29,500/yr. not decent for unarmed private security?
              I'll take it. Here's my boss's number: 1-800-PAY-MORE
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

A good read.
                Sounds as if the admin also knows how to assign people.
                Everyone has their preferances and when the personality meets the assignment things go even better.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X