Good to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to go

So, tonight I start my first shift with a company I worked for for about two years without there ever being a night I wanted to call in. I left them about 7 years ago, eventually being promoted to corporal, but I can still remember every bit of it. The sometimes comedic highs and depressive lows. From dealing with mind numbing noise complaints to seeing people get beat up and the aftermath of shootings to mentally ill people, drunks, transients, prostitutes, and sometimes just night after endless night of static standing posts. I wonder how tonight's going to go....

So, what's some of you guys' most memorable moments?
    Last edited by Taktiq; 10-03-2007, 09:02 PM.
    ‎"If you can't tolerate humor directed at you, you do not deserve to be taken seriously"

Originally posted by Taktiq View Post
    Well, tonight I managed to slough off a massive federal incident report and accompanying client agency incident report after a car accident on our property by simply having the two drivers exchange information...SOP probably would've included calling for a federal officer to take a report, a 20-40 minute wait for said officer to come out to this location, aforementioned report (3155) and dictation, accompanying agency report, calls to supervisors, etc.

I liked my way better.

Oh, and I got pizza.

Comment

Beuracracy: the 5th horseman
      sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by Taktiq View Post

Last night, at the same time, a patrol guard was complaining no one in the company listened when he reported Chinese fast food delivery was sneaking food over the wall to students after curfview on a dark street. Then a County Police copter started buzzing overhead circling in 100 yard tight circles with spotlights overhead about 50' high max. Then a student came in shook up, and looked at his front bumper saying he hit an owl and called 911 for Animal Control to save it.

All this happened within a minute or so, it seemed. The Police Helicopter buzzing right overhead was head splitting after 10 minutes. The same patrol guard who reported the Chinese food smuggling, also reported after he got back to his station, that he watched the owl die while the Police were chasing their tail in the helicopter and cruisers running around on the ground searching for addresses on the wrong street (as one cruiser came up to me asking if we were another street's address - duh). Animal Control must mean something very different in County Code.

Not the most memorable moment, but certainly a brief moment in the FL Twilight Zone
        Last edited by ddog; 10-04-2007, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Ok here is one...

So at the hospital complex I work at there are 2 hospitals that are run by the came company. The adult hospital sits on either side of the childrens hospital. So I'm working at the Childrens ER and I just happen to look out the window and see a black male jogging, in only his boxers, north bound on the major street that is our western border. It was one of thoes, "Ummm thats odd" type moments. It then comes over the radio that he was a patient who was shot in the left knee and had left AMA.

So I decided I'm just gonna step outside to keep an eye on him. I find him at a traffic light talking to a cab. The cab already has a fare in the backseat and will not let him get in. So our boxer jogger decides to punch through the cab's front passenger window and the cab peals out as we come running towards him to now place him under arrest. But before we get there a homeless man walking down the street get the good ole 1, 2 combo to the face and is out cold before he hits the ground.

Subject gets tackled by 4 officers in the middle of the street and we have half of the northbound lanes blocked off trying to figure out how we are going to transport this guy and waiting for PD to arrive to gather info for the report.

While we are waiting a car comes flying up and slams on the breaks and does the fishtail turn and out jump 4 black males. They are the subjects 2 brothers, uncle, and father. They jump out very aggressively so out come the batons and almost the pistols, just in case. We were able to talk them down when we explained why he was in his boxers, in the middle of the road, shot, at 0400hrs, in December, in St. Louis.

The subject just kept yelling, "I just got back from Iraq, I fought for you and you are arresting me!" When ever I hear that line it makes my blood boil. Just because you went to Iraq means you can come back and act like a complete ,mind my french here, ****tard and we are suposed to be like "oh ok sir carry on". I've had that line used on me 3 times. Once with this guy and two times working at bars breaking up fights.
          "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
          some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Smuggling chinese food? Dang you shoulda sent him my way!

Either way, I didn't get to do anything anywhere half as exciting as that. Just 10 hours sitting at a construction site, fighting sleep. The plus was I became reaquainted with the nutcases who call in to "Coast to Coast AM". The downside...no chinese food. Not even a coke machine for that matter. The odd thing about this site was that not only was I out there working the perimeter, trying to keep the various miscreants (ie...squirrels and mosquitos) from stealing AC units, but TWC was on site as well doing the interior. Go figure.
            ‎"If you can't tolerate humor directed at you, you do not deserve to be taken seriously"

Comment

Taktiq,

Congratulations on the job. It's great when you enjoy your work. I just returned to work after nearly 3 months off because of a work related injury. The night before my first day back, I felt like a child on Christmas Eve, the hours could not go by fast enough for me.

Stay Safe.

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
                So at the hospital complex I work at there are 2 hospitals that are run by the came company. The adult hospital sits on either side of the childrens hospital. So I'm working at the Childrens ER and I just happen to look out the window and see a black male jogging, in only his boxers, north bound on the major street that is our western border. It was one of thoes, "Ummm thats odd" type moments. It then comes over the radio that he was a patient who was shot in the left knee and had left AMA.

So I decided I'm just gonna step outside to keep an eye on him. I find him at a traffic light talking to a cab. The cab already has a fare in the backseat and will not let him get in. So our boxer jogger decides to punch through the cab's front passenger window and the cab peals out as we come running towards him to now place him under arrest. But before we get there a homeless man walking down the street get the good ole 1, 2 combo to the face and is out cold before he hits the ground.

Subject gets tackled by 4 officers in the middle of the street and we have half of the northbound lanes blocked off trying to figure out how we are going to transport this guy and waiting for PD to arrive to gather info for the report.

While we are waiting a car comes flying up and slams on the breaks and does the fishtail turn and out jump 4 black males. They are the subjects 2 brothers, uncle, and father. They jump out very aggressively so out come the batons and almost the pistols, just in case. We were able to talk them down when we explained why he was in his boxers, in the middle of the road, shot, at 0400hrs, in December, in St. Louis.

The subject just kept yelling, "I just got back from Iraq, I fought for you and you are arresting me!" When ever I hear that line it makes my blood boil. Just because you went to Iraq means you can come back and act like a complete ,mind my french here, ****tard and we are suposed to be like "oh ok sir carry on". I've had that line used on me 3 times. Once with this guy and two times working at bars breaking up fights.
                ****tard, even the complete spelling is not a french swear word. Most french swear words have to do with the church (The Host, Tabernacle (sp?)) etc.Where as english swear words usually deal with bodily functions
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X