Does Anyone Collect Security Stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Collect Security Stuff?

I've managed to accumulate quite a pile of security related items over the past 30 years.
    I have old padlocks, safe locks, keys and some old alarm boxes.
    I have about 125 security badges, bought from gun shows, flea markets, and eBay. I have a bunch of patches but I only have room to display about a hundred or so.
    I have 5 Detex clocks, a Latham clock, a Amano clock and various key stations for them all.

I own quite an assortment of weapons, some are illegal or prohibited by companies now. I have night sticks, billies, sap gloves, saps, blackjacks, police model "nunchucks" (I still can't believe they let us carry those!), come-alongs, etc.
    One of my favorite items is a wooden billy club with a small bottle inside. It will hold 2 oz of booze. It was called a "liquor stick." It was left to me by a man who worked as a night watchman at a defense plant back in the 40's.

My collection of flashlights goes back to the 1920's. I also have my first Kel-Lite, a 3 C cell with a "slim line" head. The Kel-Lite was the first aircraft aluminum police flashlight. I think Streamlight bought them out.

I have about 20 security signs collected from properties I obtained from other outifts we took accounts from. If they didn't pull their signs down by our first night of service, they were mine!
    So, does anyone else share my passion for hoarding old security stuff?

P.S. If anyone has a set of the old brass ADT keys, stations, or a transmitter box, let me know. I will pay $$$ for them!!!! The last working ADT setup I saw was in 1988 at the Honeymead elevator in North Minneapolis.
    Last edited by Badge714; 09-29-2007, 11:03 AM.
    "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Originally posted by Badge714 View Post
    I've I own quite an assortment of weapons, some are illegal or prohibited by companies now.
    Well, I won't tell anyone if you don't.

As far as collectioning stuff. If it blinks, flashes, twirls and/or colored I want it... I go for lights and the such from mini bars to dashlights to fullsize lightbars... Odd I know, but that's just me.
    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Well, I'm on the electronic side, but I began collecting quite a few years ago. Someday I plan to have a room set up at the office as a mini museum. Panels and keypads, motion detectors and glassbreak sensors, you name it. I have some old ultrasonic motion sensors, that look like old speakers. I tell my people to make sure and save anything we pull out until we see if we want it.
      sigpic
      Rocket Science
      Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
      One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

You should spend a weekend with your digital camera and put up a webpage showing off some of your collection.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Patches & lapel pins.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
            Patches & lapel pins.
            Ditto... I collect both Security and LE patches and pins. I pretty much keep it local, with the exception of a LAPD traffic unit patch.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Speaking of patches, we finally redesigned out patches. Sorry for the large image, but I am at work and this is all I can link at the moment.

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Damn nice job, Davis
                ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
                  Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Damn nice job, Davis
                  Grazie, sir.

Comment

That looks real slick, top notch piece work. You can take real satisfaction in your workmanship.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                      You should spend a weekend with your digital camera and put up a webpage showing off some of your collection.
                      I'm going to be moving soon so I have everything packed up. I'll take some pictures when I unpack at the new place and post them online.
                      "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

Davis....Nicejob ! What are your uniform shirt color (s) out of curiousity?

Be safe,

Hank
                        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Minnesota Law allows him to have black or grey.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                            Davis....Nicejob ! What are your uniform shirt color (s) out of curiousity?

Be safe,

Hank
                            it's easier to look at them on our website...

http://www.secureforcellc.com

Comment

While I don't necessarily call myself a collector, no matter how much gear I accumulate, I always want more. On my next trip to the uniform shop, I plan to purchase some OC spray, a new stun gun (my gf took my last one and misplaced it), and two shoulder patches for my windbreaker jacket. In addition, later on I plan to purchase a duty coat with a badge patch, two shoulder patches, a security patch on the back, and my name sew on the front.
                              As for stuff that I no longer use, I have a badge holder that goes around my neck, a basketweave baton holder, and numerous other things.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X