Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    The above posts are real. My downtown hotel is within walking distance of about 10 other hotels. We are the ONLY one with 24 hour security

Leave a comment:

• integrator97
    replied
    Maintenance can double as security on the slow shift. They're armed with a plunger, so what's the problem?

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
    And still claim to be only able to afford one officer per shift, LOL
    "Surely you don't mean you want one officer every shift! Waddya think, money grows on TREES?!"

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    They are building a new hotel out in the DC area, with close to 3,000 rooms. Imagine the fun that will be to secure.
    And still claim to be only able to afford one officer per shift, LOL

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Is 30 years working hotel security enough experience? LOL

Everything that can happen in a city can happen in an hotel. During my many years I have delt with almost every situatuon a Police Officer has dealt with (except a shoot out since I am not armed). Being smaller than a city we deal with the situations less often than a street cop however.

Daily I respond to noise complaints, conflicts, fire alarms, sick & injured people, vehicle accidents, items missing from rooms +++. Over the years I have dealt with suicides, a murder +++

The only thing I always say, I'm been doing the job for 30 years, I'm 51, if my health holds out I have another 14 years to go. Up until now I still look foreward to going to work & still find the work challanging.

700 rooms is a bg hotel nowadays. Mine is only 487. Good lick!
    They are building a new hotel out in the DC area, with close to 3,000 rooms. Imagine the fun that will be to secure.

Leave a comment:

• echo06
    replied
    The best job I ever had was working security in a full function Marriott hotel!!!

Good times...good times...

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
    So have you ever had a "shot at and duck"?
    No, in the 26 years that I have been at the downtown hotel there have only been 4 incidents involving guns.

Leave a comment:

• integrator97
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    During my many years I have delt with almost every situatuon a Police Officer has dealt with (except a shoot out since I am not armed).
    So have you ever had a "shot at and duck"?

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Mine is only 487. Good lick!
    Errr, good lick?

I don't feel so bad now, the hotel we cover only has about 370 odd rooms; But, today and tonight is "Brewfest", so no doubt myself and other Officers will running all over dealing with noise complaints, drunk pedestrians, possible fights, and I'm sure more than one drunk driver (which we gladly pass the information on to our local Constables right down the street; Waiting... Just waiting...)

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Is 30 years working hotel security enough experience? LOL

Everything that can happen in a city can happen in an hotel. During my many years I have delt with almost every situatuon a Police Officer has dealt with (except a shoot out since I am not armed). Being smaller than a city we deal with the situations less often than a street cop however.

Daily I respond to noise complaints, conflicts, fire alarms, sick & injured people, vehicle accidents, items missing from rooms +++. Over the years I have dealt with suicides, a murder +++

The only thing I always say, I'm been doing the job for 30 years, I'm 51, if my health holds out I have another 14 years to go. Up until now I still look foreward to going to work & still find the work challanging.

700 rooms is a bg hotel nowadays. Mine is only 487. Good lick!

Leave a comment:

• cptmike223
    started a topic Hotel Security?

Hotel Security?

What's it like working hotel security? I've been offered a position in a 700 room luxury hotel but I'm not sure if I want to take it or not. All my security experience has been with a contract company.Hotel security seem like a interesting job, but I want to hear from some people with experience working for a hotel.
    Last edited by cptmike223; 09-28-2007, 11:01 AM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X