Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotel Security?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hotel Security?

    What's it like working hotel security? I've been offered a position in a 700 room luxury hotel but I'm not sure if I want to take it or not. All my security experience has been with a contract company.Hotel security seem like a interesting job, but I want to hear from some people with experience working for a hotel.
    Last edited by cptmike223; 09-28-2007, 11:01 AM.

  • #2
    Is 30 years working hotel security enough experience? LOL

    Everything that can happen in a city can happen in an hotel. During my many years I have delt with almost every situatuon a Police Officer has dealt with (except a shoot out since I am not armed). Being smaller than a city we deal with the situations less often than a street cop however.

    Daily I respond to noise complaints, conflicts, fire alarms, sick & injured people, vehicle accidents, items missing from rooms +++. Over the years I have dealt with suicides, a murder +++

    The only thing I always say, I'm been doing the job for 30 years, I'm 51, if my health holds out I have another 14 years to go. Up until now I still look foreward to going to work & still find the work challanging.

    700 rooms is a bg hotel nowadays. Mine is only 487. Good lick!
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mine is only 487. Good lick!
      Errr, good lick?

      I don't feel so bad now, the hotel we cover only has about 370 odd rooms; But, today and tonight is "Brewfest", so no doubt myself and other Officers will running all over dealing with noise complaints, drunk pedestrians, possible fights, and I'm sure more than one drunk driver (which we gladly pass the information on to our local Constables right down the street; Waiting... Just waiting...)

      “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
      "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
        During my many years I have delt with almost every situatuon a Police Officer has dealt with (except a shoot out since I am not armed).
        So have you ever had a "shot at and duck"?
        sigpic
        Rocket Science
        Making everything else look simple, since 1958.


        http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
        One Man's Opinion

        The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
          So have you ever had a "shot at and duck"?
          No, in the 26 years that I have been at the downtown hotel there have only been 4 incidents involving guns.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

          Comment


          • #6
            The best job I ever had was working security in a full function Marriott hotel!!!

            Good times...good times...
            K9...."Protect all who enter"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
              Is 30 years working hotel security enough experience? LOL

              Everything that can happen in a city can happen in an hotel. During my many years I have delt with almost every situatuon a Police Officer has dealt with (except a shoot out since I am not armed). Being smaller than a city we deal with the situations less often than a street cop however.

              Daily I respond to noise complaints, conflicts, fire alarms, sick & injured people, vehicle accidents, items missing from rooms +++. Over the years I have dealt with suicides, a murder +++

              The only thing I always say, I'm been doing the job for 30 years, I'm 51, if my health holds out I have another 14 years to go. Up until now I still look foreward to going to work & still find the work challanging.

              700 rooms is a bg hotel nowadays. Mine is only 487. Good lick!
              They are building a new hotel out in the DC area, with close to 3,000 rooms. Imagine the fun that will be to secure.
              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
                They are building a new hotel out in the DC area, with close to 3,000 rooms. Imagine the fun that will be to secure.
                And still claim to be only able to afford one officer per shift, LOL
                ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                Corbier's Commandos

                Nemo me impune lacessit

                Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
                  And still claim to be only able to afford one officer per shift, LOL
                  "Surely you don't mean you want one officer every shift! Waddya think, money grows on TREES?!"
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

                  "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

                  "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

                  "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maintenance can double as security on the slow shift. They're armed with a plunger, so what's the problem?
                    sigpic
                    Rocket Science
                    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.


                    http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
                    One Man's Opinion

                    The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The above posts are real. My downtown hotel is within walking distance of about 10 other hotels. We are the ONLY one with 24 hour security
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                      Comment

                      Leaderboard

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X