Your thoughts on the new Taser C2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    Oh, you can't let things like "what some attorney might say" drive your thinking. Attorneys can and will attempt to use anything that differentiates one weapon of any kind from another weapon of any other kind or the same kind, but they're usually not successful.

For instance, the police model has a longer range than the civilian models, so if you used that they could say "How come you had to taze the guy when he was so far away? Huh? Huh? How could he have been a threat to you from that distance? Huh? Huh?"

So, you use OC...."How come you used x% spray instead of y% spray? Huh? Huh?"

So, you use a baton...."How come you used a 26" baton instead of 21"? Huh? Huh?

So, you use a peashooter..."How come you used dried peas? Didn't you know you could put my client's eye out? Why dintcha use cooked peas? Huh? Huh?

So, paralyzed by legalphobia, you just decide to write people up...."How come you used a #2 pencil instead of a #1 pencil? Huh? Huh?"

Engaging in legalphobia "what ifs" is the ultimate mug's mind game. Come to terms once and for all with the fact that IF a liability case should come to trial - which the vast majority do not - lawyers will try to attack literally anything you did, any gear you used, any policy you followed, and every decision you made, no matter what. They will also, by the way, attack all the things you DIDN'T do...the gear you DIDN'T use, etc.

If necessary, run decisions about gear, policies, procedures or <whatever you're worried about> past your corporate council, carry appropriate liability insurance...and then just get on with doing your job the best you know how.
    Amen to the legalphobia, everyone talks a good lawsuit. In reality, suing someone is expensive and seldom successful.
    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
      Actually, to aleviate this problem, I would buy the X26e, the law enforcement version. They are available to any licensed security firm.

Also, as far as "dropping it == bad," the weapon will be replaced by Taser for free if you submit a police report. And since it just dumped AFIDs everywhere, you would be calling the police anyway.
      LOL, well if you don't call them they will be certainly calling you. Or at least stopping by for a little chit chat. Better get the coffee going...
      ~Super Ninja Sniper~
      Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
        Actually, to aleviate this problem, I would buy the X26e, the law enforcement version. They are available to any licensed security firm.

Also, as far as "dropping it == bad," the weapon will be replaced by Taser for free if you submit a police report. And since it just dumped AFIDs everywhere, you would be calling the police anyway.
        I didn't know that. I always thought security was stuck with the X26c or M18 civilian models.
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
          The knuckleheads that have been energized more than a couple times, know the taser better than anyone. However, the un-tazed knuckleheads could get confused. I'd honestly, would say a taser has more scare than a gun. You don't have to have GOOD reason to energize someone.
          Bad...
          I agree!
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
            I didn't know that. I always thought security was stuck with the X26c or M18 civilian models.
            It used to be, we were. Originally, before the X26 came out, you could get a "waiver" from Taser International. Then, a year later, only "sworn law enforcement agencies" could purchase the Taser X26e. Then, the next year, a 'licensed security firm that undergoes a background check' can purchase the X26e and any cartridge not prohibited by law.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X