X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Officer
    replied
    Must Be Lucky

I worked in the same hotel as my wife as security manager. I had to document her for taking keys home one night.

I still have not lived it down but she did understand work is work, home is home. And I was security way before I met her......

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    My company has no such policy that specifically targets this. It says you wont, among other things, flirt with tenant employees or customers and such but is open to interpretation.

Leave a comment:

• Unit649
    replied
    Its likely your company has a policy already in place. I'd follow that. I believe the policy at ours is that its discouraged, and I've heard of one person or the other being reassigned to a different site if a conflict could possibly occur.

I personally wouldn't do it-my wife would take care of the problem long before the Security company would need to

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    If this is true, then I am in deep doo doo. Being is contract security
    I had to stop at another post and having the field supervisior's car,
    and doing well being check
    I was contemplating whether to make sure the Guard who was
    on duty was in proper uniform. She did not have her badge on.

Then I remembered this person is my wife. I thought it best not
    to make it an issue.

# One I want some new toys for Christmas
    # Two At some time I have to sleep. We have a large iron frying pan
    on the stove, which could easily go clunk on my head when I am in slumber land

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Man anyone that has seen some of my post I'm sure shake their heads and say what an insensitive SOB Chucky is. And due to my time in combat and just plain life experiences has left me a little cold. But after reading a few of your post here I am ashamed and saddened that a little more compassion wasn't used by some of you in your post.

Do you think that some of the females on this forum that add in great ways to our experience feel real good about them selves after reading some of the crap and generalities posted in this thread?? These ladies do the same work as we do and are not doing it for the gratification of a few pubescent insensitive idiots. Please try as hard as it my seem to think before hurting feelings.

Leave a comment:

• CAP
    replied
    We initially only had a policy that said that Supervisors could not date their subordinates.
    We actually hired a couple which was a horrific idea now that we look back on it. The male in the relationship (we found out after they were hired) was extremely jealous. He made allegations that everyone was attempting to "make time" with his girl, even me!

Neither their employment or their relationship lasted more than 3 months after being hired. She kicked him to the curb, started dating another guy and all 3 of them ended up have to take the walk.

It is now in our S.O.P.'s that no officer can enter into a relationship with a co-worker not matter what their rank in the company is. And we most definately will never hire a "couple" again.

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    It's just my opinion.

I think it's best that couples do not work together on almost any job.

I've seen way too many times that when things go bad for the couple, one or the other, or both of them start trying to buddy up with the other employees, and try to turn everyone against the other.

I had trouble once with a dispatcher, who was very well thought of with my department, latch onto me when I first started in police work. It got ugly. I did not ever have anything to do with her outside of work, and I was strictly ALL department business with her at work, but she would call my residence and leave messages to call her ASAP at her residence.

It got to the point I lost a girlfriend over it. The last straw was when another employee told me that the dispatcher in question was telling other employees that I was over her place doing her, when her boyfriend came home and chased me out of her place, causing me to go running down the street, in all my nakedness down the street.

I had been holding off on telling anyone in supervision about this until that point (so as not to cause waves, remember, I was brand new to the job), but after hearing that crap, I told my field training officer, who happened to be a good friend of mine, about what happened.

He then went to supervision with me and got the dispatcher to completely stop her interest with me. (believe me it was not a short story, but I don't want you to get too bored. )

I can imagine it could be even worse if it involved a couple, working together, who broke up.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Under no circumstances should a supervisor be involved romantically with an employee who reports to the supervisor. Again, reassignment is often the best solution.
    Hence the reason why the Military follows the same guidelines...

Kinda OT, sry...

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    It makes life difficult especially when a supervisor has a love interest at another post where something happens involving the love interest and the supervisor abuses their power to find out what happened. 1 woman who replaced my 6 week babysitting contract of 1 high risk site let the new rank go to her head. Within 2 weeks she had her b/f and brother transfered to the site and was fire the next month for fornicating with her b/f onsite.

I met my wife (an executive) through work when she was a client. We met socially out of work at a party and began dating but I never returned to that company as a client. When she resigned to be a CEO in a new company I had been asked a week earlier to accept a new exec position with another company and apart from the MD, no-1 knew of our relationship. I had to learn to bite my tongue if I overhead male staff commenting about how stunning she looked or those female staff who would talk behind her back. No-1 knew we were together until after we had left the company together and it was made public - 4 years into our contract.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by CAPTAIN KOOLAID View Post
    not even with ValleyOne's night stick on
    Um ya, you can borrow my baton when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Sec is absolutely right on all counts. I would like to add that I do not date any of the ladies at work is because they start asking for favors. Favors like better posts, better schedules and last minute call offs because they "date the boss". Nah! Too much of a headache for me.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• integrator97
    replied
    Originally posted by mh892 View Post
    WOW, CK. How Politicaly incorrect. I have a feeling your about to get pounced on.
    Gezzz you have be Politically incorrect with who you won't date or sleep with.
    Kill me now
    I refer you to posts # 23 & 24 here http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...?t=3573&page=3

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    Security Officers dating each other?

WOW, CK. How Politically incorrect. I have a feeling your about to get pounced on.
    Gezzz you have be Politically incorrect with who you won't date or sleep with.
    Kill me now

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    There nothing wrong with that you know what say about women they are like wine get better with age. I just draw line at voice box lol.

The company I work for have no regs on dating each other. But the females are our k9 units a bunch dogs and scary bull dikes. There great people just no one I every date or let alone F*** not even with ValleyOne's night stick on 10 foot pole.
    WOW, CK. How Politicaly incorrect. I have a feeling your about to get pounced on.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    He (?) doesn't date younger women?
    Har har!! Good one!

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X