Security Officers dating each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Officers dating each other?

What is your policy about Security Officers dating each other? What about a Security Officer dating a Supervisor?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

To be honest its not the Army as long as it doesnt affect your work than there shouldn't be a problem.

But of all the females I have seen working Security I wouldn't want to date any of them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by blocka View Post
      But of all the females I have seen working Security I wouldn't want to date any of them anyway
      Who said anything about females?? ??
      sigpic
      Rocket Science
      Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
      One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

The officers dating each other is fine as long as no boss/employee relationship exists. A supervisor dating one of their direct reports is forbidden.

Comment

Originally posted by blocka View Post
          By the way, what have you got against dating 82 year old chain smoking women with raspy voices?
          sigpic
          Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
            By the way, what have you got against dating 82 year old chain smoking women with raspy voices?
            He (?) doesn't date younger women?

Comment

Originally posted by mh892 View Post
              haha nice one

and integrator97 that description is pretty much spot on

Comment

Originally posted by integrator97 View Post
                There nothing wrong with that you know what say about women they are like wine get better with age. I just draw line at voice box lol.

The company I work for have no regs on dating each other. But the females are our k9 units a bunch dogs and scary bull dikes. There great people just no one I every date or let alone F*** not even with ValleyOne's night stick on 10 foot pole.
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

With regard to officers dating officers, the situation would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If, as can happen in some cases, the relationship compromises the mission, something like reassignment of one of the officers would be both justified and required.

Under no circumstances should a supervisor be involved romantically with an employee who reports to the supervisor. Again, reassignment is often the best solution.

Of course, one reason that companies fear these relationships is because there might be problems if and when the people break up, but that really is a different issue altogether. It might never happen, and should be dealt with if and when that time comes.

It should be emphasized that firing people (or "accepting their resignations") is usually not the only, or the best, way to handle such situations. Look at alternatives such as splitting up shifts, post reassignments, etc. first.

It should also be emphasized that there is something very wonderful that happens to people when they "find the right person" and settle into a stable relationship. In fact, they often become even better employees, so why throw cold water on them? If this really is "big-L Love", well...be happy for them and try to help them. Don't be a Grinch!! All you'll get for your trouble is good employees quitting, or else they'll be sneaking around behind your back, and either of those outcomes will affect you, them and the rest of your team very adversely.
                  Last edited by SecTrainer; 09-22-2007, 09:34 AM.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Har har!! Good one!
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by CAPTAIN KOOLAID View Post
                      There nothing wrong with that you know what say about women they are like wine get better with age. I just draw line at voice box lol.

The company I work for have no regs on dating each other. But the females are our k9 units a bunch dogs and scary bull dikes. There great people just no one I every date or let alone F*** not even with ValleyOne's night stick on 10 foot pole.
                      WOW, CK. How Politicaly incorrect. I have a feeling your about to get pounced on.

Comment

WOW, CK. How Politically incorrect. I have a feeling your about to get pounced on.
                        Gezzz you have be Politically incorrect with who you won't date or sleep with.
                        Kill me now
                        CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

WOW, CK. How Politicaly incorrect. I have a feeling your about to get pounced on.
                          Gezzz you have be Politically incorrect with who you won't date or sleep with.
                          Kill me now
                          I refer you to posts # 23 & 24 here http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...?t=3573&page=3
                          sigpic
                          Rocket Science

One Man's Opinion

Comment

Sec is absolutely right on all counts. I would like to add that I do not date any of the ladies at work is because they start asking for favors. Favors like better posts, better schedules and last minute call offs because they "date the boss". Nah! Too much of a headache for me.

Be safe,

Hank
                            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

not even with ValleyOne's night stick on
                              Um ya, you can borrow my baton when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
                              ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                              Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X