Everyone's Got One, Let's Hear Yours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone's Got One, Let's Hear Yours.

It is common in the Security field to hear stories about haunted buildings that Officers work in. I currently work in one now with my new job. The Country Club we protect at night is notorious for ghost sightings. Everyone else has seen something but me Officers claim they hear voices and see hooded figures and the appirition of a little girl. The property has a lot of antiques. One of the antiques the "activity" seems to be centered around in a mirror that has a baphomet in the design of the frame. So lets hear your experiences!!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

LOL not haunted where I work but if I did see something of the "un-worldly" nature I might ask for a change of pants.
    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

I wonder what part the force continuum would be useful in acting against a tresspassing ghost. Are they empty handed if they have no hands?
      sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by HospitalOfficer View Post
        Officers claim they hear voices [. . .]
        That's normally an indication of a mental disorder, not ghost sightings.

Comment

Tons of people say they've seen demons, ghosts, and other things here...

... but we are also at a Psychiatric facility

I have not worked any site that was known to be haunted. However I was working overnight at an old Greek Orthodox Church once and thought I heard some movement upstair in the area with the bell. The $8.00/hr just simply wasn't enough to venture up there.

I also did a security detail at Saint Martin's University for a couple nights. SMU is apparently notorious for spirits. In the abbey it is said there was a monk or something who threw himself from like the 8th story floor and died and his wife/lover committed suicide on the 7th story floor, (or 2 other adjacent floors) and now the spirits wander about the two floors looking for each other. There's also other spirits that are said to haunt the campus. I have never seen any of them.
          Last edited by Lawson; 09-17-2007, 10:32 PM.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Organized Religeon: Reasons for suicide since 6,000BC

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jessee View Post
              Organized Religeon: Reasons for suicide since 6,000BC
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I never ever believed in the ghosts /spirit stuff either, until I saw a shadow figure one night. I was doing my rounds in a building that was lit up. I was on the 2nd floor and I stopped to look at something on the wall, I turned around and I saw what I believe to be a shilloutte of a human and it walked about 15 feet in front of me. As I was standing there seeing this I about ran out of the building. The building was empty. and there were no outside windows. It wasent my own shadow, this looked like a human but was completely black. I was stopped in the hallway and this thing just was walking around. After I got my wits together I thought well I better go and and walk into the conference room that this thing went into. So I walked in there, all the lights were off, I turned the lights on and nothing.

I told my boss about it the next day as I as kinda spooked and he told me he sees it once in a while but he stated he sees other spooky stuff at other buildings we have to check at night. But this is the only thing Ive ever seen.

Comment

I have yet to see any type of ghost or apparition. I can only hope if I ever bump into one it's something that doesn't scare the crap out of me.

Id rather see one that is of human form, slightly transparent, and is smiling.

Rather than one that is 9 feet tall, a deep dark black void with black swirling fog about it.
                  "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by plankeye View Post
                    I never ever believed in the ghosts /spirit stuff either, until I saw a shadow figure one night. I was doing my rounds in a building that was lit up. I was on the 2nd floor and I stopped to look at something on the wall, I turned around and I saw what I believe to be a shilloutte of a human and it walked about 15 feet in front of me. As I was standing there seeing this I about ran out of the building. The building was empty. and there were no outside windows. It wasent my own shadow, this looked like a human but was completely black. I was stopped in the hallway and this thing just was walking around. After I got my wits together I thought well I better go and and walk into the conference room that this thing went into. So I walked in there, all the lights were off, I turned the lights on and nothing.

I told my boss about it the next day as I as kinda spooked and he told me he sees it once in a while but he stated he sees other spooky stuff at other buildings we have to check at night. But this is the only thing Ive ever seen.
                    not to make anyone think I'm WAY out here, but I'v'e dealt with these dudes before. Even influenced my artwork http://www.drowtales.com/ua/main.php...geViewsIndex=1

of course I used artistic liscence

Comment

I used to work at a Vocational School as an SEO and there was one officer on duty for afternoons and night shift. Each building had a letter associated to it. Well, everytime I went into "Building B," I swear someone was watching me. I would go by the mens restroom one time and the lights would be off. The next time around they are on. Another time when I was working nights, the teachers lounge in "Building B" was secure. Next time around the door was open as was a door to an adjacent classroom. Creepy building.
                      "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

I once worked at a residential care facility, when I was 18. During my rounds (they were rounds, this was strictly O&R security), my hair would stand on end while walking through the chapel area.

People routinely die at this end care facility. I asked the shift nurse if she knew of anything near that area that would make my hair stand on end. To me, I figured it would be an ungrounded transformer or a highly charged electrical panel or something.

She goes on, and soon the other nurse does, about how they won't go in that area alone, cause there's something wrong there.

Then one of em called my boss and complained I was asking about "ghosts and stuff" near the chapel area.

My boss, who had previously worked the place before going to the office, called me the next morning and reminded me that the nurses on shift are useless and not to ask them questions, only the head nurse.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
                          I used to work at a Vocational School as an SEO and there was one officer on duty for afternoons and night shift. Each building had a letter associated to it. Well, every time I went into "Building B," I swear someone was watching me. I would go by the mens restroom one time and the lights would be off. The next time around they are on. Another time when I was working nights, the teachers lounge in "Building B" was secure. Next time around the door was open as was a door to an adjacent classroom. Creepy building.
                          Everyone knows that ghost can see in the dark so that rules out them turning on the lights. And we all know that ghost can walk through walls and don't need to open doors so there goes that theory. The link below is were I got my conclusive factual information. Once you watch the first option you to will be a believer that what I say is true.

http://www.classicmedia.tv/harvey/toons/index.html
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

my story

I was working night shift at a reirement home on a closed down AFB. We had a resident, Mr. X, he would come down to the lobby around 02:00 hrs, ask for a cup of coffee and sit by the gas fire place. He did this every night and one time I finaly asked him why. Mr. X went on to tell me that his phone number was one number off, his last number was 8 and dominos was 9, of dominos and they are open until 03:00 hrs, the only place in town open that late. Mr. X made his nightly treck for nearly a year before he passed. The saturday after he passed my buddy droped by, with some pizza, he came in and sat in my office, just off the lobby, I had just finnished straighting up the chairs and picking up some stray trash, the night shift was to tidy up the lobby nothing major, as we sat in my office we both hear a click, wosssh. I look out to see the fire place was on. Then it dawned on me and I asked my buddy, Was that on when, he cut in with a, NO! We both step out of the lobby and no one is around and we both notice that the one chair was tuned to the fire place and there was a coffee cup sitting on the brick of the fire place. All just as Mr. X use to leave it. I told my buddy the story and then filled the coffee cup with coffee and left the fire place on until 03:00 hrs. and said good night to Mr. X

Comment

The hospital that I am employeed by, in thier infinite wisdom and cost savings measure, located our office space on the deserted, and i mean deserted (we are the only office on this floor) floor of a building that has been in its past going back to 1911 a hospital, a psych ward, a rehab facility, detox, and surgical area.

We hear noises, crying, footsteps, lights going on and off, doors closing. All sorts of wierd things.

I can't wait until they tear this SOB down and move us somewhere decent.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X