replied
    Originally posted by Nabeel
    This post of mine is very beneficial and informative
    Says you.

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    Originally posted by hemi444 View Post
    If you do not mind what does money have to do with this?
    The more money I make, the higher my BS tolerance gets, i figure it's the same for a lot of people. The guy had it hard enough making very little money (something like 8 bucks an hour is what the contract guards at the county make), i don't want to make it harder if I don't have to.

Leave a comment:

• hemi444
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Caesar View Post
    So i tell him, nicely, because i know he dosen't make much money and I didn't want anyone to be a A-hole to me while i was doing my job.
    If you do not mind what does money have to do with this?

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    In Missouri you can't have your weapon on you and have one drink. If you have one drink and get stoped with your weapon you lose your gun and your CCW.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    How many of you, CCW or police, carry a flashlight with your firearm reliably? Honestly, now.
    I carry a bright-as-hell LED penlight, along with my weapon, a reload (mag), folding knife of some sort, wallet, keys, cell, "space pen", and occasionally a small OC can.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyJ
    replied
    I am not aware of any law in California that specifically states that you cannot be intoxicated while carrying a firearm. I know that most law enforcement departments, including mine have, have regulations against being intoxicated while carrying a firearm.

I know I woud be in violation of federal law if I consumed alcohol while carrying my firearm soley on the authority of the Law Enforcement Officer's Safety Act (most people know it as HR 218).

Individuals in California who have a CCW are in jeopary of having their CCW revoked if they are caught drinking while carring a firearm. The department that issues the CCW can revoke it for "good cause".

In my county it would be rare to find someone who has a CCW. Our Sheriff will not issue them.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    In the south, usually it is illegal for anyone (police or civilian) to carry while consuming alcohol or with a BAC above .02

In the north, its usually .04 to .08 for police, citizens, or both.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Yes. It varies from state to state however. Obviously, in general it is simply bad juju to carry a gun while intoxed.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyJ View Post
    A good buddy of mine likes to give me sh*t about everything that I carry, however it's not his house or freedom on the line if anything goes down.
    So true. I have five firearms and keep them (safely) in strategic places around the house due to the increasing numbers of home invasion robberies. My cell phone is tiny, so I almost always have that on me or in reach.

In my opinion, the best home defense weapon is the good ol' scattergun; there's just something about that "ka-chonk" sound of pumping a round in the dark, where I know my way around and they don't, that usually says everything that needs to be said. True to its name, they'll usually scatter. But, if anything more needs to be said...well, that's just what the trigger is there for.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Are there any laws down there that make it an offense to be armed & intoxicated?

Leave a comment:

• DeputyJ
    replied
    The majority of the time I carry my cell phone, o.c., handcuffs, one extra mag, and a little scorpian flashlight(unless I leave my mounted light/laser on the pistol), along with my firearm when I'm off duty. When I don't have my flashlight physically on me, there is always a stinger in the glove box. There are times when all I carry is a firearm and handcuffs, but those times are rare.

I'm a big guy (six foot tall, 240 lbs) so it's rather easy for me to conceal my gear.

A good buddy of mine likes to give me sh*t about everything that I carry, however it's not his house or freedom on the line if anything goes down.

Stay Safe.

Leave a comment:

• gcmc security part 2
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post

Oh, and if you're not... Carry a damn flashlight, or a weapon mounted light. Do not get suckered into the "you couldn't positively identify the threat because you couldn't illuminate it."

How many of you, CCW or police, carry a flashlight with your firearm reliably? Honestly, now.
    I carry my streamlight TL-2 when I CCW. Hell I carry it half the time even if I don't CCW

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    i carry a little surefire in the net pocket of a small first aid kit on my service belt, I have a multitook right next to it-both in easy reach

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I've heard this as well, and its in vogue now to carry disposable restraints and a can of OC along with your gun.

The reason, of course, is because you are carrying on your badge of office and therefore can't just shoot someone like a civilian can. You still have to react with appropriate force.

Honestly, when I carried concealed on my security permit for work, I carried a baton, a small can of OC, and a pair of cuffs. This way, I could articulate that I had the proper tools, and none of them were adequate to stop the threat. Or, alternately, that I had the proper tools and could stop the threat before resorting to the firearm.

Its basically CYA. Buy a single pair of Tri-Fold restraints, keep em in your pocket when you carry. Buy a Key Defender from ASP or a spitfire, keep it on your keychain.

Oh, and if you're not... Carry a damn flashlight, or a weapon mounted light. Do not get suckered into the "you couldn't positively identify the threat because you couldn't illuminate it."

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    then it is at least an option available to you given a chance. Always have a snap blade or OC to back up on too.

I heard a great scenario on this in weapons for LE magazine. There was a litigation due to an officer shooting that was off duty. He had his carry gun on him but no cuffs. The defense won because he asked the officer why he didn't carry cuffs, the clinching question was," So you were only planning on shooting someone that day- not arresting them?"

SHEESH I hate lawyers

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X