Cops' trap snares sentries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops' trap snares sentries

Two RT guards are held in theft of game console at station.
    By Stan Oklobdzija - Bee Staff Writer
    Published 12:00 am PDT Thursday, September 13, 2007
    Story appeared in METRO section, Page B1

As part of an ongoing anti-theft campaign, the Rancho Cordova Police Department baited a trap.

They left a popular video game console on the back seat of a car in the parking lot of the Mather Field light-rail station.

Monday night at 10:30 p.m., the bait was taken.

Using "sophisticated electronic surveillance equipment," hidden in the game console, officers took up the chase.

They didn't have far to look. The trail led a short distance away -- to the small building used by the station's security guards.

Rancho Cordova Detective Sgt. Pete James said officers confronted the two guards on duty and found the game console stashed inside a trash bag in a file cabinet.

The guards, Ashneel Kumar, 18, of North Highlands and Daniil Shevchuk, 19, of Sacramento, admitted breaking into the vehicle and stealing the game system, James said.

Both are in custody on three felony charges related to the theft and break-in, according to jail records.

The two were employed by the Wackenhut Corp., which provides security at some light-rail facilities, said Sacramento Regional Transit District Deputy General Manager Mike Wiley.

A manager at Wackenhut's Sacramento office refused to comment on the incident.

Wiley said it is his understanding that Kumar and Shevchuk are no longer employed by Wackenhut.

RT and Wackenhut will investigate whether any past thefts were related to the guards, Wiley said.

Link even has their pictures.
    http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/376641.html

Warm bodies at work. No hiring standards make us all look bad.
    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

The guards, Ashneel Kumar, 18, of North Highlands and Daniil Shevchuk, 19, of Sacramento, admitted breaking into the vehicle and stealing the game system, James said.
      And yet, people outcry against "Profiling" because the suspect may be other than American decent...

Last I checked, Ashneel and Daniil weren't traditionally American names... and I've less than a doubt these individuals applied to/were hired by the Company with no forethought to their ethnicity and perhaps a religious agenda?

Who knows...
      “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
      "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

maybe they should hire someone that's been here a few years first. Had time to dry themselves.
        sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

No matter what their ethnic background they make all of us look bad. I mean, thefts are so bad at a facility which has contract security assigned to it that the police have to conduct an investigation? That alone is sad. But to find out those very SOs are the ones breaking into vehicles? That's too much.
          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Whats kind of funny? I apped to wackenhut. Never heard anything back from them. I guess I know why now. I didn't meet their strict hiring standards.

Comment

Cops' trap snares sentries

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
              Whats kind of funny? I apped to wackenhut. Never heard anything back from them. I guess I know why now. I didn't meet their strict hiring standards.
              I know the feeling .
              CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

We have several Wackenhut employees here.

(Hi, Tim.)

So, how do you prevent this? Hire people over 25? Hire people wit... with what, actually?

Two kids (18 and 19 are children to me, I'm sorry, I'm old.) stole a PS3 or 360 or something. (A DS is a bit small to put "sophisticated tracking devices" in...)
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

The wackenhut ad here, states you must have a year of experience. Isn't that kind of hard for a 18 year old?

Comment

I find it to be a very odd story. First of all, TSOs are entry level, no experience required, USOs require a year experience, CPOs require a much more strigent requirements (experience-wise, we still get dumb CPOs).

They said they were 18 and 19. So I would assume that they were TSOs. I don't know that area but in most areas anything Transit like that required you to be a CPO with LE/CO experience. But I'll refrain from Monday Morning QB'ing.

The point of the matter is, people steal. I don't care if your a cop, s/o, burger-flipper, janitor, what have you.

I once was a shift supervisor for security at a major international airport in MI. The only people who could get into our office, was the Shift Supervisors and Airport Police Officers. We literally as supervisors had to let our people into the office. We also had to open the door and supervise housekeeping when they cleaned the office.

I had purchased a brand new fancy smancy pair of patrol gloves (kevlar puncture protection, bio protection, etc). I was very much happy with my purchase. After my shift one day I left them in my pigeonhole by accident.

Do you think they were there when I got back?? Nope.

If they were from some rinky dink local company it wouldn't even had made a mention on this board probably.
                    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
                      The wackenhut ad here, states you must have a year of experience. Isn't that kind of hard for a 18 year old?
                      Generic Security Company Interviewer: So, to work at this company, you need experience. What security experience do you have?

18 Year Old Kid: For the last two summers I guarded my uncle's construction site at night.

Interviewer: Did you ever fall asleep?

Kid: ............ .............. Yes.

Interviewer: How often?

Kid: ............ ............. A few times

Interviewer: Did they ever catch you?

Kid: No.

Interviewer: Welcome aboard! Leave payment for your security licence and uniforms with the receptionist (cash, certified cheque or money orders only), and we'll give you a call to set up your training day.

Comment

And why do you use the title Sentries? In my experience a Sentry is what I did in the Marine Corps standing outside some ammo dump in Korea freezing my patoot off. They are Security Officers, just like you....abet crappy ones.

Comment

Keep in mind, Wackenhut is in a fight with several unions, and some people in the media are sympethatic. Anything that can be used to prove "Wackenhut's gross incompetence, which is why YOU need to join the SEIU RIGHT NOW" will be published, so it can be touted about as THE WORD OF GOD HIMSELF.

Because we all know the media can only print the truth.

(Note: It was ruled that television stations have no duty to report the truth, after one was sued for basically making stories up. The court found no fraud or actionable activity on the part of the station or the reporters.)
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                            And why do you use the title Sentries? In my experience a Sentry is what I did in the Marine Corps standing outside some ammo dump in Korea freezing my patoot off. They are Security Officers, just like you....abet crappy ones.
                            gcmc security, dusting off some of my old training material the definition of Sentry according to Air Force terminology at the time: "Sentry--someone whose job is to watch over things as designated by the commander making such appointments. In other services or countries sentry is called: lookout, picket, sentinel, watch, watchman or guard."
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

Bill, Was some of that material carved on stone tablets?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X