X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schampcpp
    replied
    Never Forget

I read the Des Moines paper that the editors state that there is a compassion overload, and people do not have time to remember these souls from six years ago.
    I have my Officers read a story about Rick Rescorla, at rickrescorla.com
    the story is "The real heroes are dead'
    Rick was the security Manager at the Towers for Morgan Stanley.
    All great security people should use his courage and determination as a backstop.
    I remind all of Officers on this day, as I buy their lunch.
    We are the idiots!!! we are the first on into an emergency, and the last one out.
    We honor the firefighters, EMS, and the Police, and most forget the 47 plus Security Officers that were in both Towers before EMS arrived.

be careful , and always keep yourself safe.

Chuck Schamp CPP

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    My uncle works for FEMA's Disaster Management Team, and has been dealing with the aftermath of fires, 'splosions and air disasters since before I was born. He wen't there with a few others to help look for survivors from CT. He told me he'd never had nightmares until that day.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
    Myself, along with every other reserve on our department, were called up that day just in case anything popped off here in the metro. That night was eerie. Minnetrista always has commercial airliners flying overhead on approuch to MSP. The only planes I saw that night were F-16's from the Duluth ANG Tactical Fighter Squadron. It was really weird.
    National Guard, Army and Air activites are governed by Title 32, United States Code. The very moment these aircraft leave the runway they are governed by Title 10, United States Code.
    At one time, Alaska and Hawaii ANGs performed air defense duties exclusively. The government found it cheaper to just pay salaries while in the air, fuel, ammunition and upkeep of both airports and planes than installing active duty USAF for these missions.
    Congressional manpower ceilings were not impacted by guard and now reserve personnel assigned to these duties. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, ANG tanker units, KC-97L, were assigned to Europe to refuel USAF fighters while active duty refuelers were assigned to Southeast Asia in an operation named "Creek Party." Saved tons of money.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Myself, along with every other reserve on our department, were called up that day just in case anything popped off here in the metro. That night was eerie. Minnetrista always has commercial airliners flying overhead on approuch to MSP. The only planes I saw that night were F-16's from the Duluth ANG Tactical Fighter Squadron. It was really weird.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Some guy once came up with wearing a purple ribbon on November 8th for "World Security Guard Memorial Day." An expo, somewhere in Southeast Asia, came up with this idea.

Nobody's ever heard of it, of course, and the "World Security Congress" is basically a trade show for non-US security vendors. But, why the hell not?

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
    It kind of pisses me off that I was the only guard at work yesterday wearing a mourning band. That, and our flag was half-staff, and employees kept coming up asking who'd died. This in a federal agency
    That is angering! Another thing that is disturbing to me is that very few people (other than us) who remember the security officers that stood their post on that dreadful day ( I'm sure there are threads on this already). You do not hear this, but they were the true first responders. Simply put, they were there working. But no one mentions them. I will never forget those NYPD and NYFD personell not to mention those ordinary americans who were earning a living. And I will never forget those security officers who did their duty and lost their lives.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    It kind of pisses me off that I was the only guard at work yesterday wearing a mourning band. That, and our flag was half-staff, and employees kept coming up asking who'd died. This in a federal agency

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    You have to in Canada. It's the law! (All cars have to have daytime lights).
    I would say that daytime lights almost standard here as well. There a few exceptions though.....

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    The above poster was warned for insulting other members, i.e. myself.

I noted the time between the attacks because it was six years ago, and I had to check myself, because I thought they were right after each other themselves.

Hopefully this thread will not be derailed by further outbursts.
    your correct Nathan, i couldnt remember but it was 6 years ago, but there was a time frame in between the two hits as one reporter was talking about the first plane hitting the first tower, and how the president would comment, then we get " we just got reports a second tower has been hit" then it went back to live feed, this was a long time ago and the memories are still eteched in my mind, i am very patrotic so, i often tear up watching 9/11/01 videos , and tributes.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    The above poster was warned for insulting other members, i.e. myself.

I noted the time between the attacks because it was six years ago, and I had to check myself, because I thought they were right after each other themselves.

Hopefully this thread will not be derailed by further outbursts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    sigh

I double checked, it was actually about 10 minutes between the first and second strikes.
    Is the nit-picking really necessary today? Just because you always have to be right doesn't mean you can't just shut it for 5 minutes and remember the fallen.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I double checked, it was actually about 10 minutes between the first and second strikes.

I was woken up shortly after the first attack by my telephone. All of them. Ringing at once.

It wasn't quite sure what hit at that point, and I thought "hmm, plane hitting the WTC?" One of three things:

1) Prelude to an invasion by a foreign power (low likelyhood)
    2) Single Terrorist Attack (Almost!)
    3. Prelude to a uprising in New York.

So, the lack of nukes going off in CONUS kinda ruled out #1, and possibly #3.

When a second one hit, it was obvious that we were under some sort of attack. SImply because you get the response infrastructure to form up on the target, then you blow it (and them) up.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    I will never forget that day, i was on my way to an electrical wiring class, i walked in early like usual the TV was on the news was on, the first plane had hit, then about 1 min, later the second hit, terrifing it was, although probally much more so if i was actually in NY, the week that followed was solemn everyone i knew trying to get back to NY, flights had stopped, my buildings security went from 3 to 7 guards per shift, no one talked to any one, it was a creepy feeling, a feeling i will never forget.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    In pursuit of happiness, and all who threaten it..........The word is that all who drive this day, run with your headlights on! I plan to!

Especially today,

Be safe,

Hank
    You have to in Canada. It's the law! (All cars have to have daytime lights).

Leave a comment:

• DeputyJ
    replied
    God Bless America

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X