No announcement yet.

Never Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some guy once came up with wearing a purple ribbon on November 8th for "World Security Guard Memorial Day." An expo, somewhere in Southeast Asia, came up with this idea.

Nobody's ever heard of it, of course, and the "World Security Congress" is basically a trade show for non-US security vendors. But, why the hell not?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Myself, along with every other reserve on our department, were called up that day just in case anything popped off here in the metro. That night was eerie. Minnetrista always has commercial airliners flying overhead on approuch to MSP. The only planes I saw that night were F-16's from the Duluth ANG Tactical Fighter Squadron. It was really weird.
      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
        Myself, along with every other reserve on our department, were called up that day just in case anything popped off here in the metro. That night was eerie. Minnetrista always has commercial airliners flying overhead on approuch to MSP. The only planes I saw that night were F-16's from the Duluth ANG Tactical Fighter Squadron. It was really weird.
        National Guard, Army and Air activites are governed by Title 32, United States Code. The very moment these aircraft leave the runway they are governed by Title 10, United States Code.
        At one time, Alaska and Hawaii ANGs performed air defense duties exclusively. The government found it cheaper to just pay salaries while in the air, fuel, ammunition and upkeep of both airports and planes than installing active duty USAF for these missions.
        Congressional manpower ceilings were not impacted by guard and now reserve personnel assigned to these duties. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, ANG tanker units, KC-97L, were assigned to Europe to refuel USAF fighters while active duty refuelers were assigned to Southeast Asia in an operation named "Creek Party." Saved tons of money.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

My uncle works for FEMA's Disaster Management Team, and has been dealing with the aftermath of fires, 'splosions and air disasters since before I was born. He wen't there with a few others to help look for survivors from CT. He told me he'd never had nightmares until that day.
          sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Never Forget

I read the Des Moines paper that the editors state that there is a compassion overload, and people do not have time to remember these souls from six years ago.
            I have my Officers read a story about Rick Rescorla, at rickrescorla.com
            the story is "The real heroes are dead'
            Rick was the security Manager at the Towers for Morgan Stanley.
            All great security people should use his courage and determination as a backstop.
            I remind all of Officers on this day, as I buy their lunch.
            We are the idiots!!! we are the first on into an emergency, and the last one out.
            We honor the firefighters, EMS, and the Police, and most forget the 47 plus Security Officers that were in both Towers before EMS arrived.

be careful , and always keep yourself safe.

Chuck Schamp CPP

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X