Never Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Forget

Never Forget Those Who Have Been Lost And Never Surrender For Those That Still Serve.
    Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

its been six years since those attacks... I doubt America will ever forget

Comment

I won't forget...
      ~Super Ninja Sniper~
      Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

In pursuit of happiness, and all who threaten it..........The word is that all who drive this day, run with your headlights on! I plan to!

Especially today,

Be safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Never forget those who lost their lives, nor those who gave them that day.

Semper Fi.
          www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
              In pursuit of happiness, and all who threaten it..........The word is that all who drive this day, run with your headlights on! I plan to!

Especially today,

Be safe,

Hank
              You have to in Canada. It's the law! (All cars have to have daytime lights).
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I will never forget that day, i was on my way to an electrical wiring class, i walked in early like usual the TV was on the news was on, the first plane had hit, then about 1 min, later the second hit, terrifing it was, although probally much more so if i was actually in NY, the week that followed was solemn everyone i knew trying to get back to NY, flights had stopped, my buildings security went from 3 to 7 guards per shift, no one talked to any one, it was a creepy feeling, a feeling i will never forget.
                Its not how we die that counts.....
                Its not how we lived that counts....
                all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I double checked, it was actually about 10 minutes between the first and second strikes.

I was woken up shortly after the first attack by my telephone. All of them. Ringing at once.

It wasn't quite sure what hit at that point, and I thought "hmm, plane hitting the WTC?" One of three things:

1) Prelude to an invasion by a foreign power (low likelyhood)
                  2) Single Terrorist Attack (Almost!)
                  3. Prelude to a uprising in New York.

So, the lack of nukes going off in CONUS kinda ruled out #1, and possibly #3.

When a second one hit, it was obvious that we were under some sort of attack. SImply because you get the response infrastructure to form up on the target, then you blow it (and them) up.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

sigh

I double checked, it was actually about 10 minutes between the first and second strikes.
                    Is the nit-picking really necessary today? Just because you always have to be right doesn't mean you can't just shut it for 5 minutes and remember the fallen.

Comment

The above poster was warned for insulting other members, i.e. myself.

I noted the time between the attacks because it was six years ago, and I had to check myself, because I thought they were right after each other themselves.

Hopefully this thread will not be derailed by further outbursts.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                        The above poster was warned for insulting other members, i.e. myself.

I noted the time between the attacks because it was six years ago, and I had to check myself, because I thought they were right after each other themselves.

Hopefully this thread will not be derailed by further outbursts.
                        your correct Nathan, i couldnt remember but it was 6 years ago, but there was a time frame in between the two hits as one reporter was talking about the first plane hitting the first tower, and how the president would comment, then we get " we just got reports a second tower has been hit" then it went back to live feed, this was a long time ago and the memories are still eteched in my mind, i am very patrotic so, i often tear up watching 9/11/01 videos , and tributes.
                        Its not how we die that counts.....
                        Its not how we lived that counts....
                        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                          You have to in Canada. It's the law! (All cars have to have daytime lights).
                          I would say that daytime lights almost standard here as well. There a few exceptions though.....

Be safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

It kind of pisses me off that I was the only guard at work yesterday wearing a mourning band. That, and our flag was half-staff, and employees kept coming up asking who'd died. This in a federal agency

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
                              It kind of pisses me off that I was the only guard at work yesterday wearing a mourning band. That, and our flag was half-staff, and employees kept coming up asking who'd died. This in a federal agency
                              That is angering! Another thing that is disturbing to me is that very few people (other than us) who remember the security officers that stood their post on that dreadful day ( I'm sure there are threads on this already). You do not hear this, but they were the true first responders. Simply put, they were there working. But no one mentions them. I will never forget those NYPD and NYFD personell not to mention those ordinary americans who were earning a living. And I will never forget those security officers who did their duty and lost their lives.

Be safe,

Hank

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X