Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahProtectionForce
    • Jan 2007

1 Dead, 1 Wounded In Store Shooting

PHOENIX -- A convenience store security guard fatally shot one man and superficially wounded another during an apparent robbery attempt in west Phoenix, police said.

One man pointed a gun at the 67-year-old security guard around 1:30 a.m. Sunday while the other apparently went to steal items from the store, Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill said.

As the suspects ran away, Hill said the man with the gun pointed it at the security guard, who then fatally shot the suspect, identified as 21-year-old Daniel Arbizu.

Hill said the second suspect, identified as 20-year-old Marcos Martinez, attacked the security guard, who then shot Martinez in the arm. Hill said it was a superficial wound.

Marcos Martinez

Detectives said the gun that Arbizu had been carrying had no bullets in it. Because the security guard had no way of knowing that, Hill said it did not affect his right to use deadly force.

Martinez was being held on charges of attempted robbery and first-degree murder under the felony murder rule. The rule allows prosecutors to allege first-degree murder in cases where a separate felony results in death

Clerk Brady Daniel was shot and killed during at the same Circle K on June 4, but Hill said there was nothing to suggest the incidents were related.

Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....
  • ValleyOne
    • Jan 2007

Seems to me incidents such as this involving armed s/o's is accelerating at an alarming rate, or is it just the vast and timeless efficiency of the internet that brings us the information at the alarming rate?

Eitherway, I should hit the range and soon.
    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

• mh892
      • May 2006

Originally posted by ValleyOne
      Seems to me incidents such as this involving armed s/o's is accelerating at an alarming rate, or is it just the vast and timeless efficiency of the internet that brings us the information at the alarming rate?

Eitherway, I should hit the range and soon.
      More news travels faster than it did just a few years ago.

Comment

• EMTGuard
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
        Detectives said the gun that Arbizu had been carrying had no bullets in it.
        That'll teach him to run around with an empty gun.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

• ddog
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by EMTGuard
          That'll teach him to run around with an empty gun.
          Yeah, it sounds like he pissed Pops off, after he made him pee in his pants. But Pops aims with two hands evidently. The other guy had time to attack him again after that, and just got winged. Pops must have dropped his guard momentarilly after dropping the first crack-head, but did his job like a pro.

I bet he wants a conceiled Dragon Skin now. St Pete, FL has one or two LE guards in every convenience store, so those are high risk posts depending on the neighborhood. They earn their dollar or two more an hour: for sure(!).

Bullet proof barriers would be strategic in any building where firearms would be required. But its not as cheap as gun-ho Security Guards at $11.50/hr; although the SO Company gets much more than that, and rips the SO off with low standard wages. If the armed guard ever gets shot w/o proper body armor AND low wages, let's hope they get payment in one form or another: if they live. If they do not live, their family should definitely seek legal advice.

((I thought illegal aliens just wanted to do low wage jobs Americans did not want to do - ???))
          Last edited by ddog; 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Lawson
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ddog
            ((I thought illegal aliens just wanted to do low wage jobs Americans did not want to do - ???))
            Knocking off convenience stores is a low wage job I do not want to do
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

• DarkMetalWolf
              • May 2007

I have rather mixed feelings on this. First, it is a real shame that both were not killed! I applaud the Security Officer. Second, Daniel Brady was related to me. So, I recon my opinion is rather bias. It is appearing that there is a lot more shootings lately, and by looking at the age, they all seem to be 19 to 23. So, is this a trend? If so, what is the cause of the this violence in that generation?
              "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
              (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

• JSam21
                • May 2007

Originally posted by DarkMetalWolf
                I have rather mixed feelings on this. First, it is a real shame that both were not killed! I applaud the Security Officer. Second, Daniel Brady was related to me. So, I recon my opinion is rather bias. It is appearing that there is a lot more shootings lately, and by looking at the age, they all seem to be 19 to 23. So, is this a trend? If so, what is the cause of the this violence in that generation?
                I'm blaming rap music. J/K

I think its more of a feeling that that age group has now-a-days. They feel that why should I bust my ass everyday when I can either deal dope or rob a place and make more money faster.

They want the fruits of labor without the labor.
                "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

• BadBoynMD
                  • Feb 2007

First and foremost it's the blame of the parents of these knuckleheads, and our (expletive) government. While you have a pretty good majority of hard working families, where both the husband and mother are working full time jobs. There is no one "home" to take care of little Johnny Badass. Then of course, you have some parents that are thugs themselves, and did everything, short of raising thug babies. You have chicks that practically soak at the thought of dating a thug. Chicks from coke heads to rich prep school sweethearts. So, what happens, they (the thug) wants to impress his woman, so they go out and do stuff so theres something to talk about. Crazy, I know, but very much true. Alot of security officers think having a gun is going to scare these thugs away. Time has changed, thugs know the law better than most police officers. Therefore, they know that gun ain't (expletive) to them, unless they give you a reason to use it. So, you got a group of thugs that you have to deal with. Well, keep in mind it's a "impression" thing, and they want to be "cool" among their fellow thugs, so they will test you. Most will take the beat and release, just to impress their fellow thugs. The world is going to hell in a hand baskey gentle, prepare yourself accordingly. Train, train, train, train and PLEASE train as much and as often as you can. The (expletive) is getting ready to hit the fan. We have yet to see the worse of it.
                  "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• locknid
                    • Apr 2006

I actually saw this incident go down from a balcony of the apts I was working directly next to the circle k where it took place. The area which it took place is an extremely bad part of town known as maryville. I have worked this area for a very long time now. Its one of those parts of town that no one would miss if it got nuked. I applaud the S/o as he took a couple mexican gang bangers off the street.

This is how stupid these people are. There is an armed security guard, in full uniform, and in plain sight inside the store. These thugs still attempted to do a beer run and when the guard attempted to stop them they decided to pull a gun which wasn't loaded at someone who was. End of story, totally justified.

It alarms me at how many guns I find on people and on young kids. It bothers me even more that a lot of times the gun is not even loaded or doesn't have a round in the chamber. While good for me it shows how far these mexican gang members will go.

I am not using mexican as a bad thing in this post, it's just that most of the gangs in maryville are mexican.

Comment

• locknid
                      • Apr 2006

i am sorry but I was given wrong information from the circle k clerk. not really wrong but early information before the situation was investigated to the fullest. turns out the kid was doing a robbery. the security guard let the kid behind him, kid put his empty gun to the security guard's head, security guard wouldn't give up his gun, another got the cash in the register, and on the way out the security guard shot. it was not a beer run as initially thought.

Comment

• ValleyOne
                        • Jan 2007

I think alot of it IS on the parents shoulders. I have seen this time and time again. Where? Damn near everywhere. Kids will throw tantrums like kids do, and instead of putting their foot down parents will placate to them. Or on the otherside of the coin the kids will gult trip mom and/or dad when the kids are chastised for their misbehavior.

I was standing in line and thie 4 YEAR OLD GIRL knew how to work the crowd. Little girl was acting up, so mom held her hand. When she got outta line mom gave one of those tight squeezes (lol, think pain compliance), the kids screamed out your hurting me. Mom didn't say anything, just gave the kid THE LOOK. Kid starts up again. Mom squeezes. The kid looks at everyone in line, "She's hurting me!!!!" Mom, gets a little nervous and picks the kid up and holds her. When I was a kid, I would've been wondering why the back of my head was all of sudden stinging... yeah, dad was that fast.

I was in the same line, getting my hunting lic and tag. It was the last day to do it and I didn't have a chance all-anyhow. This high school kid and his folks are in line. We've ALL been standing there for about 40 mins or so. This kids starts treating his parents like crap. "We need to leave now, so you can take me to the game so I can see Jennifer*" "Honey, just call her up and let her know what's going on." "I CANT!!! she leaves her phone in the locker room when she's cheering!!! She won't know why I'm late! Let's go!" "Jimmy* don't you want to hunt? We need to get your tags and your dads too." "Yes, but I want to see Jennifer!" "If we leave now your dad won't be able to hunt" "SOO?!?! I have to get to the game, and see my friends!"

At this point I wanted to bitch slap him. His parents get outta line and take the whiny little to the game. That's when I wanted to bitch slap the parents.

I don't know where parents got the idea stuck in their heads that the kids run the show. But, damn, I feel it's the job of the parent to do that be the parent. Not be the buddy, the parent. The administrator of Juvenile Justice as if it were. Because, kids don't posess enough knowledge, commone sense, wisdom, and experience to take on the world by themselves. Even though they think they do.

What happened to Dr. Spock? Did someone off him?

*Do you really think I would post peoples real names?
                        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

• DarkMetalWolf
                          • May 2007

I think alot of it IS on the parents shoulders.
                          I used to blame the parents solely, however, now that we live in a society that it is no longer acceptable to smack/spank your child as a form of discipline.........well that opens up a big argument doesn't it.

[/QUOTE=ValleyOne;41013]yeah, dad was that fast.[/QUOTE]

Yep, so was mine! Then I very quietly removed myself from the floor!

[/QUOTE=ValleyOne;41013]What happened to Dr. Spock? Did someone off him?[/QUOTE]

Mr Spock, before he passed, actually released a book in which he admitted to the world that his beliefs were wrong. After seeing the actual outcome of his teachings over the years and apologized for misleading so many.
                          "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
                          (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

• ddog
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DarkMetalWolf
                            Mr Spock, before he passed, actually released a book in which he admitted to the world that his beliefs were wrong. After seeing the actual outcome of his teachings over the years and apologized for misleading so many.
                            Leonard Nemoy? That's totally illogical Captain.

Comment

• Ron Jessee
                              • Aug 2007

What happened to Dr. Spock? Did someone off him?
                              Yeah, the ACLU
                              sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...