No announcement yet.

1 Dead, 1 Wounded In Store Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to blame the parents solely, however, now that we live in a society that it is no longer acceptable to smack/spank your child as a form of discipline.........well that opens up a big argument doesn't it.
    Well, some parent's do indeed, take the beating of their child a bit too far. However, society is at fault, because the cost of living is so high, that it takes both parents to be employed just to make a life for the family. Therefore, the parents don't give the much needed attention to their children. However, of course there are some parents that just simply don't care what there child does.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

A child's behavior training begins before they leave the crib. It is often parental indifference that takes a heavy toll.
      I remember putting a recruit hold on my sons more than once because of their egregious conduct. They along with their sister were taught to say "yes sir or no sir" to all male adults and "yes maam and no maam" to all adult females. They heard me addressing my wife and dear or yes maam or no maam. The youngest of our four is now 40-years old and their deportment carries on.
      Society does have an influence on its members but children reared in a loving and supporting environment carry on respectfulness into adulthood.
      As a police officer I went out of my way never to denigrate those with whom I had contact to the point of saying, "Sir or maam you are under arrest for ..."
      The adage what goes around comes around is in play today in our dealings with one another.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X