Best way to get prcing info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to get prcing info

Can anyone give me a good idea on how to get pricing information for security guards. I was going to open up the phone book and start calling the various security companies in my area, but is there any other way? I live in the Los Angeles area and there are a lot of security companies around here. My intent is to get a general pricing chart for my area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason.

If I could quote a previous thread....

Don't C***block.

Guys I'm sorry.
    "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
    some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

You're not large enough to look into government contracting most likely, so looking at LA city council records and LA county purchasing records won't work.

Check the SEIU master contract for your area, since SEIU is very powerful in LA, and see what their minimum wage is. If you're not a union firm (and you may find yourself being union if you take on contracts where SEIU campaigns, be aware of this.) then you can attempt to underbid the union ones.

Otherwise, open the phone book, use a phone that the caller ID doesn't scream "security firm," and start asking about prices. Remember, it depends on what your wanting, too.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by fifibag2 View Post
        Can anyone give me a good idea on how to get pricing information for security guards. I was going to open up the phone book and start calling the various security companies in my area, but is there any other way? I live in the Los Angeles area and there are a lot of security companies around here. My intent is to get a general pricing chart for my area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason.
        It is not quite clear to me just what it is your looking for, or for what purpose. Putting together a "pricing chart" for the LA area, is virtually impossible. For the most part, bill rates are based on pay rates. As N.A. suggested, looking at the SEIU Master Agreement is a start, but really just gives you minimum compensation. Within the framework of that agreement, pay rates will still vary quite a bit although the average will obviously be higher than non union contracts.

Then you have the various market segments, i.e. the officers at the Beverly Hilton probably make more than the officers at a junk yard in the valley.

If you're thinking of starting a company, there are a vast number of issues to be considered before you price your first contract. At the point at which you do, pick a pay rate appropriate to the specific site, and build your other costs and profit on top. If you are interested, I would be remiss not to point out that we offer security contract pricing software on our website.
        Richard Dickinson
        Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
        DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
        www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Richard has a point. Just getting a "list" of what people pay, then going, "I'll bid 2 bucks cheaper" won't cut it. You may not actually be able to afford that, or you will be seen as underbidding.

You may have to place substandard guards at your contract if the bid rate is too low. And at that point, you'll get a reputation for hiring sh1t guards, and giving sh1t services, and you'll be targeted by someone who can afford to underbid your underbidding till your firm goes under.

Have you considered how you'll be marketing, including online marketing as well? I too would be remiss if I didn't mention we design online and offline marketing packages for security firms.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X