supporting wannabism or professionalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supporting wannabism or professionalization

With more authority (arrest and detention authority etc.) and protections battery on security officer laws etc.) bestowed on private security in this country do you feel that it strengthens the wannabe image that security has always had or that these protections and powers are a sign of the industry professionalizing it self? Explain your answer
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

depends on the individual. I'm sure your stereotype wannabe, that overloads their duty belt with everything from 5 magazines to a GPS reciever and skirts laws in order to feel like they have as much power as an LEO, would probably be the kind of cop that does the same thing.

I've been called a wannabee for wearing BDUs and boots (theyre comfortable as all get out), having a set of binoculars on my dur belt, and even the wraparound shades. I don't consider myself one because I know exactly where my power begins and ends. (not carrying my weapon into a convienience store for instance.)
    sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Laws authorizing arrest or detention, laws providing protections against battery, and other such things are not "strengthening professionalism" or "encouraging wannabe-ism."

They are simply things that the state has recognized that the citizens of the state need to be better protected, and things that those who protect need to help protect themselves from attack.

Being able to "arrest" someone does not make you a professional. Being able to charge someone with a felony because you were hit does not make you a professional.

This will not really change the contract security industry, because it doesn't force any changes upon the industry in Florida, or in general.

After all, several states already have these instances, and no "increase in professionalism" came from them.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

wow two answers and 64 views.
        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Maybe because we have about three similar threads on this issue running and active at the same time?

So pic a thread and let's all focus on that thread, so as not to get things all confused?

We have one thread on what seems to be more power for us...

Another for a clearer definition of our differing roles...

And, yet, another for increasing wages and etc.

So perhaps we should decide which thread will be the one to concentrate our ideas on, whoever's thread is chosen should change the title to reflect the grouping of all other thread?

How 'bout them cookies?
          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
            Maybe because we have about three similar threads on this issue running and active at the same time?

So pic a thread and let's all focus on that thread, so as not to get things all confused?

We have one thread on what seems to be more power for us...

Another for a clearer definition of our differing roles...

And, yet, another for increasing wages and etc.

So perhaps we should decide which thread will be the one to concentrate our ideas on, whoever's thread is chosen should change the title to reflect the grouping of all other thread?

How 'bout them cookies?
            This thread is now about cookies.

I enjoy them.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

IMHO when the majority of these companies provide incentives and commiserate pay and recognition. Along with support for each and every person that works for them. And a retirement package would not hurt ether. Then it's a profession. The day the WBC routine is tossed out then things will get better. Till then its status quo. It's the money. Theirs.
              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X