Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
    Dude, if I am 420Km from civilization that LAST thing that would scare me is a Resort S/O carrying a knife...
    God, I wish I was 420 km (260 miles) from civilization!

Leave a comment:

• big_d
    replied
    The only problem is that battons or any other duty wepon may only be used when you are carrying a fire arm. I know what a stupid law. So you can only carry a batton if you have a gun. There is no way the resort will arm us. Only CIT and body guards and the ocasional armed guard is the only people that have guns down here.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Originally posted by big_d View Post
    We can't carry knifes with us as it scares the hotel guests. But we do carry leathermans which do contain a knife if it comes down to it.
    That would be because knives are not permitted to be carried by security as part of their duty equipment, leatherman-like multi-tools are acceptable due to their various applications

If you're detail frequently encounters armed offenders (which I'm hoping it shouldn't 420Kms from civilization) perhaps a small 16" telescopic baton (in a pouch) off your belt would look inconspicuous enough to patrons but useful enough during potentially hazardous entanglements?

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Hmm. The site carries a heavy bias against low frequency bass used in rap and electronica music, as well as the vehicles that play them.

Anyone else have anything to say?
    Here is a link to understand infrasonic wave lengths for the effects from article before. Ultrasonics is smaller waves (Hz) which have interaction effect from 4 piezo transducer tweetors which accomplish the same effects with different characteristics at reduced size/lower cost/increased flexibility of wave range effects.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-wavelength.htm

I cannot write a book on a forum with 'brain-drain' posts. Nor can I supply links to open ended questions like What, Why, How, When, and Where. Thinking cannot be avoided, lol. But I will answer any applicable or pragmatic questions.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Hmm. The site carries a heavy bias against low frequency bass used in rap and electronica music, as well as the vehicles that play them.

Anyone else have anything to say?

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Can you provide some to support this idea, please? I do not count prisonplanet as an acceptable link.
    Here is the best and simplist explanation of a complicated energy form like electricity itself. Infrasonics effects in article are similiar effects to ultrasonics, which is the weapon of choice with law groups.

http://www.lowertheboom.org/trice/infrasound.htm

Hopefully, I will publish something by next year or soon after, which will require statistically confident measures of effects. It is allot of engineering research and empirical evidence, so its not available yet in prisonplanet. There are some links at bottom of page and appendixes on article above to get started.
    Last edited by ddog; 09-09-2007, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by ddog View Post
    This one is safe. FBI, CIA, Mental Health Institutes, and Police in USA use it routinely (for decades) combined with sound projections and infrasonics to wake people up. Once inside your house AC return-air system, your exposed skin (to cotton blend clothes or air) will pulse and throb with your excited heart rate, which will keep you up: for years if undetected and/or disquised with sub woofer disturbances.

This has actually been around a long time, but has just been updated by the inventor or ultrasonic expert of link on last post with (light weight-high power-low cost) piezo transducer tweeters. Infrasonics and sound projection beams can be recorded audibly though in most cases for legal action of harrassment. Likewise, a positive ion meter can record negative and damaging electronic effects of ultrasonic devices for the same result, except its the favorite 'toy' of all government law enforcements. So it will be an up-hill battle of idiots saying, "can you explain that again, I've never heard of that". It is pretty safe in other words.

For hotels, my only concern would be that it may get in ac system of other rooms to some degree and cause paranoid symptoms of other guests or make them more irrate at loud neighbors. It would require experimentation, but once fixed on metal or wood to a lesser degree, it acts like a microwave in increasing intensity. So it would effect its target of loud customers rapidly, and may resolve problem before side effects to other customers are ever noticed physiologically.

If ultrasonics was ever made illegal, then most traffic redlights, sliding doors, and car alarms would have to change immediately. Industry is counting on consumer ignorance and law agencies discouraging acknowledgement of this energy's use, powers, and liabilities involved (in everyday devices which cause 'unknown medical' disorders).

I would also be very suspect of your hotel competitors who are technology inclined, if you didn't mention the occurance rate was very high (i.e. - college students rudely blowing off steam).
    Can you provide some to support this idea, please? I do not count prisonplanet as an acceptable link.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by big_d View Post
    The only problem is they want us to do security work with out looking like security. We wear navy blue slacks with a blue polo shirt with the company logo embroyed on the left hand breast then it says security under it and thats it. The vechile we drive is unmarked just company logo with nothing that says security. The shirts are the same ones that house keeping wear.
    That's the hospitality industry. Security scares guests.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
    Dude, if I am 420Km from civilization that LAST thing that would scare me is a Resort S/O carrying a knife...

Soooooo very true! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• big_d
    replied
    The only problem is they want us to do security work with out looking like security. We wear navy blue slacks with a blue polo shirt with the company logo embroyed on the left hand breast then it says security under it and thats it. The vechile we drive is unmarked just company logo with nothing that says security. The shirts are the same ones that house keeping wear.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• big_d
    replied
    We have the flying doctors on site which is like a flying ambulance. We are about 420 Km away from the nearest decent size town which has major medical facilitys or about 50min flight. We do have a small hospital on site. The police are also on site. Which has 4 officers and 2 patrol cars. As it is a small comunity everyone knows everyone so if something was too happen we have comunity support. Also there is a local F.D.

We can't carry knifes with us as it scares the hotel guests. But we do carry leathermans which do contain a knife if it comes down to it.

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    In another post somewhere some mentioned this type of device being used on cruise ships to defend from pirates. My worry is that Canada. like most Commonwealth nations seem to outlaw any new personal defense technology as soon as it comes out

This one is safe. FBI, CIA, Mental Health Institutes, and Police in USA use it routinely (for decades) combined with sound projections and infrasonics to wake people up. Once inside your house AC return-air system, your exposed skin (to cotton blend clothes or air) will pulse and throb with your excited heart rate, which will keep you up: for years if undetected and/or disquised with sub woofer disturbances.

This has actually been around a long time, but has just been updated by the inventor or ultrasonic expert of link on last post with (light weight-high power-low cost) piezo transducer tweeters. Infrasonics and sound projection beams can be recorded audibly though in most cases for legal action of harrassment. Likewise, a positive ion meter can record negative and damaging electronic effects of ultrasonic devices for the same result, except its the favorite 'toy' of all government law enforcements. So it will be an up-hill battle of idiots saying, "can you explain that again, I've never heard of that". It is pretty safe in other words.

For hotels, my only concern would be that it may get in ac system of other rooms to some degree and cause paranoid symptoms of other guests or make them more irrate at loud neighbors. It would require experimentation, but once fixed on metal or wood to a lesser degree, it acts like a microwave in increasing intensity. So it would effect its target of loud customers rapidly, and may resolve problem before side effects to other customers are ever noticed physiologically.

If ultrasonics was ever made illegal, then most traffic redlights, sliding doors, and car alarms would have to change immediately. Industry is counting on consumer ignorance and law agencies discouraging acknowledgement of this energy's use, powers, and liabilities involved (in everyday devices which cause 'unknown medical' disorders).

I would also be very suspect of your hotel competitors who are technology inclined, if you didn't mention the occurance rate was very high (i.e. - college students rudely blowing off steam).
    Last edited by ddog; 09-09-2007, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by ddog View Post
    That sux when obnoxious people can bother innocent people at will. You might want to investigate Ultrasonics (or dog repellers) that will make them very uncomfortable with loud sounds, cotton blend clothes/sheets, and/or large metal objects: near wall boundaries especially. Its perfectly legal, quiet, and very effective. Effects range from hyper heart rates, nausea, and/or muscle cramps. A (up to 140db soundless energy) tool for about $350 per device (plus shipping) which would be invaluable for such occasions as noise offenders They won't know what hit them.

http://www.amazing1.com/
    In another post somewhere some mentioned this type of device being used on cruise ships to defend from pirates. My worry is that Canada. like most Commonwealth nations seem to outlaw any new personal defense technology as soon as it comes out

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    We used to work on the 3 strikes & you our out system. We'd call the police to help us evict if we needed them. About 3 years ago the lawyers for the police decided that an hotel room is a person's temporary home. The charter of rights & freedoms does not allow someone to be evicted from their home without getting a judgement from a court. Now we work with our hands tied. As most out of towners do not know the law, if they are disturbing other guests continuously we will still try to make them leave. One of my Night staff still calls the police to help & so far all the ones that have responed have helped him. The problem calling the police in a majpr dpwntown area is that a noise complaint in an hotel is very low on their prioriety of calls. My night guy called last week. It took the police 80 minutes to arrive. (I had my scanner on they were busy with fights, including one with officers in trouble). In those 80 minutes that guests that were being disturbed continued to be disturbed.
    That sux when obnoxious people can bother innocent people at will. You might want to investigate Ultrasonics (or dog repellers) that will make them very uncomfortable with loud sounds, cotton blend clothes/sheets, and/or large metal objects: near wall boundaries especially. Its perfectly legal, quiet, and very effective. Effects range from hyper heart rates, nausea, and/or muscle cramps. A (up to 140db soundless energy) tool for about $350 per device (plus shipping) which would be invaluable for such occasions as noise offenders They won't know what hit them.

http://www.amazing1.com/

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X