Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    the only reason I would pushe C&L is to somehow try to cancel out the current regime. And I MEAN regime.

You know- taking baking soda, not because you like the taste but to get rid of bad indigestion, which sucks worse at the time.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Everyone in the media has an agenda.

On one side, you have the far left fish wraps. On the other side, you have the far right neo-con cage liners.

Murdoch has flat stated that he will use Fox News to push his agenda.

Especially on the internet, where people can find extremely biased blogs and "news sites" that cater to their political leanings and report the "news" only based on what they want to hear.

CrooksandLiars, a "news site," can spin anything into a vast Bush conspiracy, for example. Its a blog, not a news site, but to its supporters, its the ONLY TRUE NEWS OUT THERE.

Its sorta like getting your news from Rush Limbaugh.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyJ View Post
    The media here is very slanted towards the left, which is why I rarely watch the local news. The main paper here is very anti-cop, which is why I cancled my subscribtion. Everyone is welcome to their thoughts and views, I just don't want to have them pushed on me.

Stay safe everyone.
    I'm sure it's the case throughout the country! It is not just the west coast papers, the east coast fish wraps have their agenda too!

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• DeputyJ
    replied
    The media here is very slanted towards the left, which is why I rarely watch the local news. The main paper here is very anti-cop, which is why I cancled my subscribtion. Everyone is welcome to their thoughts and views, I just don't want to have them pushed on me.

Stay safe everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    California media is pretty liberal. The scenes i've seen of police brutality seems kind of edited and incomplete, just showing some poor slob being crushed under the weight of the whole division after a 3 hour car chase down the 405.

Not that I nessesarily disagree with liberal mindsets but when it skews people into thinking what the programming director wants them to think- I change the channel. Same with the conservatives.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by locknid View Post
    ahh stupid people are great.
    Lock~
    Stupid = Job Security in my opinion.

Be safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    We all have some of those horror stories.

#1. When I worked on a HUD Security contract, we had a guy speed through the apt complex recklessly while little kids were runnning and playing all over the place. My partner and I simply asked the guy to slow down as he was getting out of his car, and he apologised and said "ok". Then his "boys" started ragging on him and he turn around and started talking smack. It was the HUD account, so of course we have 8 S/Os on duty, next thing you know the other 6 guys and girls on our shift show up, then people start coming out of apartments like roachs running from light.

Turns out this guy is the grandson of "the Vice President of the resident's association" (big whoop lady, you're on Section 8 like everyone else here.....) and here she comes asking for our names. I wanted to tell her soooo badly that it was her excuse making for the boy that contriubted to the fact that he was a crack head, but i like my job so i didn't . Dallas Pd showed and it all blew over, but it was irritating.

#2. The very 1st Domestic I ever responded to as a police officer was the one where i got a lamp thrown at me. The little town had 2 trailer parks, and in both of them we'd get repeat domestic calls. The 1st one I go on the Chief is already there beofre my FTO and I arrive (REAL small town, 8 cops total, I was the only "person of color" on the whole force ).

The lady called us, but she "just wanted us to scare him a little" and when the Chief hooks him up for Family violence assault, she throws the lamp at him......as I was passing in front of her to take control of the prisoner (my FTO was watching her, but got distracted by the back door slamming, it was the ladies kids coming home from school).

#3. Another memorable one was when this guy walk on to campus screaming with his face covered in red dye. Turns out he'd been sprayed but a S/O at the Greyhound station a couple blocks over from my college. Of course he lied and said some random dude did it, so we get the guy and walk him down to the PD (our office is in the basement student center) so he can wash his eyes out at our eye-wash station (and so I can make a call seeing if Dallas PD or anyone is looking for someone who just got sprayed ).

While passing threw the Student Center with this guy who was not in handcuffs, this one ES (our code for "Eternal Student", 28 year old guy whose done wayyyy more than 2 years at our 2 year college lol) decides to stand up and shout "see, there they go harrassing another innocent black man".

My partner and the Lt took the guy into the PD, but I couldn't resist. i went back out to the Stundet center and walked up to the ES, who suddenly wasn't quite so talkative now that i was standing in front of him. I let him and his homies know that we were helping the guy, he got sprayed by someone else and that it's a good idea to not make assumptions about things you don't know about. That got a chuckle from others in the student center, and the ES look like he wanted to crawl under a rock. All's well that ends well.

---

People are prejudiced. They want to believe that someone in a uniform is a "fascist" or whatever, and anything they see they will interpret in a way that suits their prejudice. Just gotta learn to live with it.

Leave a comment:

• locknid
    replied
    I have had many instances where family or friends try to interfere with an arrest. Most often times I just grab on to the prisoner, start moving out of the area, repeat commands for the people to back away, if they don't i pull out the trusty OC and that usually makes them back off. I too don't know how many times "witnesses" claim we arrested the person for no reason or that we are always harrassing people for no reason. Most of the time these people don't even realize that here in AZ any private person can make actual arrests for almost anything. This also leads to a lot of resisting suspects because they too don't know we can legally arrest them. ahh stupid people are great.

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Hmm, I was thinking it was fairly big stick, LOL. But yeah anything close to the eyes is BAD, very bad...

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog View Post
    Its definately Felony battery on a licensed security officer. But agg battery is a stretch. Unless the stick was considered a deadly weapon or the security officer was seriously injured.

My friend, you are completely correct. I neglected to write that it him in the face near his eye! My apologies!

Be safe,
    Hank

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    Sure~
    My zone partner observed a B/F get out of a minivan occupied by 4 W/Ms. The female went right up to a suspected drug unit. While she was at the door , he witnessed the exchange. He called for back up on a possible drug deal and LE for 5 trespass warnings. I was about 1 mile away and I notified dispatch show me en route. As I was arriving on scene, the mini van sped off almost striking my partner. Observing this, I followed the vehicle to confirm the tag number. My partner was left with the female as was following the van. As I returned back to the scene, he was pursuing the female on foot. My partner advised (via radio) that the female had a small styrofoam cup with some alcohol in it and threw the contents of the cup at him. Initially, he did not know what was in the cup, so when she made the move to toss it at him, he jumped out of the way. In his attempt to move, she picked up a small stick and hit him with it (threw). She then ran, he pursued and I assisted by detaining her. He did have some wet areas on his upper body (shirt) where the liquid hit him. People in cars drove by and yelled out that CIS had no right taking the female into custody because she "did nothing wrong and CIS is always harassing is ("N" bombs)!" These so called witnesses where not at the scene at time of contact. Numerous Deputies arrived on scene and put a BOLO on the van (no luck). We attempted contact at the drug unit (no answer). Subject arrested and charged ( crack paraphenalia/agg. batt). All of those "witnesses" did not stay long enough to write a witness statement.

Be safe,

Hank
    Its definately Felony battery on a licensed security officer. But agg battery is a stretch. Unless the stick was considered a deadly weapon or the security officer was seriously injured.
    Last edited by bigdog; 09-07-2007, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog View Post
    can you tell us more about the incident?
    Sure~
    My zone partner observed a B/F get out of a minivan occupied by 4 W/Ms. The female went right up to a suspected drug unit. While she was at the door , he witnessed the exchange. He called for back up on a possible drug deal and LE for 5 trespass warnings. I was about 1 mile away and I notified dispatch show me enroute. As I was arriving on scene, the mini van sped off almost stiking my partner. Observing this, I followed the vehicle to confirm the tag number. My partner was left with the female as was following the van. As I retuned back to the scene, he was pursuing the female on foot. My partner advised (via radio) that the female had a small styrofoam cup with some alcohol in it and threw the contents of the cup at him. Initially, he did not know what was in the cup, so when she made the move to toss it at him, he jumped out of the way. In his attempt to move, she picked up a small stick and hit him with it (threw). She then ran, he pursued and I assisted by detaining her. He did have some wet areas on his upper body (shirt) where the liquid hit him. People in cars drove by and yelled out that CIS had no right taking the female into custody because she "did nothing wrong and CIS is always harassing is ("N" bombs)!" These so called witnesses where not at the scene at time of contact. Numerous Deputies arrived on scene and put a BOLO on the van (no luck). We attempted contact at the drug unit (no answer). Subject arrested and charged ( crack paraphenalia/agg. batt). All of those "witnesses" did not stay long enough to write a witness statement.

Be safe,

Hank
    Last edited by Hank1; 09-07-2007, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    In one instance, a aggravated battery ocurred on my partner where a foot pursuit ensued. We apprehended the female approximately 30 yards from the scene and detained her until Deputies arrived on scene. When LE arrived, there were "witnesses" to the incident where the suspect "did nothing wrong, CIS just cuffed her for no reason!" She was one of the very first people who was detained by a CIS Officer on the enhanced penalty for "Battery on a Licensed Security Officer".

Be safe,

Hank
    can you tell us more about the incident?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyJ View Post
    Hotel,

The last thing you want is for units to wreck coming to your aid. Once I had the individual in handcuffs, the situation didn't require a Code 3 response. I still needed a few units, just not the number and the urgency that I needed when I was struggling to handcuff the subject.
    I've heard of too many LEOs crashing into poles or other things on the side of the road running code. You really want to slow others down, public or private, once you're OK.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyJ
    replied
    Valley,

I grew up in Eugene, Oregon.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X