X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
    Not a problem, I can multiply and divide too! So if you are ever in a jam, feel free to ask.
    LOL! Thank you sir! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    Thank you for the math!
    Not a problem, I can multiply and divide too! So if you are ever in a jam, feel free to ask.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Yep! County assistance will consider your rent reduction a compensation, as well, and pay less money.
    Without the vaseline..........

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    And if you get sick or injured do you become sick or injured AND homeless?
    Yep! County assistance will consider your rent reduction a compensation, as well, and pay less money.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    And if you get sick or injured do you become sick or injured AND homeless?

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Its really pretty simple. If they offer 1/2 priced rent on a $700.00 apartment, your compensation is $350.00 month.

If that involves 60 hrs. a month of your time, you make $5.83 an hour.

That just doesn't make a lot of sense!
    Thank you for the math!

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    One one way or another, you will pay! Is anything ever free or reduced when it pertains to this scenario? I would have to say probably not!
    Its really pretty simple. If they offer 1/2 priced rent on a $700.00 apartment, your compensation is $350.00 month.

If that involves 60 hrs. a month of your time, you make $5.83 an hour.

That just doesn't make a lot of sense!

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Exactly,

Every time I looked at a free or reduced rent in exchange for services deal, it turned out that it wasn't a deal at all.
    One one way or another, you will pay! Is anything ever free or reduced when it pertains to this scenario? I would have to say probably not!

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Actually, I just realized that.

You're now working TWO jobs. One during the day or night, to make the money to pay for rent, utilities, gas, food, and life.

The second job with no income, to get half your rent off!

If I work two jobs, they both better pay.
    Exactly,

Every time I looked at a free or reduced rent in exchange for services deal, it turned out that it wasn't a deal at all.

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    I don't know about California law, but in a number of states (most?) a private business can hire in-house security officers with out having any sort of license. They could even hire armed officers in a number of states (including mine) the security officer would only need to obtain a permit to carry a pistol.

Leave a comment:

• craig333
    replied
    Not the rent deal I would worry about being illegal, its who has the PPO? Who's carrying the insurance? I can't just put on a hat that says security and go hire myself out just because i have a guard card.

Leave a comment:

• ddog
    replied
    Originally posted by locknid View Post
    yeah CIS knows how to work things. with my company though you have to be able to articulate over the radio what the situation is or else they won't even begin to call pd or send any extra units your way. i learned very quickly what to say and how to get it out fast so I could go back to kickin some butt knowing I have backup right around the corner.
    That would be tough where I live. Two to three hours is a good response time for Sheriffs in my county (for non-911 calls), if they respond at all. And then sometimes, you see 20 or more cruisers around one house in a neighborhood, with only two civilians standing in the front yard: not in cuffs, arrest, or constrained in any way.

You must have an excellent cardiovascular system and disciplined in martial arts like Ranger Walker on tv to do that in my county. And then after you settle the matter by your self, one LE officer must give the 'all clear' signal, so 20 more cruisers can accumulate around the scene for the illusion that they are doing something useful.

I am not being facetious: this is clearly visible historical evidence noted from living in my neighborhood (mostly home owner reisidents) for almost 7 years now. Sheriffs here tell you that they just 'want' murder and burgalry cases which they never solve: period. And they will tell you that when they explain how they cannot enforce the law because they will not even look at evidence (right in front of them!), complain about how Homeland Security has more funding than they do, or some other weak excuse for not enforcing the law.

Don't know where you live/work at, but you are very lucky.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Actually, I just realized that.

You're now working TWO jobs. One during the day or night, to make the money to pay for rent, utilities, gas, food, and life.

The second job with no income, to get half your rent off!

If I work two jobs, they both better pay.

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    1/2 off rent to work security at an apartment is not a good deal.

The rent should be free with some pay on top of it, depending on how many hours you are required to work per month.

A garage for your vehicle is a necessity! It will get vandalized without a garage.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by locknid View Post
    yeah CIS knows how to work things. with my company though you have to be able to articulate over the radio what the situation is or else they won't even begin to call pd or send any extra units your way. i learned very quickly what to say and how to get it out fast so I could go back to kickin some butt knowing I have backup right around the corner.
    I agree that you have to go into detail when requesting LE! Local Agencies will not send any one unless they have as much information as possible. Which can be upsetting, since our dispatchers can be a pain when they want the subject(s) blood type and color of his draws........

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X