Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security guard fires shot during altercation(two guards arrested)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    We all know blood and death are what sells papers.....

Leave a comment:

• ValleyOne

• ValleyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    When police arrived on the scene, they saw a man fighting with a security guard in the street. During the fight, police say a second security guard fired a handgun in the direction of the two men fighting.
    WTF?!?

Tempting to let my thoughts flow onto my keyboard, but we will just have to wait this one out. Granted the media might just forget about the whole story and move to the next house fire, fatal car accident, high speed pursuit, or whatever.

Sometimes the media is like a kid with ADHD and a camera...

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by locknid View Post
    I know I don't know the specifics of the situation but some things strike me as odd. First, there was at least one armed guard and then another guard that was most likely armed also. That makes two armed guards vs. one suspect. It doesn't say if the guy was armed or not but lets just say he wasn't because it doesn't say so.

So the guards have the guy out gunned, outmanned, and the one guard is simply in a fight with the subject, so the second guard fires at the subject who is probably very close to the other guard, and then misses.

The guard who shot should be charged with agg assualt and every other charge possible for shooting at a guy fighting with his partner. Man up and go hands on with the dude.

Shouldn't we wait till all the facts are in before throwing one of our own to the lions?

The fact that the security officers involved were not arrested should at least justify gving them the benefit of the doubt.
    Minneapolis Security
    Last edited by Minneapolis Security; 09-09-2007, 06:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDunnit?

• WhoDunnit?
    replied
    Wow, this happened about 1 mile from where I work but yet I heard nothing about it until now. Our news sucks. I didn't even know we had apt. complexes with armed guards here in Norman, but once again news to me. Sounds like the woman who fired should find another job or grow some balls

Leave a comment:

• dsoul27
    replied
    ^^^^^ yep, I somewhat agree. if the guy has know weapon and wants to wrestle with me for doing my job, im gonna have to get down and dirty. if anything this guard should of used oc or maybe a baton. some people are just trigger happy.

Again I don't know the story, just responding with the information I read, I didnt read this suspect had a weapon.

Leave a comment:

• locknid
    replied
    I know I don't know the specifics of the situation but some things strike me as odd. First, there was at least one armed guard and then another guard that was most likely armed also. That makes two armed guards vs. one suspect. It doesn't say if the guy was armed or not but lets just say he wasn't because it doesn't say so.

So the guards have the guy out gunned, outmanned, and the one guard is simply in a fight with the subject, so the second guard fires at the subject who is probably very close to the other guard, and then misses.

The guard who shot should be charged with agg assualt and every other charge possible for shooting at a guy fighting with his partner. Man up and go hands on with the dude.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    sorry, a friend sent me link, in email just copied and pasted what he put in title

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Two guards were detained, but it says the shooter (guard) was not arrested.

Please modify the title as it does not seem to fit what the article actually said.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Jessee

• Ron Jessee
    replied
    sounds like a nice mess none of wishes to be part of. I love how the media can find just enough information to peak interest, but never enough for anything to make a lick of sense.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce

• Security guard fires shot during altercation(two guards arrested)

ET

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - A security guard at an east Norman apartment complex fired a shot at a suspect during an altercation early this morning, but police say no one was injured.

The incident happened about 1:10 this morning at the Dutch Hollow Apartments in southeast Norman.

When police arrived on the scene, they saw a man fighting with a security guard in the street. During the fight, police say a second security guard fired a handgun in the direction of the two men fighting.

Norman police broke up the fight and detained four people, including the two security guards.

They arrested 21-year-old Lelis Record of Norman on complaints of disturbing the peace and public intoxication.

The security guard who fired her weapon was not arrested, but police say the incident remains under investigation.

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=7017417
    UtahProtectionForce
    Last edited by UtahProtectionForce; 09-02-2007, 06:00 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X