Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security guard fires shot during altercation(two guards arrested)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security guard fires shot during altercation(two guards arrested)

ET

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - A security guard at an east Norman apartment complex fired a shot at a suspect during an altercation early this morning, but police say no one was injured.

The incident happened about 1:10 this morning at the Dutch Hollow Apartments in southeast Norman.

When police arrived on the scene, they saw a man fighting with a security guard in the street. During the fight, police say a second security guard fired a handgun in the direction of the two men fighting.

Norman police broke up the fight and detained four people, including the two security guards.

They arrested 21-year-old Lelis Record of Norman on complaints of disturbing the peace and public intoxication.

The security guard who fired her weapon was not arrested, but police say the incident remains under investigation.

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=7017417
    Last edited by UtahProtectionForce; 09-02-2007, 06:00 PM.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

sounds like a nice mess none of wishes to be part of. I love how the media can find just enough information to peak interest, but never enough for anything to make a lick of sense.
    sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Two guards were detained, but it says the shooter (guard) was not arrested.

Please modify the title as it does not seem to fit what the article actually said.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

sorry, a friend sent me link, in email just copied and pasted what he put in title
        Its not how we die that counts.....
        Its not how we lived that counts....
        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I know I don't know the specifics of the situation but some things strike me as odd. First, there was at least one armed guard and then another guard that was most likely armed also. That makes two armed guards vs. one suspect. It doesn't say if the guy was armed or not but lets just say he wasn't because it doesn't say so.

So the guards have the guy out gunned, outmanned, and the one guard is simply in a fight with the subject, so the second guard fires at the subject who is probably very close to the other guard, and then misses.

The guard who shot should be charged with agg assualt and every other charge possible for shooting at a guy fighting with his partner. Man up and go hands on with the dude.

Comment

^^^^^ yep, I somewhat agree. if the guy has know weapon and wants to wrestle with me for doing my job, im gonna have to get down and dirty. if anything this guard should of used oc or maybe a baton. some people are just trigger happy.

Again I don't know the story, just responding with the information I read, I didnt read this suspect had a weapon.

Comment

Wow, this happened about 1 mile from where I work but yet I heard nothing about it until now. Our news sucks. I didn't even know we had apt. complexes with armed guards here in Norman, but once again news to me. Sounds like the woman who fired should find another job or grow some balls

Comment

Originally posted by locknid View Post
                I know I don't know the specifics of the situation but some things strike me as odd. First, there was at least one armed guard and then another guard that was most likely armed also. That makes two armed guards vs. one suspect. It doesn't say if the guy was armed or not but lets just say he wasn't because it doesn't say so.

So the guards have the guy out gunned, outmanned, and the one guard is simply in a fight with the subject, so the second guard fires at the subject who is probably very close to the other guard, and then misses.

The guard who shot should be charged with agg assualt and every other charge possible for shooting at a guy fighting with his partner. Man up and go hands on with the dude.

Shouldn't we wait till all the facts are in before throwing one of our own to the lions?

The fact that the security officers involved were not arrested should at least justify gving them the benefit of the doubt.
                Last edited by Minneapolis Security; 09-09-2007, 06:03 AM.
                ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
                  When police arrived on the scene, they saw a man fighting with a security guard in the street. During the fight, police say a second security guard fired a handgun in the direction of the two men fighting.
                  WTF?!?

Tempting to let my thoughts flow onto my keyboard, but we will just have to wait this one out. Granted the media might just forget about the whole story and move to the next house fire, fatal car accident, high speed pursuit, or whatever.

Sometimes the media is like a kid with ADHD and a camera...
                  ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                  Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

We all know blood and death are what sells papers.....
                    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X