No announcement yet.

What age where you when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started working security at nightclubs from the ages of 18 to 21. Then worked in other industries for a while and got back into nightclub security on the management side at 24. I did that for several years and then moved to hospital security as a regular Officer, before being promoted into management. With all of that I have never held a state license because all of my jobs were in-house.
    Drew Neckar
    Hospital Security Supervisor
    ---------------------------------------------------

Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much.
    --Oscar Wilde—

Comment

19 - Nightclub
      Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

21, Hospital Security and Shreveport Police

Comment

24 - Working at a trucking company.

Comment

Started on my 18th birthday. First post was an INS contract guarding a russian vessel in port.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

19, in Vancouver B.C bus/train station, was all kindsa fun.
              I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

I was a late bloomer in this industry. I began my career at 30 years of age!

Be safe,

Hank
                " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Did a 6 month stit at a chemical plant when I was 36. Went back to the Fire Department for a few months then returned to the security company a few months later. Been at my current job for a couple of years except for a short try at being a 911 dispatcher last Xmas. I'm 39 yo now.
                  Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                    Did a 6 month stit at a chemical plant when I was 36. Went back to the Fire Department for a few months then returned to the security company a few months later. Been at my current job for a couple of years except for a short try at being a 911 dispatcher last Xmas. I'm 39 yo now.
                    911 dispatcher? I bet you have some war stories there.......
                    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I was 18 years old working security at Armstrong High School in Plymouth, MN.
                      Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

I was 17 and worked in a bar collecting glasses (legal age is 18 so should not have been working in there). 1 night I was asked to work the front door with 3 guys and loved it. Better money, better conditions and easier work. All I needed was black pants, white shirt and that was it. No more beer smells or stale wine over my clothes going home. At 18 I found out about site work and loved it as it was longer shifts, more dollars, safer and easier work without dealing with drunks and people fighting.

Now at 38 (woohoo red sportscar in 2 years) I thought this p/time job would be just that p/t and I have clocked up 20 years now ......... *sigh*.
                        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

What goes round comes round

I was 19 years old, working security in a grocery store, but through twists and turns of fate I kept moving up the security ladder until I got into police work, which I retired from at the end of 2006.

Now starting back in security quite a bit older and a little wiser.

Comment

17 yoa- In house Regional Loss Prevention Manager
                            18 yoa- Municipal Park Ranger (armed)
                            21 yoa and up

State Investigator III
                            Securitas Armed Lead Officer (AK STATE LIC)
                            Independent Security Consultant
                            Alarm systems tech

Currently LP manager for large sporting goods chain.
                            We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
                            -George Orwell

Comment

18 years old- Hospital Security
                              19 years old-Loss Prevention
                              20 years old-building Security
                              Last edited by bigcollins25; 12-24-2007, 09:59 PM.

Comment

24 years old in an apartment complex.
                                "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X