Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Services, Inc.

http://www.courtservices.org/

Anyone know anything about this company?

They claim to be able to transport prisoners all over the country, and carry firearms.

What authority would they have to carry in all 50 states?
    ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post

They claim to be able to transport prisoners all over the country, and carry firearms.

You know, these companies are killing me with there "merchandise" sales.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
      You know, these companies are killing me with there "merchandise" sales.
      Ya, its a little ridiculous. I see these mom and pop bars that are trying to sell $35.00 Hanes sweatshirts with their name on it also. I wonder if anyone ever buys this stuff?
      ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Armed transport companies have reciprocity in all 50 states under some federal law passed in the 90's.

Comment

I do not know anything about outfits like this. I would imagine they have the same / similar authority as a Bounty Hunter to transport under Federal Law????

Be safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Found the law.

UNITED STATES CODE ANNOTATED
            TITLE 15. COMMERCE AND TRADE
            CHAPTER 85--ARMORED CAR INDUSTRY RECIPROCITY
            s 5901. Findings

Congress finds that--

(1) the distribution of goods and services to consumers in the United States requires the free flow of currency, bullion, securities, food stamps, and other items of unusual value in interstate commerce;

(2) the armored car industry transports and protects such items in interstate commerce, including daily transportation of currency and food stamps valued at more than $1,000,000,000;

(3) armored car crew members are often subject to armed attack by individuals attempting to steal such items;

(4) to protect themselves and the items they transport, such crew members are armed with weapons;

(5) various States require both weapons training and a criminal record background check before licensing a crew member to carry a weapon; and

(6) there is a need for each State to reciprocally accept weapons licenses of other States for armored car crew members to assure the free and safe transport of valuable items in interstate commerce.
            s 5902. State reciprocity of weapons licenses issued to armored car company crew members

(a) In general

If an armored car crew member employed by an armored car company--

(1) has in effect a license issued by the appropriate State agency (in the State in which such member is primarily employed by such company) to carry a weapon while acting in the services of such company in that State, and such State agency meets the minimum requirements under subsection (b); and

(2) has met all other applicable requirements to act as an armored car crew member in the State in which such member is primarily employed by such company,
            then such crew member shall be entitled to lawfully carry any weapon to which such license relates and function as an armored car crew member in any State while such member is acting in the service of such company.

(b) Minimum State requirements

A State agency meets the minimum State requirements of this subsection if--

(1) in issuing an initial weapons license to an armored car crew member described in subsection (a), the agency determines to its satisfaction that--

(A) the crew member has received classroom and range training in weapons safety and marksmanship during the current year from a qualified instructor for each weapon that the crew member will be licensed to carry; and
            (B) the receipt or possession of a weapon by the crew member would not violate Federal law, determined on the basis of a criminal record background check conducted during the current year;

(2) in issuing a renewal of a weapons license to an armored car crew member described in subsection (a), the agency determines to its satisfaction that--

(A) the crew member has received continuing training in weapons safety and marksmanship from a qualified instructor for each weapon that the crew member is licensed to carry; and
            (B) the receipt or possession of a weapon by the crew member would not violate Federal law, as determined by the agency; and

(3) in issuing a weapons license under paragraph (1) or paragraph (2), as the case may be--

(A) the agency issues such license for a period not to exceed 2 years; or
            (B) the agency issues such license for a period not to exceed 5 years in the case of a State that enacted a State law before October 1, 1996, that provides for the issuance of an initial weapons license or a renewal of a weapons license, as the case may be, for a period not to exceed 5 years.

s 5903. Relation to other laws

This chapter shall supersede any provision of State law (or the law of any political subdivision of a State) that is inconsistent with this chapter.
            s 5904. Definitions

As used in this chapter:

(1) The term "armored car crew member" means an individual who provides protection for goods transported by an armored car company.

(2) The term "armored car company" means a company--

(A) subject to regulation under subchapter I of chapter 135 of Title 49; and
            (B) is [FN1] registered under chapter 139 of such title, in order to engage in the business of transporting and protecting currency, bullion, securities, precious metals, food stamps, and other articles of unusual value in interstate commerce.

(3) The term "State" means any State of the United States or the District of Columbia.

Comment

Originally posted by talon View Post
              UNITED STATES CODE ANNOTATED
              TITLE 15. COMMERCE AND TRADE
              CHAPTER 85--ARMORED CAR INDUSTRY RECIPROCITY
              s 5901. Findings

Congress finds that--

(1) the distribution of goods and services to consumers in the United States requires the free flow of currency, bullion, securities, food stamps, and other items of unusual value in interstate commerce;

(2) the armored car industry transports and protects such items in interstate commerce, including daily transportation of currency and food stamps valued at more than $1,000,000,000;

(3) armored car crew members are often subject to armed attack by individuals attempting to steal such items;

(4) to protect themselves and the items they transport, such crew members are armed with weapons;

(5) various States require both weapons training and a criminal record background check before licensing a crew member to carry a weapon; and

(6) there is a need for each State to reciprocally accept weapons licenses of other States for armored car crew members to assure the free and safe transport of valuable items in interstate commerce.
              s 5902. State reciprocity of weapons licenses issued to armored car company crew members

(a) In general

If an armored car crew member employed by an armored car company--

(1) has in effect a license issued by the appropriate State agency (in the State in which such member is primarily employed by such company) to carry a weapon while acting in the services of such company in that State, and such State agency meets the minimum requirements under subsection (b); and

(2) has met all other applicable requirements to act as an armored car crew member in the State in which such member is primarily employed by such company,
              then such crew member shall be entitled to lawfully carry any weapon to which such license relates and function as an armored car crew member in any State while such member is acting in the service of such company.

(b) Minimum State requirements

A State agency meets the minimum State requirements of this subsection if--

(1) in issuing an initial weapons license to an armored car crew member described in subsection (a), the agency determines to its satisfaction that--

(A) the crew member has received classroom and range training in weapons safety and marksmanship during the current year from a qualified instructor for each weapon that the crew member will be licensed to carry; and
              (B) the receipt or possession of a weapon by the crew member would not violate Federal law, determined on the basis of a criminal record background check conducted during the current year;

(2) in issuing a renewal of a weapons license to an armored car crew member described in subsection (a), the agency determines to its satisfaction that--

(A) the crew member has received continuing training in weapons safety and marksmanship from a qualified instructor for each weapon that the crew member is licensed to carry; and
              (B) the receipt or possession of a weapon by the crew member would not violate Federal law, as determined by the agency; and

(3) in issuing a weapons license under paragraph (1) or paragraph (2), as the case may be--

(A) the agency issues such license for a period not to exceed 2 years; or
              (B) the agency issues such license for a period not to exceed 5 years in the case of a State that enacted a State law before October 1, 1996, that provides for the issuance of an initial weapons license or a renewal of a weapons license, as the case may be, for a period not to exceed 5 years.

s 5903. Relation to other laws

This chapter shall supersede any provision of State law (or the law of any political subdivision of a State) that is inconsistent with this chapter.
              s 5904. Definitions

As used in this chapter:

(1) The term "armored car crew member" means an individual who provides protection for goods transported by an armored car company.

(2) The term "armored car company" means a company--

(A) subject to regulation under subchapter I of chapter 135 of Title 49; and
              (B) is [FN1] registered under chapter 139 of such title, in order to engage in the business of transporting and protecting currency, bullion, securities, precious metals, food stamps, and other articles of unusual value in interstate commerce.

(3) The term "State" means any State of the United States or the District of Columbia.

So it looks like armored car drivers are covered, but what about private persons transporting prisoners? I guess I would like to see if there is a federal law covering that subject.

Comment

Probably like that other prisoner transport company, they glean their 'authoritah' from Title 18 of the US Code, section 3182.

"Whenever the executive authority of any State or Territory
                demands any person as a fugitive from justice, of the executive
                authority of any State, District, or Territory to which such person
                has fled, and produces a copy of an indictment found or an
                affidavit made before a magistrate of any State or Territory,
                charging the person demanded with having committed treason, felony,
                or other crime, certified as authentic by the governor or chief
                magistrate of the State or Territory from whence the person so
                charged has fled, the executive authority of the State, District,
                or Territory to which such person has fled shall cause him to be
                arrested and secured, and notify the executive authority making
                such demand, or the agent of such authority appointed to receive
                the fugitive, and shall cause the fugitive to be delivered to such
                agent when he shall appear. If no such agent appears within thirty
                days from the time of the arrest, the prisoner may be discharged."

Comment

Ya, its a little ridiculous. I see these mom and pop bars that are trying to sell $35.00 Hanes sweatshirts with their name on it also. I wonder if anyone ever buys this stuff?
                  The bars/clubs I could see... especially if you're a regular there. Take Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters for instance. Even though it's not really apples to apples, it somewhat still applies here. If it's you're favoirite place, or are a shirt collector..it works. However, security company shirts? That's just abit much, I mean think about it.. people get police uniforms and impersonate. Most states don't have a law against impersonating security. So Johnny Dumbass could purchase one these "shirts", and go to an apartment complex that they "service" knock on young college girls door with "ABC SECURITY, we're here for a complaint".
                  "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
                    Probably like that other prisoner transport company, they glean their 'authoritah' from Title 18 of the US Code, section 3182.

"Whenever the executive authority of any State or Territory
                    demands any person as a fugitive from justice, of the executive
                    authority of any State, District, or Territory to which such person
                    has fled, and produces a copy of an indictment found or an
                    affidavit made before a magistrate of any State or Territory,
                    charging the person demanded with having committed treason, felony,
                    or other crime, certified as authentic by the governor or chief
                    magistrate of the State or Territory from whence the person so
                    charged has fled, the executive authority of the State, District,
                    or Territory to which such person has fled shall cause him to be
                    arrested and secured, and notify the executive authority making
                    such demand, or the agent of such authority appointed to receive
                    the fugitive, and shall cause the fugitive to be delivered to such
                    agent when he shall appear. If no such agent appears within thirty
                    days from the time of the arrest, the prisoner may be discharged."

I must not be seeing it, where does it say they have the 'authoritah' to pack heat in all 50 states?

Comment

I must not be seeing it, where does it say they have the 'authoritah' to pack heat in all 50 states?
                      Would it be assumed that transport personell are armed?
                      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                        Would it be assumed that transport personell are armed?
                        I would think it would be assumed that security personnel are armed as well, but you know assumptions are the mother of all f***ups!

Comment

While working at the State prison we regularly had these extradition officers and their vehicle at our facility. They were armed, pistol and shotgun, and traveled cross country. We never hand any problems with them at our prison.
                          Sometimes bad things happen like prisoners getting burned alive in van fires or extradition officers getting taken hostage by their prisoners->
                          http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=863 .
                          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                            While working at the State prison we regularly had these extradition officers and their vehicle at our facility. They were armed, pistol and shotgun, and traveled cross country. We never hand any problems with them at our prison.
                            Sometimes bad things happen like prisoners getting burned alive in van fires or extradition officers getting taken hostage by their prisoners->
                            http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=863 .
                            That article is how i stumbled on to this Court Sevices Inc. website.

Comment

I would think it would be assumed that security personnel are armed as well, but you know assumptions are the mother of all f***ups!
                              Good point.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X