Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... Hispanic dances/parties... (And the things that follow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... Hispanic dances/parties... (And the things that follow)

So my partner and I worked a hispanic dance last night. Not a big deal, as we've done them before, and never had a problem. Great people, fun parties, etc. Last night's was no different. At least, until the end...

Party ended at 1:30, people started flooding out. The families/adults headed to their cars and left, and the teenagers flocked outside to wait for their rides home. My partner and I were just inside the door making sure nobody was trying to sneak any alcohol out, when I noticed that the teens seemed to be flocking into a large group... We went out to investigate..

In a matter of about 10 seconds, the happy, laughing group turned into an all-out brawl.. We radioed for massive backup, (as we were dealing with 30-40 of them), and joined in the 'fun'.. 2 of our patrol units actually got there first to help out, followed shortly thereafter by no less than 20 cops...

In the end, a couple got free rides to the big grey hotel, and the rest were kicked loose to their parents... A couple of them had minor injuries, but that was it... I'm kinda disappointed though.. After throwing as many people around as I had to, I don't have any battle scars to show for it.. ROFL!

Anyone else have an exciting night?
    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
    Originally posted by ValleyOne
    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
    Shoulda called in sick.
    Be safe!

Here in Tampa, we have a Apartment Complex across the street from a well known Latin club. When the club runs out of parking spaces, the club-goers use our resident's parking spaces, park on the grass and block resident vehicles. Before going in and after leaving they loiter, drink and smoke the green leafy substance. Play loud music from their parked vehicles and create a disturbance. We trespass them, tow vehicles and arrest those that require arresting. Any fights or other disturbances almost always end up on our property. But, it is a ongoing problem here and has been for quite some time. Tampa Police Officers are very cooperative in this regard.

Be safe,

Hank
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

The garage of the hotel gas a valet service. Ir is managed by an outside company. I have no authority over them. Last night there was a wedding in one of the banquet salons. At the end of the wedding people started going down to the garage to get their cars. 3 times in 2 hours mini piots broke out. Apparently when they arrived & left their car keys with the Doorman someone falsely told them that the parking was free. To make matters worse, the claim tickets they were giving have a misprint on them, they are marked PayƩ-Paid.

When the guests got to the garage they refused to pay. A woman reached into the bnoth & managed to grab a handfull of tickets. The garage staff shut the doors & called the police. There were about 15 people involved.

An announcement was made uop in the banquet hall explaining the mistake. It didn't help, 2 more mini riots broke out. I was there for the 3rd one. I got hell from the people for something that was not in my control. (I have no authority to order the private garage to do anything). Then I got hell from people with kids who were delayed leaving. To top it off the police gave me hell because I was the senior hotel offical on the scene
      Last edited by HotelSecurity; 08-26-2007, 03:34 PM.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
        Here in Tampa, we have a Apartment Complex across the street from a well known Latin club. When the club runs out of parking spaces, the club-goers use our resident's parking spaces, park on the grass and block resident vehicles. Before going in and after leaving they loiter, drink and smoke the green leafy substance. Play loud music from their parked vehicles and create a disturbance. We trespass them, tow vehicles and arrest those that require arresting. Any fights or other disturbances almost always end up on our property. But, it is a ongoing problem here and has been for quite some time. Tampa Police Officers are very cooperative in this regard.

Be safe,

Hank
        I would like to add that I am not singling out the Latin community. If it were a Goth club, Rock club or any other type, these issues would still be there. I did not want to offend any Latin persons in this forum who felt I am picking on Latin people only.
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post

Be safe,

Hank
          Can't really see why this should be an "ongoing problem" - especially for an outfit like yours that specializes in secure residential communities.

With all due respect, what you're doing now doesn't seem to be serving the residential community very well.
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 08-26-2007, 11:39 PM.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Try not to laugh too hard (and ultimately fall off your seat), but it has become fairly common practice here that where there's a build up of loiterers (in a public place) a PA system playing old folk style OR classical music is employed, as such music is considered offensive by many a youth (with more modern tastes)

If you will an electronic pest repellent LMAO
            "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
              Can't really see why this should be an "ongoing problem" - especially for an outfit like yours that specializes in secure residential communities.

With all due respect, what you're doing now doesn't seem to be serving the residential community very well.
              The most they can do in Florida is:

1. Detain them if they threaten the life or safety of someone AND the offense is a felony.
              2. Call the police who may or may not show up.
              3. Tell them to leave. Without a police officer present, no trespass warning is legally issued according to the police.

They cannot, under FSS 493, remove them by force or otherwise eject them.

Now, unless the property management wants to put up bigger fences, etc, what else can be done?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post

No offense taken Trainer. The biggest problem we are having is property management. The property is managed by hispanic Management/maintenance. Coinsidence? Possibly not. And as Nathan noted, we can do just so much........The stars have to in alignment lol.
                Last edited by Hank1; 08-27-2007, 04:19 AM.

Comment

The most enjoyable time of my day was getting called a snitch by one of my, soon to be ex, co-workers.
                  Todd

Comment

i would have to say i love working hispanic partys because they always feed me. the only down side is the music makes my head hurt LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                      The most they can do in Florida is:

1. Detain them if they threaten the life or safety of someone AND the offense is a felony.
                      2. Call the police who may or may not show up.
                      3. Tell them to leave. Without a police officer present, no trespass warning is legally issued according to the police.

They cannot, under FSS 493, remove them by force or otherwise eject them.

Now, unless the property management wants to put up bigger fences, etc, what else can be done?
                      It begs the question, how can this outfit clean up gang and crime infested communities when state law has them so limited in their powers.

The only thing that I can think of is that the gangsters and criminal element has never been really that smart. They probably think the CIS guys have way more authority than they actually do. It seems to me that if the gangs were versed in Florida law, the CIS guys would be put at a big disadvantage.

I remember reading something once where something like 97% of security officers had overstepped their authority by doing something that wasn't legal. The article said that the main thing that kept these officers and their employers out of court was the fact that as clueless as security officers were when it came to legal matters, the general public was even more clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                        Try not to laugh too hard (and ultimately fall off your seat), but it has become fairly common practice here that where there's a build up of loiterers (in a public place) a PA system playing old folk style OR classical music is employed, as such music is considered offensive by many a youth (with more modern tastes)

If you will an electronic pest repellent LMAO

I have read that a type of lighting that makes acne "stand out" is also used and works.
                        Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                          It begs the question, how can this outfit clean up gang and crime infested communities when state law has them so limited in their powers.

The only thing that I can think of is that the gangsters and criminal element has never been really that smart. They probably think the CIS guys have way more authority than they actually do. It seems to me that if the gangs were versed in Florida law, the CIS guys would be put at a big disadvantage.

I remember reading something once where something like 97% of security officers had overstepped their authority by doing something that wasn't legal. The article said that the main thing that kept these officers and their employers out of court was the fact that as clueless as security officers were when it came to legal matters, the general public was even more clueless.
                          In Florida, I would wager that the amount that people "don't know the law" goes even as far as the state itself. Licensed guard schools teach that you can remove trespassers by force. Too bad that's a criminal violation of the law.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

This type of "culture" is always coming around at my work. Most of them we are sure are illegals. Others have work permits and drag along the "extra" help. They tend to gather in large groups out at the far end of the parking lot. And they consist of all ages. When they start this loud gathering stuff or start turning the place into a party center we call the Patrol Captain for back up (come October 1st that will no longer be possible) and then try to determine if verbal persuasion will work or not with two armed officers present. If not we call the state and they come rolling in out of the wood work. What is a bummer that the state can't touch them unless they make an offense or violation in regards to state or local laws. The feds will not bother coming out unless they are in the area. So most of these people walk. Those that get arrested end up walking later because they get bailed out by their buddies. We must see close to a thousand a month come threw here. IMHO weather legal or not I believe some of them know the law pretty well and use their "culture" as an excuse to do what they do.
                            My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                              In Florida, I would wager that the amount that people "don't know the law" goes even as far as the state itself. Licensed guard schools teach that you can remove trespassers by force. Too bad that's a criminal violation of the law.
                              That reminds me there is a new draft of the detention by licensed security officers bill in the fl senate. Ill start another thread on it.
                              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X