Date or Marry Someone in any branch of Law Enforcement?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • izeneers
    • Aug 2007

Date or Marry Someone in any branch of Law Enforcement?

...such as a cop, security guard, judge, lawyer? How about anyone who might have once been married to or had dated the same?
    Now, think very carefully about this.
    Let's look at this from a man's perspective first, as a woman seems to have all the power in cases of domestic violence (DV) anyway, when the law is called.
    Now, I am sure there are some cool, collected female officers out there, and there are many guys with a girlfriend/wife who is the love of his life. Of this I have no doubt. However, men, let us cultivate some much needed male-bonding for just a minute. Ladies, if the above disclaimer did not sate your desire to wack me, you are more than welcome to cuss me in a thread of your own...
    AN OFF-DUTY FEMALE POLICE OFFICER
    1) A female officer will be accustomed to fighting a man, and will know the legal particulars to some degree in DV cases. So in a verbal altercation with her husband or boyfriend, truly, who might take the first swing? It seems that more than several female security officers and police I have encountered are blessed with an over-abundance of testosterone. Oh, surely this is just my imagination...
    2) Who will answer the DV call in the case of the aforementioned off-duty female officer? Her buddies from work, maybe? From the time they enter the door, who might have the advantage, the female officer, or her boyfriend/husband?
    3) How will things go for this guy once he is taken to jail by her buddies from work, with the jailer a friend of hers, as well?
    4) Who will likely bear the bruises, cuts, etc. of a physical confrontation? If the guy has teeth missing, a black eye, etc, will it even matter in court?
    A FEMALE ATTORNEY
    In the case of a physical altercation with her boyfriend/husband...
    1) Who will "lawyer up" first? ROFLMAO (just after my female police officer girlfriend hit me over the head with her baton...nah, just kiddin' )
    2) Who will have the best and most contacts for legal council?
    3) Who will most likely be "thinking on their feet" in a physical confrontation?
    4) Again, who is most likely to initiate a violent, physical encounter in this scenario? Who will most likely win in court?
    A FEMALE JUDGE
    Should I even bother here?
    AN OFF-DUTY FEMALE SECURITY OFFICER
    1) On the average, just how much hand-to-hand combat training does a female security officer recieve? Will the likelihood that she will be the instigator of a violent confrontation INCREASE or DIMINISH correlating to the amount of hand-to-hand combat she has recieved?
    At one time, there was a sudden plethora of TV commercials depicting some woman punching some guy. I'm sure the target market was, of course, women. Remember when Hermione punched out Draco Malfoy in the movie, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"? Did that act give any of you ladies a thrill? How about you men? (Wait a minute...don't answer that, you male sickos...)
    Hey, remember "Xena, Warrior Princess"? How long was that show on the air, five years or so? Aren't the DVDs available now for Xena fans, heartbroken now since this show recieved the proverbial axe long ago? Do you think there might be a "chakhram" (a round-flying-razor-thingy used by Xena to neuter male warlords) tattooed on at least ONE female officer SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD? Maybe there was a chakhram discreetly placed in some nether region on that comely cutie. You know, the lady you tried, yet failed, to pick up in your local bar earlier tonight? The off-duty officer? Or was she a lawyer? Maybe this was just your luck, after all. Maybe not. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"..."Ultraviolet"..."Women Kickin' Some Guys A**". Could these stimuli be the true reason why DV has soared in this country, since your average woman might have been brainwashed into thinking that she can actually kick her man's butt if she'd just try? At the very least, she knows that she could wail on him, and, even though he knew better than to put even so much as a scratch on her, it would be himself, not her, who would wind up in jail that night, regardless. Especially if she is a hottie.
    There is a class conducted locally for women who have been, or fear to be, victims of DV. The nice lady with the multiple piercings and tattoos teaches them how to defend themselves. She describes to her hapless students how to wrap their arms tightly about their ribcage so as to physically ram into their significant-other assailant (or victim?) so as to escape a tense situation. These students are carefully schooled in local and federal laws governing matters of domestic violence. They are ready, man...armed to the teeth with knowledge that, in the wrong heads, might be turned to incredibly devious ends, be they so inclined. They are ready...but are you?
    I recently had the opportunity to date a female police officer...intelligent, funny, high moral standards, absolutely beautiful. She didn't seem to care about my age or vocation. For a short while, there, I truly felt as if God himself had smiled down on me. Then reality reared it's ugly head. I've answered various calls from teenage girls, accusing some cringing, whining guy of sexual harrassment. I have buddies who have some horrific stories to tell (which I may or may not get into later...). All this went through my mind recently as my new friend demonstrated (without asking beforehand...) a few hand-to-hand techniques (get your mind out of the gutter, please...) that she had learned at the Academy. Therefore, I respectfully, but wisely, I think, plan to decline on this prospect.
    If I have offended any lesbian officers out there, please accept my most humble apologies. For you see, this post is really not about you, although I'm sure at least a few of you women have your own chakhram tattoos, yet you harbor no hostile feelings towards male warlords, peasants, or whatever, in general...
    DEDICATED TO THE CREATION OF A FIRESTORM OF CONTROVERSY ON "SECURITYINFOWATCH.COM-YOUR FRIEND, IZENEERS... If you reply to this thread, please identify your gender...
    Last edited by izeneers; 08-23-2007, 10:29 PM.
  • BadBoynMD
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by izeneers
    ...such as a cop, security guard, judge, lawyer? How about anyone who might have once been married to or had dated the same?
    Now, think very carefully about this.
    Let's look at this from a man's perspective first, as a woman seems to have all the power in cases of domestic violence anyway, when the law is called.
    AN OFF-DUTY FEMALE POLICE OFFICER
    1) A female officer will be accustomed to fighting a man, and will know the legal particulars to some degree in DV cases. So in a verbal altercation with her husband or boyfriend, truly, who might take the first swing? It seems that more than several female security officers and police I have encountered are blessed with an over-abundance of testosterone.
    2) Who will answer the DV call in the case of the aforementioned off-duty female officer? Her buddies from work, maybe? From the time they enter the door, who might have the advantage, the female officer, or her boyfriend/husband?
    3) How will things go for this guy once he is taken to jail by her buddies from work?
    4) Who will likely bear the bruises, cuts, etc. of a physical confrontation? If the guy has teeth missing, a black eye, etc, will it even matter in court?
    A FEMALE ATTORNEY
    In the case of a physical altercation with her boyfriend/husband...
    1) Who will "lawyer up" first? ROFLMAO (just after my female police officer girlfriend hit me over the head with her baton...nah, just kiddin' )
    2) Who will have the best and most contacts for legal council?
    3) Who will most likely be "thinking on their feet" in a physical confrontation?
    4) Again, who is most likely to initiate a violent, physical encounter in this scenario? Who will most likely win in court?
    A FEMALE JUDGE
    Should I even bother here?
    AN OFF-DUTY FEMALE SECURITY OFFICER
    1) On the average, just how much hand-to-hand combat training does a female security officer recieve? Will the likelihood that she will be the instigator of a violent confrontation INCREASE or DIMINISH correlating to the amount of hand-to-hand combat she has recieved?
    At one time, there was a sudden plethora of TV commercials depicting some woman punching some guy. I'm sure the target market was, of course, women.
    Hey, remember "Xena, Warrior Princess"? How long was that show on the air, five years or so? Aren't the DVDs available now for Xena fans, heartbroken now since this show has long ago recieved the proverbial axe? "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"..."Ultraviolet"..."Women Kickin' Some Guys A**". Could these stimuli be the true reason why DV has soared in this country, since your average woman might have been brainwashed into thinking that she can actually kick her man's butt if she'd just try? At the very least, she could wail on him, and, even though he knew better than to put even so much as a scratch on her, it would be he who would wind up in jail that night???
    DEDICATED TO THE CREATION OF A FIRESTORM OF CONTROVERSY ON "SECURITYINFOWATCH.COM, YOUR FRIEND, IZENEERS... If you reply to this thread, please identify your gender...
    It's pretty simple, if you're armed. A domestic is a fast lane to getting that permit permanently revoked. The golden rule I was taught is, if it gets to the point where it gets heated, simply leave and go to a neighbors, or lock yourself in the car, and call the police. Identify yourself (armed security officer, PI..etc...). Then.. call your supervisor and notify them that you have called the police for an involved domestic. CYA, because who's to say your neighbor didn't call. Atleast you and the officers can see that "you" placed a call as well.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Steve354
      • Jan 2006

In a true case, I can tell you. I would come home after doing 16 hours starte walk in the door and every time cop this.

Oh it's you good there is this and that that needs doing.

Me I have just done 16 hours I'm going to shower then bed then go and do a other 16 hours.

Her I don't care you do this first then you can go to bed.

Now if I really open my mouth which I did I would cop the broom over the head or hit with something.

If called the police you know who would end up in the you know what (me)

Where is the law when men cop the hitting from the wife.???
      ]

Comment

• Hank1
        • Jul 2007

I was married to a Pinellas County Deputy Sheriff. I have been divorced for the past 3 years now!

Be safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

• Chucky
          • Jan 2007

My two cents.
          Attached Files
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

• izeneers
            • Aug 2007

Chucky! Stay frosty, man!!!

You know, it's a lot like what Eddie Murphy says: "You know, when da s**** break off, you be wipin' yo a** for five hours...

Comment

• izeneers
              • Aug 2007

Long Post

...sorry the post which started this thread is so long, guys. It's just I've seen so many injustices over quite a long period of time. As soon as my ranting and raving is over (yes, this will be soon...)I'll mellow on out just like the rest of you who have been here longer.

Comment

• Bill Warnock
                • Feb 2005

After women were allowed to become military and Air Force security police, I know of six enlisted sergents at White Sands Missile Range who were married to other MPs. In the Air Force, several couples were in the same security police squadrons.
                In civilian life, federal, state and local law enforcement that happens on a frequent basis.
                As for the issue of domestic battery, one or both could be suspended and ultimately out of law enforcement.
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill

Comment

• izeneers
                  • Aug 2007

interesting factoid, BW...

...that re-occuring domestic situations do not bode well for law enforcement personnel. This may be reprimanded just as harshly as where a public servant of any kind might have posed for Playboy. Any act or situation which may reflect poorly on the department is likely viewed with disdain.
                  Good point.
                  Do you think that there are quite a number of "cop-couples", married or otherwise?
                  I will google divorce rates among police officers.

Comment

• ozsecuritychic
                    • Mar 2006

I was taught that if your big enough to hit your big enough to be hit back.
                    I have never been involved in a physical altercation with a boyfriend/ husband, my hubby knows that I would not put up with that kind of thing and I know he wouldnt either. My 4 yr old daughter on the other hand has been learning that we dont smack little boys around at pre school, even if they did just push her over. Im actually a nice person, I dont know why people look at me and think I want to hurt them.

Comment

• izeneers
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
                      I was taught that if your big enough to hit your big enough to be hit back.
                      I have never been involved in a physical altercation with a boyfriend/ husband, my hubby knows that I would not put up with that kind of thing and I know he wouldnt either. My 4 yr old daughter on the other hand has been learning that we dont smack little boys around at pre school, even if they did just push her over. Im actually a nice person, I dont know why people look at me and think I want to hurt them.
                      Who has accused you of wanting to hurt someone?

Comment

• UtahProtectionForce
                        • Jan 2007

I married a fellow Security Officer back on march 20th of this year, we work for the same company, and dont not share the same shifts, however we do share the same days off, its actually kind of cool working for the same company because if one gets sick we can usually cover the others shift.
                        Its not how we die that counts.....
                        Its not how we lived that counts....
                        all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by izeneers
                          Who has accused you of wanting to hurt someone?
                          Probably the people she encounters at work.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• izeneers
                            • Aug 2007

"Warrior Princess"

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                            Probably the people she encounters at work.
                            Maybe she's a "Xena" fan, N.A. ...if the chakhram comes out, I'm a duckin'...

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
                              • Aug 2005

We have something superior to that, in this era.

Remember, Rami Gods and Demi-Gods (Herc, Xena, etc) can't dodge bullets.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...