Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you know of or have know of guards that have done drugs, or drink on job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my personal opinion, in a case like this, I do not believe fines are sufficient. This type of activity brings down the industry as a whole. The news media gets ahold of this stuff and it is the industry that recieves the lasting scars, not the individual company.Revocation of licensure should have been the ONLY viable option here. It creates a precedent for others to follow the same path. I am reminded that companies who dump toxic waste for a profit in the ballpark of $1M a day are fined $25K a day by the government for violating the law. In what way is this a deterrent?
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
    George S. Patton

www.fedtia.com

Comment

Here's a great example....

Stuff like this is what is killing us as an industry.....

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...14-arrest.html

FWIW The lady who was killed in this is a friend of my family's, How do I explain to them why he was drunk on his way to work?????
      SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by Realsecurity View Post
        Hey dumbass maybe you should educate yourself before opening your mouth. A security officer must attend a special armed security course before being able to carry a firearm for a security job. DUMBASS lol ROMALOL
        ...Oh, to be a forum moderator for just 5 minutes!!!
        Richard Dickinson
        Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
        DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
        www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

I am aware of a unarmed officer that had her "D" licsense suspened and was unable to work because her finger prints were not clear enough. She had to go back to the Division of Licsening in the City of Tampa to resubmit her prints. For some time, they have used computers versus ink. But the list of crimes submitted by Fedtia amazes me. Some one dropped the ball!!!

Be safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Realsecurity View Post
            Hey dumbass maybe you should educate yourself before opening your mouth. A security officer must attend a special armed security course before being able to carry a firearm for a security job. DUMBASS lol ROMALOL
            Is it time to vote someone off the Island already? Don't see this one changing course.
            ~Super Ninja Sniper~
            Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Originally posted by ValleyOne View Post
              Is it time to vote someone off the Island already? Don't see this one changing course.
              I was the first to wish him goodbye
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson View Post
                ...Oh, to be a forum moderator for just 5 minutes!!!
                Realsecurity uses proxies every time he posts, so banning him is a cat and mouse game. We can remove his posts, red card him, etc. The fact that this guy has nothing better to do than play internet tough guy is both frightening and amazing.

He has a normal account, as well, which he posts from. We tolerate that, since that account hasn't done anything stupid. This is his internet tough guy account, the one he tries to take pot shots at. The only problem is, he is never that good at it.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                  Stuff like this is what is killing us as an industry.....

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...14-arrest.html

FWIW The lady who was killed in this is a friend of my family's, How do I explain to them why he was drunk on his way to work?????
                  Part 2~
                  You are correct, people like this arrect all of us! But I truly hope the good things we do balance out or better yet, outweight the actions the idiots we share this industry with. My condolences........

Be safe,

Hank
                  " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Fedtia View Post
                    I am aware of a currently licensed Security Officer in the State of Florida with the following record:

GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
                    MISDEMEANOR
                    BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
                    MISDEMEANOR
                    GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
                    BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
                    GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
                    BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
                    COCAINE-PUR/POSS W/INT PUR.
                    COCAINE - POSSESSION
                    COCAINE-SALE/MANUF/DELIV

Would someone explain to me how this happens??!!!
                    The million dollar question is were they convicted on these? or just arrested?
                    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

About 6 months ago my supervisor told me that I would be relieving a S/O the
                      next morning that was filling-in (doing an over-nighter) for another that was sick.
                      The next morning I stopped for coffee to bring to the person on duty. When I walked in to the guard shack this guy was staring at the TV. He did not even hear me as I walked up to him. It was like he was in a trance. He sported a Fu Man Chu type mustache (hiding very rotten teeth). Could have been a meth user? I reported him to my supervisor. Come to find out his security license had just been renewed (even though he had a previous drug related problem).

Comment

I got a job with a company that had me watch over a strip mall. There were 4 guards there, so it was fairly (so i thought) tame. Within the first week i found the long time officer (had been there for 11 years), was sleeping inn the empty suite we were using as an office.

He lived 20 miles from the site and on his turnaround nights, it was easier for him to crash there.

Now i dont believe as his supervisor i have any business telling someone what to do on their off time, but when i found some rolling papers i advised him that he could be subject to a random drug test, and that if i found any evidence of illegal drugs, he was going to be arrested.

Main office did suspend him for a week to "investigate". During his suspension,
                        they send me out a young kid who was very gung ho. Now i understand that starting out you can be eager, so i was trying to give this kid a break, but i kept a close eye on him.

Good thing i did. Around 10 am on wednesdays, he was leaving the site to go across the street for about 20 mins or so to the dairy queen.

I dont mind you taking a short break, but there were numerous places on property that could have accomadated him. After the third week of being told this, and then coming to see for myself, i decide to be nosy and follow him.

I observe him meeting with this guy in a dark Ford. They sit down and talk, and they seem to know each other. I suspect they are making a deal of some kind. I confront the S/O who tells me he doesnt know what i am talking about, and since this is #2 my company sends him in for a test. Its negative.

Being the curious fellow i am, i follow him again next week and walk into DQ, and plop myself down next to him. His eyes bug out a little, and i say to this person hes meeting "Hi, Im Scott, Im Tims supervisor" Well now i think hes there meeting his dealer or some other nefarious scheme but ......
                        HES ACROSS THE STREET MEETING HIS PROBATION OFFICER????

I ask the PO "Didnt you know Tim was a security officer?" the PO says no i didnt. I inform him that i believe Tim is violating his probation by being employed as a S/O. He tells me he will have to check. I tell him dont bother since Tim doesnt have a job with me anymore.

Needless to say i wasnt doing that job the next day

Comment

Originally posted by ScottFree View Post
                          I ask the PO "Didnt you know Tim was a security officer?" the PO says no i didnt. I inform him that i believe Tim is violating his probation by being employed as a S/O. He tells me he will have to check. I tell him dont bother since Tim doesnt have a job with me anymore.

Needless to say i wasnt doing that job the next day

Uhmm, maybe you should do a background investigation or at least a background check on new employees? And fire him just for being on probation? That's a little harsh, considering at that point you had no idea what he was even on probation for.
                          Washington DC

Comment

It was supposed to be against company policy, and they were supposed to have run a background investigation.

I feel that you really shouldnt give a security position to someone currently on probation, since that individual has shown poor judgement in the very recent past.

I would have also felt alot better if he didnt try to hide it from me, and if my company hadnt hid it from me.

The reason i removed him from the post was that i felt that he wasnt trustworthy. I quit the next day because i felt that the company wasnt trustworthy either.

I would like to ask others if they would allow an S/O currently on probation at their site?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottFree View Post
                              I would like to ask others if they would allow an S/O currently on probation at their site?

As a manager/partner in a security company, I would say yes. But it does depend on the circumstances, the facility we are protecting, their level (SO, SPO) and if they told me about it.

Someone could be placed on probation for a variety of reasons, some of which would not warrant someone's dismissal (especially if the probation happens after they begin employment) and although I can't say that I disagree with your decision to fire this SO, but there are circumstances where I wouldn't see a major problem with it.
                              Washington DC

Comment

"Tim is violating his probation by being employed as a S/O. He tells me he will have to check. "

don't understand how he's violating his probation by working as an so.
                                probation usually states u have to work legally.

Do u mean company's probation period?
                                THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X