Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you know of or have know of guards that have done drugs, or drink on job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realsecurity View Post
    Hey dumbass maybe you should educate yourself before opening your mouth. A security officer must attend a special armed security course before being able to carry a firearm for a security job. DUMBASS lol ROMALOL
    And you still carry on a CITIZEN PERMIT TO CARRY. Your failure is noted.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Realsecurity seems to have some kind of issue. He lives in Minnesota, somewhere in Minneapolis. He definitely has some kind of serious mental issue going on.

The Internet, you see, is serious business. And this guy... This guy is serious business.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
        Got a statute on that? After my perusing of MN Statute I found nothing of the sort. I mean seriously this is something I will need to know in the near future.

Maybe the "Special Armed Security Course" you speak of was a company thing? Did it involve you riding a short bus???
        BCA requires a qualification course for security personnel. However, you still carry on your Minnesota Personal Protection Act Permit to Carry. There is no separate license for security personnel to carry a firearm.

Which is the entire point: If they required state mandated psych tests, they'd need to make a new permit which only applied to security, because you can get a CCW without a psych test.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
          Here are all his insightful posts

Hey dumbass maybe you should educate yourself before opening your mouth. A security officer must attend a special armed security course before being able to carry a firearm for a security job. DUMBASS lol ROMALOL

You are right.....What a turn of events lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol LMFAO lol lo ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO lol lol

Maybe you are just an asshole!! Would it really be that hard to help people? You are only a security guard, get over your god complex.

Who is the king of "know it alls"?

NA Corbier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any information on Icon Protection or Icon Services Corporation out of Minnesota?

Sorry for being suspicious but you come across as very knowledgeable about security and I wonder how someone gets that much knowledge. I feel there is much I can learn from experienced people.

Hey All, I'm new to this board and new to the security industry. I feel that I have learned a lot form reading this forum.

NA Corbier seems to have a never ending stream of knowledge. I was wondering about NA's background. Where have you worked security and what kind of security have you done? Also whats your current security position?
          Hmmm. Seemed to be a rather intelligent and insightful young man........

Or, then again, maybe not so much.... lol
          I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

I am aware of a currently licensed Security Officer in the State of Florida with the following record:

GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
            MISDEMEANOR
            BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
            MISDEMEANOR
            GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
            BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
            GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
            BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
            COCAINE-PUR/POSS W/INT PUR.
            COCAINE - POSSESSION
            COCAINE-SALE/MANUF/DELIV

Would someone explain to me how this happens??!!!
            If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
            George S. Patton

www.fedtia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fedtia View Post
              I am aware of a currently licensed Security Officer in the State of Florida with the following record:

GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
              MISDEMEANOR
              BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
              MISDEMEANOR
              GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
              BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
              GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
              BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
              COCAINE - POSSESSION
              COCAINE-SALE/MANUF/DELIV

Seems odd to me, as we just turned down an applicant for a 32 year old felony because he wouldn't be able to get licensed.

Call the state, if you know of an Inspector in your area call him.
              SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                And you still carry on a CITIZEN PERMIT TO CARRY. Your failure is noted.
                Security officers are citizens, so I don't see why they wouldn't carry on a State Of Minnesota Permit To Carry A Pistol.

I also don't see why you would need different permit to carry if the state required a pych test.

The board does require additional training before a security officer can work armed, even if the officer has a permit, they can't work armed until completing an approved initial armed training course.

Security is granted some exceptions to law in regards to carrying:

Subd. 17. Posting; trespass.
                (a) A person carrying a firearm on or about his or her person or clothes under a permit or otherwise who
                remains at a private establishment knowing that the operator of the establishment or its agent has made a
                reasonable request that firearms not be brought into the establishment may be ordered to leave the premises.
                A person who fails to leave when so requested is guilty of a petty misdemeanor. The fine for a first offense must not exceed $25. Notwithstanding section 609.531, a firearm carried in violation of this subdivision is
                not subject to forfeiture.
                (b) As used in this subdivision, the terms in this paragraph have the meanings given.
                (1) "Reasonable request" means a request made under the following circumstances:
                (i) the requester has prominently posted a conspicuous sign at every entrance to the establishment
                containing the following language: "(INDICATE IDENTITY OF OPERATOR) BANS GUNS IN
                THESE PREMISES."; or
                (ii) the requester or the requester's agent personally informs the person that guns are prohibited in the
                premises and demands compliance.
                (2) "Prominently" means readily visible and within four feet laterally of the entrance with the bottom of
                the sign at a height of four to six feet above the floor.
                (3) "Conspicuous" means lettering in black arial typeface at least 1-1/2 inches in height against a bright
                contrasting background that is at least 187 square inches in area.
                (4) "Private establishment" means a building, structure, or portion thereof that is owned, leased,
                controlled, or operated by a nongovernmental entity for a nongovernmental purpose.
                (c) The owner or operator of a private establishment may not prohibit the lawful carry or possession of
                firearms in a parking facility or parking area.
                (d) This subdivision does not apply to private residences. The lawful possessor of a private residence may
                prohibit firearms, and provide notice thereof, in any lawful manner.
                (e) A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.
                (f) Notwithstanding any inconsistent provisions in section 609.605, this subdivision sets forth the exclusive
                criteria to notify a permit holder when otherwise lawful firearm possession is not allowed in a private
                establishment and sets forth the exclusive penalty for such activity.
                (g) This subdivision does not apply to:
                (1) an active licensed peace officer; or
                (2) a security guard acting in the course and scope of employment.

624.7181 Rifles and shotguns in public places.
                Subdivision 1. Definitions. For purposes of this section, the following terms have the meanings given them.
                (a) "BB gun" means a device that fires or ejects a shot measuring .18 of an inch or less in diameter.
                (b) "Carry" does not include:
                (1) the carrying of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun to, from, or at a place where firearms are repaired, bought,
                sold, traded, or displayed, or where hunting, target shooting, or other lawful activity involving firearms
                occurs, or at funerals, parades, or other lawful ceremonies;
                (2) the carrying by a person of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun that is unloaded and in a gun case expressly
                made to contain a firearm, if the case fully encloses the firearm by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied,
                or otherwise fastened, and no portion of the firearm is exposed;
                (3) the carrying of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun by a person who has a permit under section 624.714;
                (4) the carrying of an antique firearm as a curiosity or for its historical significance or value; or
                (5) the transporting of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun in compliance with section 97B.045.
                (c) "Public place" means property owned, leased, or controlled by a governmental unit and private property
                that is regularly and frequently open to or made available for use by the public in sufficient numbers to give
                clear notice of the property's current dedication to public use but does not include: a person's dwelling house
                or premises, the place of business owned or managed by the person, or land possessed by the person; a gun
                show, gun shop, or hunting or target shooting facility; or the woods, fields, or waters of this state where the
                person is present lawfully for the purpose of hunting or target shooting or other lawful activity involving
                firearms.
                Subd. 2. Penalties. Whoever carries a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun on or about the person in a public place is guilty
                of a gross misdemeanor. A person under the age of 21 who carries a semiautomatic military-style assault
                weapon, as defined in section 624.712, subdivision 7, on or about the person in a public place is guilty of a
                felony.
                Subd. 3. Exceptions. This section does not apply to officers, employees, or agents of law enforcement agencies
                or the armed forces of this state or the United States, or private detectives or protective agents, to the extent that
                these persons are authorized by law to carry firearms and are acting in the scope of their official duties.

These laws allow security (or in the case of the rifle/shotgun law, protective agents or private detectives) additional privileges in regards to where and what they may carry in public. All of this is done a on regular State Of Minnesota Permit To Carry A Pistol.

If the State Of Minnesota Legislature was so inclined, they could make security officers exempt from any state firearm laws that they wanted to. And they could do it all on the regular State Of Minnesota Permit To Carry A Pistol.
                ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
                  MISDEMEANOR
                  BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
                  MISDEMEANOR
                  GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
                  BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
                  GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000
                  BURG/DWELL/OCCUP.CONVEY
                  COCAINE - POSSESSION
                  COCAINE-SALE/MANUF/DELIV

Is their licensing board aware of this? Sounds like gross neglect of duty on the part of the State Of Florida.
                  ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
                    Is their licensing board aware of this? Sounds like gross neglect of duty on the part of the State Of Florida.
                    I agree... sounds like the state may have overlooked this, here in utah we are required to get a print out of our BCI record and turn it in at time of application of appling for our license.
                    Its not how we die that counts.....
                    Its not how we lived that counts....
                    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
                      I agree... sounds like the state may have overlooked this, here in utah we are required to get a print out of our BCI record and turn it in at time of application of appling for our license.
                      Why does this surprise anyone? People slip through the "cracks" all the time. Nothing (besides the President's protection detail ) is air-tight. You have to keep in mind that you have maybe, a small handfull (10 if you're lucky) that are responsible for thousands of people. I'll tell you something better, you'll love this. Several years ago, there was a PO candidate in the academy. Halfway through, they (the police department) discovered that this weak stick had a murder warrant.
                      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well, one of the problems (among many) is that until last year, Florida had only one (1) State inspector who traveled the state verifying licenses, etc.
                        I have been licensed in the state as a Security Officer (and now a manager) for 23 years and for the first 22 years NOONE ever came to a location I worked to check my license or credentials. This is simply another example of the lack of responsibility taken by governmenntal agencies in regard to our industry. Until there is a federal guideline mandating training and standards and overseeing the actions of security agencies and officers, we will never be taken seriously as a valued service. Nor will we have the authority we require to protect our clients persons, property, assets and liabilities.
                        George S. Patton

www.fedtia.com

Comment

Well, one of the problems (among many) is that until last year, Florida had only one (1) State inspector who traveled the state verifying licenses, etc.
                          I have been licensed in the state as a Security Officer (and now a manager) for 23 years and for the first 22 years NOONE ever came to a location I worked to check my license or credentials. This is simply another example of the lack of responsibility taken by governmenntal agencies in regard to our industry. Until there is a federal guideline mandating training and standards and overseeing the actions of security agencies and officers, we will never be taken seriously as a valued service. Nor will we have the authority we require to protect our clients persons, property, assets and liabilities.
                          That's false. We have had 2 in the panhandle that I know of for the last 3 years at least.
                          SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
                            That's false. We have had 2 in the panhandle that I know of for the last 3 years at least.
                            Well, he is basically saying the same thing as I am. You have thousands of guards, PI's and armored car personnel running around. Meanwhile, you have insufficient personnel to do unannounced inspections. Here in Maryland (did I mention that I hate Maryland?), it's pretty much guaranteed that you won't get an inspection, unless theres a complaint.
                            Last edited by BadBoynMD; 08-23-2007, 03:52 PM. Reason: Opps!
                            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

That's interesting. Ed Warren was the only one I was aware of until the gentleman he was training about 6 months ago came on. We met when a friend opened an agency and they both came to do his inspection. Ed had told me he was the only one and he was tired of running from Tampa to Miami to Tallahassee and was glad he finally had some help. I will call him and see if I can gain some insight as to what the situation is.
                              George S. Patton

www.fedtia.com

Comment

I remember a few years back here in Houston a company was hiring and providing firearms to illegals to do security. I think that somehow they were altering documents to get said employees licensed through the state as well. So in essence, you had illegals, who couldn't speak a lick of english carrying firearms. IIRC, they were deported, the company (who was owned by a former P/O) recieved massive fines, and came within an inch of being shut down.
                                I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X