Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you know of or have know of guards that have done drugs, or drink on job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you know of or have know of guards that have done drugs, or drink on job

i have reported that to my company before i knew of one guy that did drugs on the job, snorted line of meth.... and the company said oh donald would never do that.... this was back in 2001
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    i have reported that to my company before i knew of one guy that did drugs on the job, snorted line of meth.... and the company said oh donald would never do that.... this was back in 2001
    That's why you gotta love policies such as, random drug and alcohol tests. However, some company management KNOW that an employee is doing said illegal thing, but turn their heads, because of whatever reason they deem reasonable. As i've posted before, I know a certain female Sergeant (who works for another company) that smokes marijuana. She is also armed, and company management knows about it.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

drugs

Yes I have I was doing maritime security at the time. When we short handed we sub contact out to another company. Well 5 hours into a 12 hour shift I found him on the after deck smoking crack. I wanted throw this guy into river reason why we on ship that the crew doesn't like American. This guy was cooked out of he's mind with a firearm needless to say we no longer subcontract out work to that company.
      CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

I havn't seen that at my security job but back when I was a firefighter I often had to work shifts with guys who'd start their shift with a couple of beers. Then we would roll out to a call and have volunteers show up from thier homes drunk or respond directly from a local bar. The Chief knew about it and condoned it. I'm no longer affiliated with the city fire department in any way.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I've never known anyone to do drugs while on duty, but I always found it interesting that I never had to take a psych eval or drug test to work armed security but I did have to take those tests to work unarmed at a hospital....
          Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
            I've never known anyone to do drugs while on duty, but I always found it interesting that I never had to take a psych eval or drug test to work armed security but I did have to take those tests to work unarmed at a hospital....
            You also work armed security (in Minnesota) on a citizen carry permit, though. If you had a psych test, every citizen would need one.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

When I was working for a defense contractor a few years ago I went outside to have a smoke during a scheduled break. As I went around the corner one of the armed guards was out there smoking a joint. He immediately put it out and said hello. He did not think I knew what he was doing, but, I still remembered the smell after many years. I talked to his supervisor and told him what I had witnessed. He walked over to the guard and could smell it as well. The police showed up 10 minutes later and arrested him for posession. Thats the only time I have ever seen anyone drinking or doing drugs on the job.

Comment

One never really knows what is in another person closest. However, I have never come across anyone under the influence while on duty.

Be safe,

Hank
                " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                  You also work armed security (in Minnesota) on a citizen carry permit, though. If you had a psych test, every citizen would need one.
                  Hey dumbass maybe you should educate yourself before opening your mouth. A security officer must attend a special armed security course before being able to carry a firearm for a security job. DUMBASS lol ROMALOL

Comment

Originally posted by Realsecurity View Post
                    Hey dumbass maybe you should educate yourself before opening your mouth. A security officer must attend a special armed security course before being able to carry a firearm for a security job. DUMBASS lol ROMALOL
                    I just want to say GOODBYE newbie.
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

LOL! Oh well! Another one bites the dust.....
                      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I issued a violation notice.
                        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                          I issued a violation notice.
                          Here are all his insightful posts

You are right.....What a turn of events lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol LMFAO lol lo ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO lol lol

Maybe you are just an asshole!! Would it really be that hard to help people? You are only a security guard, get over your god complex.

Who is the king of "know it alls"?

NA Corbier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any information on Icon Protection or Icon Services Corporation out of Minnesota?

Sorry for being suspicious but you come across as very knowledgeable about security and I wonder how someone gets that much knowledge. I feel there is much I can learn from experienced people.

Hey All, I'm new to this board and new to the security industry. I feel that I have learned a lot form reading this forum.

NA Corbier seems to have a never ending stream of knowledge. I was wondering about NA's background. Where have you worked security and what kind of security have you done? Also whats your current security position?
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                            Here are all his insightful posts

You are right.....What a turn of events lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol LMFAO lol lo ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO lol lol

Maybe you are just an asshole!! Would it really be that hard to help people? You are only a security guard, get over your god complex.

Who is the king of "know it alls"?

NA Corbier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any information on Icon Protection or Icon Services Corporation out of Minnesota?

Sorry for being suspicious but you come across as very knowledgeable about security and I wonder how someone gets that much knowledge. I feel there is much I can learn from experienced people.

Hey All, I'm new to this board and new to the security industry. I feel that I have learned a lot form reading this forum.

NA Corbier seems to have a never ending stream of knowledge. I was wondering about NA's background. Where have you worked security and what kind of security have you done? Also whats your current security position?
                            HotelSecurity, this person does not know Nathan very well. Were I he, I'd sit quietly and learn something about the field from those who have slugged it out for years.
                            Thanks for providing your insight.
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

Got a statute on that? After my perusing of MN Statute I found nothing of the sort. I mean seriously this is something I will need to know in the near future.

Maybe the "Special Armed Security Course" you speak of was a company thing? Did it involve you riding a short bus???
                              SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X