Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ways to save money while creating a company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    ill take pictures tonight, or tommorow and post them.. the plastic badge actually doesnt look to bad, just is funny that is plastic

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
    There's a uniform shop in Maryland, that charges, I think it's $2 a badge patch. There's a couple security company that has these sewn on their duty shirts, actually looks pretty good. My security folks will be getting the patches, whereas my detectives will be getting the badge.
    The embroidered "badge patches" actually look very sharp, and some PDs have even gone to them. This isn't the best pic, but it's a round navy-background patch matching the shirt color so that when it's sewn on the embroidered badge image stands out almost like a metallic badge.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 08-23-2007, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    UPF are we brainstorming on how to save money before or during the proposed new security business launch?

If you're trying to raise capital to launch the business, modifying your personal life (expenditures) would be a good starting point... assessing your expenditure, assigning a budget & ensuring a savings plan

I'm thinking these badges are a US tradition? never seen anything like them here as we all wear security patches on our uniforms, for that matter even our State Police have a sewn on 'embroidered service emblem' and those plastic name tags the fast food companies made us familiar with (you know the ones )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 08-23-2007, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    Some agencies don't use badges at all now, for that matter. You can inexpensively purchase a sew/iron-on patch embroidered with

SECURITY or
    SECURITY OFFICER

...etc. that is placed where the badge would go.
    There's a uniform shop in Maryland, that charges, I think it's $2 a badge patch. There's a couple security company that has these sewn on their duty shirts, actually looks pretty good. My security folks will be getting the patches, whereas my detectives will be getting the badge.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Get your badges from a Chinese manufacturer... They might be painted plastic, but feel like lead...

(ducks flying furniture...)

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    I worked for a company that had those once. They looked good, until you touched them and could feel how cheap they were. The intersting thing was it was a federal government contract, and my badge number was 1040.

I would not use those. They kind of had a morale lowering effect on the officers.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Some agencies don't use badges at all now, for that matter. You can inexpensively purchase a sew/iron-on patch embroidered with

SECURITY or
    SECURITY OFFICER

...etc. that is placed where the badge would go.

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002 View Post
    eww... no thanks!

I'd have to agree here. IMHO, if you're going to do it, than do it right. Just shop around, and see who has the cheapest prices when it comes to uniforms. If your uniform fits the way it's suppose to, then you won't have much worry about it sagging down.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    i still have the badge laying around the house, ill post photos later.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    I had a company once issue plasitc badges with metaic finishes and a clear coat on top, they looked like heavy metal badges but were light weight and would not hang low on the shirt
    eww... no thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ways to save money while creating a company.

I had a company once issue plasitc badges with metaic finishes and a clear coat on top, they looked like heavy metal badges but were light weight and would not hang low on the shirt

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X