Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ways to save money while creating a company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ways to save money while creating a company.

I had a company once issue plasitc badges with metaic finishes and a clear coat on top, they looked like heavy metal badges but were light weight and would not hang low on the shirt
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    I had a company once issue plasitc badges with metaic finishes and a clear coat on top, they looked like heavy metal badges but were light weight and would not hang low on the shirt
    eww... no thanks!
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

i still have the badge laying around the house, ill post photos later.
      all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
        eww... no thanks!

I'd have to agree here. IMHO, if you're going to do it, than do it right. Just shop around, and see who has the cheapest prices when it comes to uniforms. If your uniform fits the way it's suppose to, then you won't have much worry about it sagging down.
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Some agencies don't use badges at all now, for that matter. You can inexpensively purchase a sew/iron-on patch embroidered with

SECURITY or
          SECURITY OFFICER

...etc. that is placed where the badge would go.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

I worked for a company that had those once. They looked good, until you touched them and could feel how cheap they were. The intersting thing was it was a federal government contract, and my badge number was 1040.

I would not use those. They kind of had a morale lowering effect on the officers.
            "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Get your badges from a Chinese manufacturer... They might be painted plastic, but feel like lead...

(ducks flying furniture...)
              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                Some agencies don't use badges at all now, for that matter. You can inexpensively purchase a sew/iron-on patch embroidered with

SECURITY or
                SECURITY OFFICER

...etc. that is placed where the badge would go.
                There's a uniform shop in Maryland, that charges, I think it's $2 a badge patch. There's a couple security company that has these sewn on their duty shirts, actually looks pretty good. My security folks will be getting the patches, whereas my detectives will be getting the badge.
                "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

UPF are we brainstorming on how to save money before or during the proposed new security business launch?

If you're trying to raise capital to launch the business, modifying your personal life (expenditures) would be a good starting point... assessing your expenditure, assigning a budget & ensuring a savings plan

I'm thinking these badges are a US tradition? never seen anything like them here as we all wear security patches on our uniforms, for that matter even our State Police have a sewn on 'embroidered service emblem' and those plastic name tags the fast food companies made us familiar with (you know the ones )
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Maelstrom; 08-23-2007, 09:05 AM.
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
                    There's a uniform shop in Maryland, that charges, I think it's $2 a badge patch. There's a couple security company that has these sewn on their duty shirts, actually looks pretty good. My security folks will be getting the patches, whereas my detectives will be getting the badge.
                    The embroidered "badge patches" actually look very sharp, and some PDs have even gone to them. This isn't the best pic, but it's a round navy-background patch matching the shirt color so that when it's sewn on the embroidered badge image stands out almost like a metallic badge.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SecTrainer; 08-23-2007, 01:50 PM.
                    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

ill take pictures tonight, or tommorow and post them.. the plastic badge actually doesnt look to bad, just is funny that is plastic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X