Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    And lets not forget what happened to his failing limo company.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-65815214.html

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002 View Post
    Since we are on the topic of Dan Seman, here is something I found about some illegal business practices he engaged in.

http://www.oah.state.mn.us/aljBase/30018608.94.htm
    He has had a number of names in business since 1982. He first started off as Winslow Security, and then got in big trouble because he forgot a big step, he didn't have a license from the board of private detectives and protective agents. He narrowly escaped prosecution on that one (its good to be married to elected officials daughters).

Then he switched the business name to Chase Security, and had the former Anoka County Park Police Chief as his qualified Representative.

After running into trouble over the armored car fiasco, he changed the name to Avalon Security.

At some point, for reasons I don't know, he changed it again to Avalon Fortress.

Lets see, thats 4 names since his start, and non of those involved a change in ownership.

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    Holly Mackerel I just read the link and looked up the State Statue. On the surface it looks like a lot of BS. I can't figure why anyone should be concerned about his security people moving money from plant to plant on Honeywell property. I agree that there needs to be some sort of special cert to move money from over the road locations as protection and liability to the carrier. But as I understand it he was on foot from vending areas, cafeterias etc on Honeywell property. Why he didn't just get a cert is open for speculation. Could be those dam boat payments got in the way. Had I read the entire law it would take a week. My word count even rebelled on this one.

He was also providing non-armored car, armored car service to Valley Fair. And that was not internal money movement. He was transporting large amounts of money in ryder style moving trucks.

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Hydro Québec used to have it's own Police Force (special constables). If I'm right I think they were replaced by Security. (Their cars no longer say PROTECTION & the flashers are now yellow instead of red).
    At the nuclear power plant they continue to have special constable

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002 View Post
    Since we are on the topic of Dan Seman, here is something I found about some illegal business practices he engaged in.

Holly Mackerel I just read the link and looked up the State Statue. On the surface it looks like a lot of BS. I can't figure why anyone should be concerned about his security people moving money from plant to plant on Honeywell property. I agree that there needs to be some sort of special cert to move money from over the road locations as protection and liability to the carrier. But as I understand it he was on foot from vending areas, cafeterias etc on Honeywell property. Why he didn't just get a cert is open for speculation. Could be those dam boat payments got in the way. Had I read the entire law it would take a week. My word count even rebelled on this one.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
    The only private SWAT i know in quebec is the hydro-quebec intervention team on the Becancour Nuclear power plant they are well equiped like a city swat i heard they also had an helicopter
    Hydro Québec used to have it's own Police Force (special constables). If I'm right I think they were replaced by Security. (Their cars no longer say PROTECTION & the flashers are now yellow instead of red).

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by Minneapolis Security View Post
    I looked into this, he had a very short lived career with the Somerset, Wi. Police Department. Under 1 year, he was terminated for leaving his fellow officer who was in a fight with someone. Not exactly something to brag about.

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    The only private SWAT i know in quebec is the hydro-quebec intervention team on the Becancour Nuclear power plant they are well equiped like a city swat i heard they also had an helicopter

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    the truck on the avalon ad look like a freightliner or a sterling truck it doesnt look like a ups truck

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Caesar View Post
    You might be reading too much into it. It says he's a former WAE (When Actually employed) Deputy marshal, I knew a couple guys who did that, it was a "way in" to the USMS when they were young when they did that, they stopped that program in '94 I believe. I even heard a guy say "its like being reserve police, only for the Marshals".

The part about him being a licensed police officer could mean that he's attended a police academy and/or worked/works are a reserve somewhere, which a lot of security company owners and employees do to enhance their marketability. It doesn't have to mean he "retired" from LE then started his company, he could have been doing several things at once...........

Or he could just be a lying crook of %^&*. Many people try to hype their credentials.

Just saying we don't know .

I looked into this, he had a very short lived career with the Somerset, Wi. Police Department. Under 1 year, he was terminated for leaving his fellow officer who was in a fight with someone. Not exactly something to brag about.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    Intresting just the other day I was schooled by our UPS guy that their trucks are designed just for UPS and are expected to be in service for 20 years. I mentioned that it would make a good camper and he told me that will never happen cause they without exception are destroyed. It's an image thing I guess.
    The one in the Avalon ad sure looks like UPS brown and design.
    Its a standard body, the one in the Avalon ad. If you've got the cash, you can buy purpose specific trucks like that.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Intresting just the other day I was schooled by our UPS guy that their trucks are designed just for UPS and are expected to be in service for 20 years. I mentioned that it would make a good camper and he told me that will never happen cause they without exception are destroyed. It's an image thing I guess.
    The one in the Avalon ad sure looks like UPS brown and design.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    You know, when I shop a patch onto a uniform cause my client is too cheap to actually send me pics of real people in real uniforms... I tend to replace ALL the patches, and at least apply some skillz to it.

Here are some things I have always found funny:
    RGB Color 000 is Black, or "all the phosphors or LEDs are off." Here's a hint, folks: This color does not exist in nature, or if it does, you couldn't see it. Clothes, patches, etc have shadows on them. They have texture.

That's how you can tell that the Whitestone Group's patrol car was real, the emblem actually was placed over a side trim. Whereas the van, a bus I've seen, etc... There's no rivets underneath the logo. There's no lighting effects on the logos. etc.

You know, I'm almost tempted to pick an unlicensed state (to avoid legal problems) and make a site for a security company. Then invite people to critique it and tell me what's real (Well, nothing, but you know), what's shopped, and what's hilarious.

However, on the van... There's a few things to remember: Those cans at auction are cheap. Its a rolling billboard, and people will invest in silly things. I know a security firm in Florida that has a bus. A full sized Greyhound bus, for their central operations gimmick.

While it looks shopped, look at the hood. Whoever did that, got the colors right, etc, is actually pretty good. Or, the truck is real.

Leave a comment:

• Black Caesar
    replied
    Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post

That may very well be true, but are their law enforcement careers over at age 24? Seems weird being that the minimum age to become a police officer in most area's is 21.
    You might be reading too much into it. It says he's a former WAE (When Actually employed) Deputy marshal, I knew a couple guys who did that, it was a "way in" to the USMS when they were young when they did that, they stopped that program in '94 I believe. I even heard a guy say "its like being reserve police, only for the Marshals".

The part about him being a licensed police officer could mean that he's attended a police academy and/or worked/works are a reserve somewhere, which a lot of security company owners and employees do to enhance their marketability. It doesn't have to mean he "retired" from LE then started his company, he could have been doing several things at once...........

Or he could just be a lying crook of %^&*. Many people try to hype their credentials.

Just saying we don't know .
    Last edited by Black Caesar; 08-12-2007, 10:17 PM. Reason: typos as usual

Leave a comment:

• Minneapolis Security
    replied
    [QUOTE=BadBoynMD;36563]
    http://www.avalonsecurity.com/

The owner is 49 years old and started the company in 1982 according to their website. I wonder how someone is a "former W.A.E. Deputy United States Marshal and a licensed police officer" at the ripe old age of 24, or more importantly, why someone is a "former W.A.E. Deputy United States Marshal and a licensed police officer" at 24 years of age, seems like an awful short career in law enforcement.

I know some police officers that are, deputized U.S. Marshal's and deputized D.E.A. Agent's.
    That may very well be true, but are their law enforcement careers over at age 24? Seems weird being that the minimum age to become a police officer in most area's is 21.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X