private swat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private swat

I want to know if a lot of private security had swat team like CIS in the usa

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
    I want to know if a lot of private security had swat team like CIS in the usa
    There are a couple of local companies that have 3 guard teams patrolling the regional train stations (very rough place for security) named Operative Protection Groups; they´re all big, mean-looking guys; club bouncer types, not your average guard.

I guess that´s the closer thing to a SWAT I´ve seen in the industry.

Comment

no crisis teams here in utah that i know of for private security.. how ever we are allowed the use of shotguns and ar-15's, if needed.. and qualified with and the company has insurance for thier use.
      Its not how we die that counts.....
      Its not how we lived that counts....
      all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
        no crisis teams here in utah that i know of for private security.. how ever we are allowed the use of shotguns and ar-15's, if needed.. and qualified with and the company has insurance for thier use.
        Sigh.. I really hate Maryland. I can't find squat on the ability to use Shotgun's and AR-15's. However, when asking state police, they simply say "its not regulated". So does this mean what? and
        "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
          Sigh.. I really hate Maryland. I can't find squat on the ability to use Shotgun's and AR-15's. However, when asking state police, they simply say "its not regulated". So does this mean what? and
          Well, it's a general principle of law that what isn't prohibited is, de facto, permitted, and that whatever isn't regulated is, de facto, unregulated. This is particularly true where the government has had the opportunity to prohibit or regulate something but has chosen to remain silent, as would appear to be the case here.

However, it's not like the law says "Whatever isn't prohibited, you can do, any way you want." All legal principles have limits, primarily in the form of other counterbalancing legal principles. For instance, there is the general duty of reasonable care that is incumbent on anyone who undertakes an activity that is inherently risky. This legal principle would limit the exercise of an otherwise unregulated activity, and so it counterbalances the "whatever isn't prohibited" principle.

As a more practical matter, I would imagine that because the law is silent on the use of these weapons, there are also no training standards for their use, and hence it would probably be very difficult and/or prohibitively expensive to get insurance coverage where they are concerned.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Lets go out on a limb here, BadBoy.

Does your firearms certification / licensing application have a checkbox for what weapon certified with, or does it have a fill in the blank?

I have a feeling if its not regulated, you can simply write in AR-15 / M4 and whatever else is needed to know about the weapon. That's how they do it in WI.

Many states say, "You cannot have an AR*" and the * is always, in statute, "or other weapons as approved by the director of the licensing board." This is because sometimes you get very rich and powerful people demanding extraordinary weapons, like suppressed SBRs in briefcases, for their executive protection teams.

This is how CIS has rifles for their ATO accounts, they have to get permission to carry rifles on each site they can.

I also wouldn't call CIS's operations a "SWAT Team," as SWAT is generally used for specific missions, and CIS's Special Services Unit doesn't really engage in those types of missions.

Now, with mission creep and trying to justify SWAT units, some department SWAT teams are doing things other than hostage rescue, high risk warrant service, etc. Some cities have their SWAT teams doing exactly what CIS does: Going in force and shutting down streets (Police shut down public, CIS shuts down private) and verifying who is supposed to be there and making life hell for the dealers and buyers in the area.

I would not call CIS a SWAT team because some SWAT teams are adding more and more to their mission portfolio. I'd call the SWAT team more patrol orientated.

Also, on the ATO program, I don't think CIS is like a SWAT unit, I think the ATOs are more like a private army. There's some negative connotations to that, but lets face it: Against a terrorist threat, the objective is to deter, deny, delay, and defeat the enemy. Its not to arrest them like the police do, its to protect the facility against a threat group who is trying to end human lives and destroy property to create confusion and terror.

After they're no longer the immediate deadly threat they are, arresting is great. But till that point, the ATO unit is there to prevent the enemy terrorist from carrying out their lethal force goals using appropriate force.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Does your firearms certification / licensing application have a checkbox for what weapon certified with, or does it have a fill in the blank?

I have a feeling if its not regulated, you can simply write in AR-15 / M4 and whatever else is needed to know about the weapon. That's how they do it in WI.
              Alright, on the quals sheet it basically has two options. Revolver or semi-auto handgun. As for my actual permit it just states "license to carry a handgun". So, yeah I hate Maryland.
              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think WackenHut may have special-ops style security at some posts. I read long time ago (7 yrs ago I think) that some of thier contracts included nuclear power plants and they had armed to the teeth style security....
                I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
                  I think WackenHut may have special-ops style security at some posts. I read long time ago (7 yrs ago I think) that some of thier contracts included nuclear power plants and they had armed to the teeth style security....
                  Those are usually Wackenhut Government Services, which is a separate company. Most of the people who work for them are special law enforcement officers, at least till they're fired for having felonies.

Look for this to change, already WGS employees have been stripped of their special deputy status at NASA's Kennedy Space Port because they were doing their jobs too well: Pissing off people.

You can't make the police stop doing their job, but you can make security.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

One of the many companies name "Northwest" here have a "Counter-terrorism Assault Team" who train on and carry the big guns. They do a lot of contracts on Navy and Foreign vessels in port along the West coast from Alaska to California.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                      One of the many companies name "Northwest" here have a "Counter-terrorism Assault Team" who train on and carry the big guns. They do a lot of contracts on Navy and Foreign vessels in port along the West coast from Alaska to California.
                      Hmmm... interesting, is this due to outsourcing? I figured the Navy would have a maritime (Defence Force) security detail for their own requirements...
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I assume it has to do with a lot of our resources being over in the War right now. It's the same reason you see a lot of private security working security on military bases and why military police are being replaced by DoD Police.
                        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The Whitestone Group in Pickerington, Ohio has what you could call a private SWAT team. They wear tac gear and have patches that say "Private Police". You can check out some pictures at www. whitestonegroup.us and look at the gallery. Their are some pictures of the "SWAT" team.
                          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
                          - General George Patton Jr

Comment

Originally posted by HospitalOfficer View Post
                            The Whitestone Group in Pickerington, Ohio has what you could call a private SWAT team. They wear tac gear and have patches that say "Private Police". You can check out some pictures at www. whitestonegroup.us and look at the gallery. Their are some pictures of the "SWAT" team.
                            Without trying to sound negative, how much would you want to bet their "SWAT" guys are making $1/hr over minimum wage and had to buy their own uniforms/guns?

Comment

Originally posted by HospitalOfficer View Post
                              Those are probably contract law enforcement to the US Government, look at their services portfolio and affiliations. They're basically a PMC.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X