Newb ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb ?'s

Hi I recently became a security guard with Group 4 Securicor?s Toronto Division. I am now just waiting to receive my license from the government and I will begin scheduling. I have a few questions I was hoping some of you could answer.

1. First off I should mention I signed up for their Condo Division. Now they also have a Commercial Division. In your experience which would you say is the better line of work? Condo or Commercial?

2. I will also probably have the choice between 2nd & 3rd shift. Anyone have a preference? Also if you work 3rd shift do you come home and go right to bed? Or do you stay up for a few hours say till 12pm or 1pm. Then hit the sack.

3. I?m considering switching to Commercial. Do companies make a big deal if somebody wants to switch divisions? Anyone worked for Group 4 Securicor?

Thank in advance to all that reply.
    Last edited by Mainio; 01-27-2006, 11:30 AM.

I work for a subsidary of G4, it is The Wackenhut Corp. I dont know the difference between your divisions. I work in a Retail Warehouse at the front desk, screening calls, access control, parcel checks, and since I am graveyard (3rd Shift) I do evening footpatrols. I love the third shift. People say it's actionless and boring, but as far as I know, I am the only s/o there who has assisted in a felony-potential apprehension.

My shift is from 2300-0700. (11pm to 7am for those of you....) I usually come home at 0730 and hang out until 11-13 (11am-1pm) then go to bed. Alot like people who work a 9-5 would... I dont know many people who get off at 5 and are in bed by 7.

I find it really helps you stay awake and be more attentive on duty as well. When I sleep immediately and sleep from...say... 8-5, then I have 6 hours of exhausting my energy BEFORE my 8+ hour shift. So I sleep from about 12-9, which gives me three hours to get up, get cleaned up, finishing touches on my uniform, get some breakfast (dinner) in me, get out the door, stop to get lunch for the night then shoot off to work with time to spare. And I will have only exhausted about 2-3 hours before working, as alot of 9-5'ers do. It takes me about 52 hours to change my sleep schedule too.

As for switching divisions, I started in the Emergency Response Team for TWC, I transferred to Upscale Corporate Security, ERT didnt want to let me go, but they did.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Anyone else? A couple follow up questions.

1. Do you pefer Condo or Commercial? What's the difference?

2. I also have to do a day of CPR training. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

3. Any Toronto employed Group 4 S/O's on here?

Thanks Again.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X