X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alamedaad
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    I would take my cell phone & call 9-1-1.
    Ditto. If something doesn't seem right there's usually a good reason. It's always best to err on the side of caution. Even if it's nothing, it's better than doing nothing and having something happen and then living with the consequences/ remorse of knowing you could have made the difference.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I would take my cell phone & call 9-1-1.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    well...

Since I work in uniform, I would certainly make myself visible to the person. I would further make my intent known by defeating my first stage of retention. Of course, it would go back after the percieved threat was gone.

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy
    started a topic What would you have done?

What would you have done?

About half an hour ago I was standing in line at the grocery store waiting to pay for my purchase when a guy walked in wearing a winter skull cap pulled down so low that it was difficult to see his eyes, as well as a hooded sweatshirt. What is unusual about that is the fact that the temperature here is in the mid 90s. Now, understand that I was not working, but I have a concealed carry permit and on this occasion, I was carrying my gun in a SmartCarry holster. When I saw this fellow stand right behind me in line, I inconspicuously pulled the butt of my gun up to make it more accessible in case something happened. Nothing did happen, and I paid for my groceries and left; can't say if anything happened after I left, however.

I guess what I want to know is what if this would have happened at work? How would all of you have responded? I have seen my share of shady looking people while at work, but never anything quite like this. I suppose I probably would have kept a safe distance from the perp while unsnapping the retention snap as a precautionary measure, and snapping it back when the danger passes.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X