No announcement yet.

What would you have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so i don't live the US, so i have a question.

If in this instance you have a CCW and something had happened and you had called 9-1-1, when you make the call would you inform the emergency services that you carry a firearm?
    Last edited by geordiekimbo; 08-09-2007, 10:18 PM. Reason: i can't type for toffee

Comment

Originally posted by geordiekimbo View Post
      Ok so i don't live the US, so i have a question.

If in this instance you have a CCW and something had happened and you had called 9-1-1, when you make the call would you inform the emergency services that you carry a firearm?
      It's always a good idea to inform them that you are armed. Along with your clothing descriptions.
      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
        About half an hour ago I was standing in line at the grocery store waiting to pay for my purchase when a guy walked in wearing a winter skull cap pulled down so low that it was difficult to see his eyes, as well as a hooded sweatshirt. What is unusual about that is the fact that the temperature here is in the mid 90s. Now, understand that I was not working, but I have a concealed carry permit and on this occasion, I was carrying my gun in a SmartCarry holster. When I saw this fellow stand right behind me in line, I inconspicuously pulled the butt of my gun up to make it more accessible in case something happened. Nothing did happen, and I paid for my groceries and left; can't say if anything happened after I left, however.

I guess what I want to know is what if this would have happened at work? How would all of you have responded? I have seen my share of shady looking people while at work, but never anything quite like this. I suppose I probably would have kept a safe distance from the perp while unsnapping the retention snap as a precautionary measure, and snapping it back when the danger passes.
        I would have done absolutely nothing. People dress in funky ways in the big city, so unless they are a threat to me, no harm done.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
          It's always a good idea to inform them that you are armed. Along with your clothing descriptions.
          Cool,

I thought there'd be some kind of tip off to the fact there's an armed good guy in the area,... good call

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X