Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check out this idiot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    But honestly, you hear about how many Taser Deaths a Year? 1... 2... maybe 5 at most. Out of the thousands of Taser Deployments... And on those deaths, I cant recall one where the officer has been convicted of unnecessary force.
    Amnesty International reports the following:

    DEATHS IN CUSTODY AFTER TASER USE

    Since June 2001, more than 70 people have died in police custody in the USA and Canada after being struck with tasers, with the number of reported cases rising each year. Amnesty International's data shows two deaths reported in 2001, 13 in 2002, 20 in 2003 and 38 from January to mid-October 2004.(109) These figures are higher than the total number of taser-related deaths reported in the previous 25 years.

    Mr. Security's Comments: Remember the old propaganda that the cigarette companies promoted? "Cigarettes have not been proven to cause cancer."
    Now we know the truth about the use of tobacco products. I don't think all the facts are in yet regarding tasers.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
      But honestly, you hear about how many Taser Deaths a Year? 1... 2... maybe 5 at most. Out of the thousands of Taser Deployments... And on those deaths, I cant recall one where the officer has been convicted of unnecessary force.
      The device certainly has its uses. I would be in a better position to study it more closely if my company didn't have a ban on them. I carry two other types of weapons that are definitely more prone to cause serious injury or death. I carry one of those big metal straight batons that slides into a ring on my duty belt. That item has more destructive capability than any asp, but I am more comfortable with it since I am fully familiar with the weapon.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by 1stWatch
        .... I carry one of those big metal straight batons that slides into a ring on my duty belt. That item has more destructive capability than any asp, but I am more comfortable with it since I am fully familiar with the weapon.
        Metal? Who makes it?
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by 1stWatch
          The device certainly has its uses. I would be in a better position to study it more closely if my company didn't have a ban on them. I carry two other types of weapons that are definitely more prone to cause serious injury or death. I carry one of those big metal straight batons that slides into a ring on my duty belt. That item has more destructive capability than any asp, but I am more comfortable with it since I am fully familiar with the weapon.
          I think the PPCT determined that metal batons inflict no more damage than those made of wood. A stick is a stick. My Asp is made of metal so how can a "metal" stick be more destructive? Any stick is destructive if it is used as a deadly weapon such as joint and head strikes.
          I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
          -Lieutenant Commander Data
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Tennsix
            I think the PPCT determined that metal batons inflict no more damage than those made of wood. A stick is a stick. My Asp is made of metal so how can a "metal" stick be more destructive? Any stick is destructive if it is used as a deadly weapon such as joint and head strikes.
            Depends on the metal, i.e. aluminum vs. steel. All things being equal (swing, etc.) steel is a heavier metal and therefore has more kinetic energy.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

            Comment


            • #36
              asps are steel alloy. and rarely bend or break
              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bigdog
                asps are steel alloy. and rarely bend or break
                Granted. But I think you're missing the point of what I said. The heavier the baton, the greater the kinetic energy or impact.


                10.9 oz.

                Weighs 20 oz.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                Comment


                • #38
                  This discussion of which baton is more dangerous needs to address two additional things. The first is the diameter of the shaft, and the second is how the operator is using the weapon.

                  The ASP has a very small diameter compared to the 1.25" diameter baton (PR-24, Straight Stick, etc). The smaller diameter concentrates the force, especially at the tip, yielding a "deeper" strike into the tissue. Just like a woman's heel is more dangerous than the ball of her foot (smaller area, greater force, deeper shock potential), so is the ASP.

                  There's also how the operator is using the weapon, and the imposed limitations of the ASP training system.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    This discussion of which baton is more dangerous needs to address two additional things. The first is the diameter of the shaft, and the second is how the operator is using the weapon.....
                    The second is already addressed in post #35...."all things being equal".....
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      whats the best way to spray oc fan it across the face or spry from the chin to the eyes
                      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Depends... If you have a stream type nozzle on your OC spray, go for the eyes since the stream can be accurately aimed up to around 7-10 feet. If you have a cone dispersal nozzle, center of the face; Bad thing about the latter is backspray if you discharge it in breezy conditions...
                        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by flashlightcop509
                          Depends... If you have a stream type nozzle on your OC spray, go for the eyes since the stream can be accurately aimed up to around 7-10 feet. If you have a cone dispersal nozzle, center of the face; Bad thing about the latter is backspray if you discharge it in breezy conditions...
                          A 10 foot spray will not find it's target if there is any wind. You will get more of it than the bad guy.
                          I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                          -Lieutenant Commander Data
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by bigdog
                            whats the best way to spray oc fan it across the face or spry from the chin to the eyes
                            Straight for the eyes.
                            I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                            -Lieutenant Commander Data
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              why not eyes nose and mouth
                              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by bigdog
                                why not eyes nose and mouth
                                You want to stop the aggression. A straight shot in the eyes is the fastest way to do that. With that, the will also suspect will get a healthy helping of OC down in the mouth and nose. A person sprayed with OC will still fight but if his eyes are inflamed and swollen shut, he ican't see and than makes him a little easier to manage.
                                I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                                -Lieutenant Commander Data
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X