No announcement yet.

check out this idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats y i also carry a baton and taser. id rather use the taser it has a higher rate of effectiveness.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

also have you seen the pictures of subjectys sprayed with old school mace ? it causes chemical burns, blindness etc

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
        also have you seen the pictures of subjectys sprayed with old school mace ? it causes chemical burns, blindness etc
        I have used it agianst people
        I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
        -Lieutenant Commander Data
        sigpic

Comment

so then you know why its no longer used.

Comment

so then you know why its no longer used.
            Yes, I understand why it isn't used BUT it works and it is more reliable than OC-that was my point. I have been sprayed with Mace numerous times (more times than I have used it against others) and I lived to tell about it. Most types of less-than-lethal weapons (including TASER) have endured their share of criticism. It wasn?t so long ago people were saying OC kills. Now, it is TASER.

Any weapon is used with a degree of risk. Bottom line is if the suspect wasn?t acting an idiot, (s)he wouldn?t have been subject to any sort of force, including Mace, OC, TASER, baton, empty hand, firearm, etc.
            sigpic

Comment

thats y i also carry a baton and taser. id rather use the taser it has a higher rate of effectiveness.
              For the sake of conversation, would you not carry a baton because it could potentially break bones? Would you not carry a TASER due to its potential for causing cardiac dysfunction?
              sigpic

Comment

good point i guess not

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                  For the sake of conversation....Would you not carry a TASER due to its potential for causing cardiac dysfunction?
                  I would not carry a taser. Yes a baton may break a bone, especially if it is misused. Nobody ever died because of a broken arm (excluding compound fractures). I don't believe the same is true of a taser.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I would carry a taser before a baton. I have never seen a good taser shot fail. In some regards they have more stopping power than a gun. Because it is based on disfunctioning one's central nervous system, and is not pain compliance, it gives the operator the desired result, regardless of how hopped up on drugs the bad guy is... however, with a baton, you may strike your PCP induced suspect, 2...3... 14 times, only to have him take your baton and beat the hell out of you with it. (see cinncinatti, where the cops beat the hell out of a guy with PR-24s, and he kept fighting until he died. )

I am a Taser supporter 100%.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                      I would carry a taser before a baton. I have never seen a good taser shot fail. In some regards they have more stopping power than a gun. Because it is based on disfunctioning one's central nervous system, and is not pain compliance, it gives the operator the desired result, regardless of how hopped up on drugs the bad guy is... however, with a baton, you may strike your PCP induced suspect, 2...3... 14 times, only to have him take your baton and beat the hell out of you with it. (see cinncinatti, where the cops beat the hell out of a guy with PR-24s, and he kept fighting until he died. )

I am a Taser supporter 100%.
                      I understand how you feel. However, I have seen a good taser shot fail. Granted, the baton will fail before the taser does. Nevertheless, I would rather see force used as follows: Verbal, physical, OC, baton, Taser, Lethal.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                        I understand how you feel. However, I have seen a good taser shot fail. Granted, the baton will fail before the taser does. Nevertheless, I would rather see force used as follows: Verbal, physical, OC, baton, Taser, Lethal.
                        Ideally, you are correct. There are occasions when lesser levels of the force continuum are not adequate to subdue a situation and levels mayb be skipped. While we don?t want to utilize more force than necessary, we don?t want a level playing field either. We are not expected to meet the bad guy with equal force. The public is led to believe that a TASER is a replacement for deadly force; it isn?t. Conversely, if a suspect attacked me with a TASER I would consider using deadly force.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                          Ideally, you are correct. There are occasions when lesser levels of the force continuum are not adequate to subdue a situation and levels mayb be skipped. While we don?t want to utilize more force than necessary, we don?t want a level playing field either. We are not expected to meet the bad guy with equal force. The public is led to believe that a TASER is a replacement for deadly force; it isn?t. Conversely, if a suspect attacked me with a TASER I would consider using deadly force.
                          I am prepared to shoot any person who raises a taser to me while I am armed with a deadly weapon. There is no stopping a citizen taser in 30-second mode. There is no stopping an older taser with the trigger continiously held. Once you are locked in with the taser, there is no defense against a weapon take-away.

Of the very, very, few people who have resisted a taser, evidence shows that some resisted due to improper probe placement (loud arc), or bad batteries.

Not only are you protecting your own life against the attacker, but the lives of others down the road that you service or concealed carry weapon will be used to kill by your attacker.

I might play the K-Mart OC vs. Sabre Red game with some idiot. But with a Taser, I won't play anything. They will not make that first shot.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I am still not comfortable with the idea of carrying a taser. I have read about people who went into cardiac arrest after being tased. Sure, they were on cocaine, but so are many of the people I would be likely to use such a device on in the field. The company I work for currently prohibits electrical weapons devices as per its SOP.
                            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

my company is actually starting to issue tasers to all security officers very slow process as we are a small company, we have 150 officers about ten have tasers so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                                I am still not comfortable with the idea of carrying a taser. I have read about people who went into cardiac arrest after being tased. Sure, they were on cocaine, but so are many of the people I would be likely to use such a device on in the field. The company I work for currently prohibits electrical weapons devices as per its SOP.

But honestly, you hear about how many Taser Deaths a Year? 1... 2... maybe 5 at most. Out of the thousands of Taser Deployments... And on those deaths, I cant recall one where the officer has been convicted of unnecessary force.
                                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X