• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out this idiot

getting pepper sprayed by friend for $50
    www.collegehumor.com/movies/105431
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Its a wonder they didn't flush the OC with Vodka.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Who would volunteer for that? Didn't he realize it's only going to be funny to his friends once that OC hits him?
      10-8

Comment

Job secuirty
        sigpic

Comment

While he was screaming and such, you notice it really didn't slow him down. He was about to bolt off, and then he homed in on his buddy with the can easily.

That's Defense Technologies 5.5% spray, I think. Either 5.5% or 10%, with the "LEO Only" packaging.

Another amusing story, wish I had video, my brother in law used to spray Punch II on nachos. Then eat them.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            While he was screaming and such, you notice it really didn't slow him down. He was about to bolt off, and then he homed in on his buddy with the can easily.

That's Defense Technologies 5.5% spray, I think. Either 5.5% or 10%, with the "LEO Only" packaging.

Another amusing story, wish I had video, my brother in law used to spray Punch II on nachos. Then eat them.
            Haha, well a lot of those pepper sprays all say they're made "with food grade ingredients."
            10-8

Comment

that showa you the difference in potency in oc cause there is no national standard for testing it

Comment

better tell my lt to switch sprays he swears to god its as strong as sabre red i told him not even close

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
                  better tell my lt to switch sprays he swears to god its as strong as sabre red i told him not even close
                  If your LT's can is yellow, just laugh to yourself.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Some criminals (not your BIL ) know that they can develop a tolerance for OC with continued exposure to it. They may intentionally subject themselves to it so that they can function when being sprayed with it. The LEO or s/o is momentarily shocked when the OC doesn't have the effect that he/she has seen in the past. That gives the perp. the time to make the tackle before the officer can resort to a baton, etc.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Last edited by Tennsix; 01-27-2006, 04:41 PM. Reason: Deleted By Tennsix
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                        Some criminals (not your BIL ) know that they can develop a tolerance for OC with continued exposure to it. They may intentionally subject themselves to it so that they can function when being sprayed with it. The LEO or s/o is momentarily shocked when the OC doesn't have the effect that he/she has seen in the past. That gives the perp. the time to make the tackle before the officer can resort to a baton, etc.
                        Depends on one?s training. Our OC training teaches us to ?stick and move?. We don?t deploy OC and stand there flat footed and await a reaction. We spray, defend, and are ready with a follow-up tactic. The whole time we are moving to better our tactical situation and issuing verbal commands.

During OC training, we are subjected a healthy dose in the eyes and face. After being sprayed we have to demonstrate the ability to function. We have to simulate a take down with cuffing then read index card to prove our eyes are open.
                        sigpic

Comment

its first defense 10% oc red can made by defense technologies not the new x2
                          Last edited by bigdog; 01-27-2006, 05:45 PM.

Comment

most oc instructors are former or current law enforcement and teach stick and move and how to fight through at least thats what we were taught a s2 academy. People would actually spray and not move out of the way and issue commands and be ready to defend? I feel to buy oc you should have to be trained in its use.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
                              most oc instructors are former or current law enforcement and teach stick and move and how to fight through at least thats what we were taught a s2 academy. People would actually spray and not move out of the way and issue commands and be ready to defend? I feel to buy oc you should have to be trained in its use.
                              The general public think OC is the best thing since the wheel. They have no ideas of it limitations and how to properly use it. They think all you have to do is point and spray. And they think it can replace deadly force. It is good stuff (I am still a fan of the old school mace) but it is just one tool in our arsenal.
                              sigpic

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X