• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another mass shooting...(attempted)

Teen shot to death outside Rialto nightclub, guard kills gunman
    The Associated Press
    Article Launched: 08/06/2007 09:01:27 AM PDT

RIALTO, Calif.—A teenager was shot to death outside the El Patio Nightclub and the gunman who opened fire was killed by a security guard, investigators said.
    A third man was critically wounded in the initial shooting early Sunday.

Sgt. Tim Lane said the gunman, whose name was withheld, began shooting randomly into a crowd of about 50 or more people outside the club. Adrian Alvarado, 17, was killed and Eduardo Marin, 25, was wounded.

An armed security guard then confronted the gunman and shots were exchanged, killing the gunman, investigators said. The security guard wasn't hurt.

In April, a 20-year-old Rialto woman was shot in the head and killed after an argument outside the Foothill Boulevard club. Jose Vizcarra, 22, of Ontario was arrested for the killing.

"We will be seeking cooperation from the owner and management to prevent this type of problem from happening in the future," Lane said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6555988
    Last edited by UtahProtectionForce; 08-06-2007, 06:33 PM.
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Another Security Officer involved in a shooting resulting in the death of a bag guy in Ca. All of us armed officers out here had better take heed and prepare ones self for this possibility. It does seem to be more common to hear about security officers getting into shootings as compared to ten year ago when you almost never heard IT it. Since the details are still lacking at this time, all I can say is the Officer has my support based on what I have read.
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
    (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

Wolf, That is why I post a lot of these articles, that Utah finds for us, on the wall in the security office.
      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

shootings

All I have to say I hope this open peoples eye's. That security can save a lot of lives because a lot places in greater New Orleans are taking away our weapons. Due to people saying oh the security has gun is safe here i don't know, if I want shop here any more. Companies are to cheat pay little more cover the ins.
        I can think 3 other mass shooting that if security would have been armed they could have saved a lot lives the 2 mall shooting and 1 at New Orleans airport.

I thank god every day my company does armed details.
        CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X