Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep track of after hours people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep track of after hours people?

I work at a mall and we issue passes. However, keeping track of the passes is a PITA. Is there a better way to file these? Is there a better way to keep track of these folks in general? The passes are issued to the tenant space and we ask:

Employee Requesting
    Business Name/Phone Number
    Number of People
    Reason for pass
    Date
    From (time) to (time)

Anyone have pics or their passes or any suggestions?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Well..brightly colored passes ...like yellow is staff etc.It's easier to spot.

Try to close all access except one.So you have more control with less personel.

No card then no access.Period.

And a good ol paper registry.In case of a fire you just take it with you and know how much people is in and how much out.
    Ain't war hell?

Comment

well if using card access, use a photo with pass, if not use colored passes, and keep an databass that pass No.1 belongs to clothing shop on floor 2, assigned to employee joan doe. it will take work but if you over haul it, then that would work, on my short 60 day stint of doing mall security for a company called IPC, we close the mall at 9 or 10pm depending on the day, the employees then had a 1.5 hr peroid to be out of the mall, anyone but mall management, jantiors or security in after that time was "fined" for unathourized after hours access, and could have their lease with the mall revoked.....
      Its not how we die that counts.....
      Its not how we lived that counts....
      all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by War113 View Post
        Well..brightly colored passes ...like yellow is staff etc.It's easier to spot.

Try to close all access except one.So you have more control with less personel.

No card then no access.Period.

And a good ol paper registry.In case of a fire you just take it with you and know how much people is in and how much out.
        I tend to agree with the above, if your Mall is enclosed I'd secure all but one point-of-entry (and exit) and use a sign in/out registry book in addition to those issued Id's/passes, as War113 already stated in case of a fire/emergency you'll wanna' know just who's floating around the premises
        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I love this part of my job. Strict orders that everyone is gone by 2000 and no re-entry until 0530. Makes night work very easy. One sweep and secure trip and then I am done with that babysitting business.

Comment

There are no after hours in an hotel!
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Doctors have cards and keys, they aren't about to tell them they can't come in any time they want. Why I come in in the morning and find half a dozen doors unlocked. I'm amazed we don't have a big theft problem.

Comment

The pass itself is a 4 carbon copy. Here are how the pages are divided:

White - Retailer/Contractor who requests the pass
                Yellow - Security
                Pink - Maintenance
                Gold - File

There is no way we can sit there and take names of the after hours people at the mall. That is time consuming and the retailers wouldnt do it. Thats why there is a line asking how many people. Most times it is an estimate. This one has me stumped as I do not like the way they keep track of the passes now.
                "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

well then i suggest you talk to mall management and ask them to be more secure about things, suggest some of the above mentioned stuff such as no access peroid after certian hours... etc, If mall management wont listen, then its thier problem not yours just do what you are required to do, event though you know its a life safety problem, or suggest if thier are an x number of people in the building that you need thier phone numbers in case of emergency, sounds like mall management is too "easy" if they allow the retailers to dictate what they do, luckly the mall mangement at the mall i worked at was STRICT it was thier way or no way.
                  Its not how we die that counts.....
                  Its not how we lived that counts....
                  all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

I work contract security at the headquarters of a world-wide corporation. Last weekend, I politely asked the CEO to sign the after-hour registry for employees...for accountability purposes. When my supervisor came to check on things, he noticed the CEO's name on the registry and began badgering me on "extending professional courtesy to the CEO". I explained to him my logic for having him, or any other employee for that matter, sign in and out after hours, so we know how many people are in the building incase of a need to evacuate. He stated that since he's the CEO, most officers just let him go.

I find this a little unorthadox for the sole reason that if anyone should be willing to abide by policies that are set in place by their staff, it should be management. Not to mention the fact the this CEO has nothing to do with my paycheck or my job because i'm employed by the security firm, not the corporation.
                    "Be courteous. Be polite. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet!" --U.S. Marines

Comment

Effective security controls begin with managment buy in, good for you.
                      Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X