Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police Officer accidentally shoots child???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officer accidentally shoots child???

While listening to the am radio during my shift last night, I half heard something about a small boy shot by a Police Officer. From what I heard, a Police Officer responded to a call reference a nuissance snake in a tree. According to the report, the police officer pulled his firearm to shoot the snake out of the tree. Apparently, a small boy was fishing with his Uncle or Grandfather nearby when he was hit and killed by the bullet. It wasn't a local incident. Anyone hear anything about it?

Be safe,

Hank
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

I heard a little about it. He fired two shots, the second one traveled approx. 400 ft through the woods and struck the boy in the head killing him. The family says they have forgiven the officer but wants criminal charges filed.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

This is the story.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=52257

Comment

How big was the snake that they thought they would shoot it and hit it.

Comment

Man, there wasn't a whole lot to that story to really get a grasp of what actually happened, tho...
          “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
          "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Here's a little more informative copy of the story with Video.

http://www.koco.com/news/13819962/de...s=okl&psp=news
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

All I can say is what a DUMBASS.
              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBoynMD View Post
                All I can say is what a DUMBASS.
                You said it!
                " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                  You said it!
                  I concur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Its not how we die that counts.....
                  Its not how we lived that counts....
                  all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by T202 View Post
                    Thank you very much!

Comment

Man a total tragedy for all involved. If I got nothing from the NRA test the one thing I remember is never fire until you know what is behind your target unless circumstances don't allow it. Not verbatim but close.
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

We were always taught when a snake was reported to notify animal control 24/7. Nobody in their right mind tries to kill a snake with solid shot that is why they issue number eight gage .38, .45 and 9 mm snake shot. That is only to be used with a supervisor's specific issued communications.
                        Some few folks in the law enforcement community fail to use common sense. For some, that term represents an oxymoron.
                        Enjoy the day,
                        Bill

Comment

If this is anything like Pinellas County, animal control won't come out unless you are a law enforcement officer who has a rabid dog who has bit contained or shot till dead.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                            If this is anything like Pinellas County, animal control won't come out unless you are a law enforcement officer who has a rabid dog who has bit contained or shot till dead.

Hillsborough County's animal control is worse than Pinellas County. Trying to get them to respond is like pullling teeth!

Comment

not only dose the word dumb ass come to mind, but negligent homicide as well!
                              "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
                              (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X