No announcement yet.

Cis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=bigdog;36376]Hank , does CIS allow you to make citizens arrests for both breach of peace and felonies or just felonies?[/QUOTE

Citizens arrest for felonies only....
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

[quote=Hank1;36383]
      Originally posted by bigdog View Post
      Hank , does CIS allow you to make citizens arrests for both breach of peace and felonies or just felonies?[/QUOTE

Citizens arrest for felonies only....
      you guys are taught that a private citizen can arrest for a breach of peace right? and that Citizens arrest for felonies only is company policy and not state law?
      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

[QUOTE=bigdog;36422]
        Originally posted by Hank1 View Post

you guys are taught that a private citizen can arrest for a breach of peace right? and that Citizens arrest for felonies only is company policy and not state law?
        Dog~
        CIS' policies are more strict than Florida law says a S/O can do (as any agency can be) ....For us to detain on a subject on a felony commited in our presence it has to forciable/violent in nature only, i.e. Domestic violence, Agg. Battery car jacking. Otherwise, we become good witnesses for the proscecution later on down the road. But, progress / success in a crime riddled community goes beyond detaining the bad guys!!! It's getting the residents to participate, trespassing ect., ect. Most criminologists are of the belief that long term crime reduction is rehabilitation and stabilization......Not immediate arrests/detention as they are most likely short term fixes. This is why CIS has had success in it's policies and methodologies. With respect to breach of peace issues, we stand by and notify local LE.

Be safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

I love your Anti-terrosim officer men you are more equiped then police force i think i will move to florida lol your chief financial officer had a french canadian name he come from quebec

Comment

[QUOTE=Hank1;36444]
            Originally posted by bigdog View Post

Dog~
            CIS' policies are more strict than Florida law says a S/O can do (as any agency can be) ....For us to detain on a subject on a felony commited in our presence it has to forciable/violent in nature only, i.e. Domestic violence, Agg. Battery car jacking. Otherwise, we become good witnesses for the proscecution later on down the road. But, progress / success in a crime riddled community goes beyond detaining the bad guys!!! It's getting the residents to participate, trespassing ect., ect. Most criminologists are of the belief that long term crime reduction is rehabilitation and stabilization......Not immediate arrests/detention as they are most likely short term fixes. This is why CIS has had success in it's policies and methodologies. With respect to breach of peace issues, we stand by and notify local LE.

Be safe,

Hank
            There are some problems with Florida law that displease me. I've worked with FASCO and a few other organizations to try to fix some of them.

Here's my biggest problem with with Florida law: A property owner may remove a trespasser by force. A Class D licensee may not. Chapter 493.6118(j) overrides the use of force statute, making your use of force illegal.

I know that this sounds odd, and contrary to our training. Billy Holcomb read several of my posts on this, and came to the same conclusion, starting a campaign to get this turned around.

Florida law makes it extremely hard to protect the interests of our clients as licensed security officers. While an untrained bellhop may pick a man up and throw him out, the licensed security officer doing so commits a crime of violence which can result in arrest (All 493 violations are misdemeanors), loss of license, fine for licensee, and fine for employing licensee.

FASCO's detention bill, which would of allowed licensed security officers to do something very important towards property rehabilitation: Holding, Identifying, and having trespassed from the property unwanted elements; had a fatal flaw. You could not use force to detain unless your safety was threatened by physical attack.

Since you require to use offensive force to gain compliance in a physical arrest or detention, you become the aggressor (lawfully) like the police officer does. Unfortunately, the police officer does not have 493.6118(j) stating that any use of force contrary to defense from physical attack is a crime.

Getting residents to communicate is important, but so is being able to identify and remove the threat. And Florida laws are designed to stand in the way of that, unless you can tote around a police officer with you.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

[QUOTE=N. A. Corbier;36462]

There are some problems with Florida law that displease me. I've worked with FASCO and a few other organizations to try to fix some of them.

Here's my biggest problem with with Florida law: A property owner may remove a trespasser by force. A Class D licensee may not. Chapter 493.6118(j) overrides the use of force statute, making your use of force illegal.

I know that this sounds odd, and contrary to our training. Billy Holcomb read several of my posts on this, and came to the same conclusion, starting a campaign to get this turned around.

Florida law makes it extremely hard to protect the interests of our clients as licensed security officers. While an untrained bellhop may pick a man up and throw him out, the licensed security officer doing so commits a crime of violence which can result in arrest (All 493 violations are misdemeanors), loss of license, fine for licensee, and fine for employing licensee.

FASCO's detention bill, which would of allowed licensed security officers to do something very important towards property rehabilitation: Holding, Identifying, and having trespassed from the property unwanted elements; had a fatal flaw. You could not use force to detain unless your safety was threatened by physical attack.

Since you require to use offensive force to gain compliance in a physical arrest or detention, you become the aggressor (lawfully) like the police officer does. Unfortunately, the police officer does not have 493.6118(j) stating that any use of force contrary to defense from physical attack is a crime.

Getting residents to communicate is important, but so is being able to identify and remove the threat. And Florida laws are designed to stand in the way of that, unless you can tote around a police officer with you.

You are preaching to the choir my friend! I cannot argue with you.....

Comment

Have you seen the COPS shows that have been in Hillsborough County lately? They seem pretty interesting. Especially the one with the tranny dressed as Pochahontas!

Ever see any of those deputies at your sites? I know it was cool when COPS was in Minneapolis a long time ago to see cops and sights that I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post
                  Have you seen the COPS shows that have been in Hillsborough County lately? They seem pretty interesting. Especially the one with the tranny dressed as Pochahontas!
                  LMAO I remember seeing that episode, nearly as entertaining as the 'vertically challenged individual' who kept trying to climb the lamp post to avoid the LEO (who ended up finding the guy a job)
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by CorpSec View Post

Ever see any of those deputies at your sites? I know it was cool when COPS was in Minneapolis a long time ago to see cops and sights that I knew.
                    Yes I have, on 3 seperate ocassions. Furthermore, during a traffic stop on one of our housing communities on 15th Street (Tampa) a COPS 2 man film crew (sound man and camera man) jumped out with a female SES Deputy. They pulled over a subject for not using his turn signal and determined that the driver had numerous priors for marijuana possession/use. She requested and received permission to search his car. The deputy found nothing but gave him a ticket the violation. I was her cover officer and protected her (which we do often) during her search. The camera caught me many times as she was talking with me and twice focused on my shoulder patch. I am assuming that the 30 minute traffic stop will not make it past the editing room floor because her search yeilded nothing at all. Secondly, the show is titled "COPS" and not "Security Officers" LOL! So, I have had my 15 minutes of fame I think......

Be safe,

Hank

Comment

Yes I have, on 3 seperate ocassions. Furthermore, during a traffic stop on one of our housing communities on 15th Street (Tampa) a COPS 2 man film crew (sound man and camera man) jumped out with a female SES Deputy. They pulled over a subject for not using his turn signal and determined that the driver had numerous priors for marijuana possession/use. She requested and received permission to search his car. The deputy found nothing but gave him a ticket the violation. I was her cover officer and protected her (which we do often) during her search. The camera caught me many times as she was talking with me and twice focused on my shoulder patch. I am assuming that the 30 minute traffic stop will not make it past the editing room floor because her search yeilded nothing at all. Secondly, the show is titled "COPS" and not "Security Officers" LOL! So, I have had my 15 minutes of fame I think......

Be safe,

Hank
                      That must be the female deputy that they had on the show. I believe she said she was the only female in the unit. She looked to be maybe 5 feet tall in shoes. I give small females credit for becoming LEO's though. It can be a daunting task for big guys, I can't imagine being 5-2 and 100 pounds and doing the job.

I actually see more female LEO's than Security Officers. Our local force has around 100 sworn females out of 550 cops. That is a much higher percentage than I see around here in security work.

Comment

too bad phoenix pd basically kicked COPS out awhile back because some officer decided to go a little too far for the camera. Phoenix would be a great city, tons of crazy stuff happening all the time.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X