New 2nd Bomb section addition just added to the 24 hr "D" class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2nd Bomb section addition just added to the 24 hr "D" class

The 'Book' now says security guards are to keep looking for bombs even after a likely bomb found - ???, 'indefinitely' until Management tells them otherwise.

Great class until understood that new 'catch'. $10/hr really buys a lot of blind loyalty these days!

What "Book" is this? Because if management says you exit after finding the first suspicious package, you exit. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
      What "Book" is this? Because if management says you exit after finding the first suspicious package, you exit. Plain and simple.
      It was a true/false question that said something like, "If you find a likely suspect bomb package, then report findings, follow planned route, and go to designated gathering destination for your department". I put True, but it was False. Maybe it was just not qualified with "management said". But by being False, it indicates Management can say keep looking for secondary bomb packages until an explosion occurs. The teacher was very good, and just answered the question with pregnated silence (while the whole class simultaneously went, "Yeah, what about that?"), and he immediately moved on quickly to a new section.

I saw several inferences in handouts to keep looking for Secondary bomb packages, and finding an initial bomb package should NEVER stop searching for a secondary bomb package. Under certain conditions, always ASSume a secondary bomb package until found. And then there were about 20 different film clips of 'Security Guards' beating high and low for Bombs inside, outside, up, down, and all around: by themselves. Sounded pretty bold to me. I'll look heavily at this section in new employers guidelines. But it seemed to justify Guards are expendable bomb roadkill which is 'unreasonable'.

Of course with videos, rough notes, and quizes which all have different information to some degree, there is no source reference text I can refer to. But being one of the couple questions missed per twenty on average, I was quick to jump on that one before he picked up 'that' quiz. It may have just been all 'subliminal' suggestions, except I brought it up to everyone's concious awareness level quickly.

Comment

I guess you never sat around for the count off for a bomb? It isn't anything like the books! and a test,loll

Try it for real, Then talk about it!!! Try looking around a room with the PD and FBI looking for a bomb while the time is ticking away.

Watch the PD and FBI think about a bomb and the sweat pouring off you as the time gets closer!~ then Ill be glad to talk to you about bombs .Because this Security officer went through more then one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern Wheaton View Post
          I guess you never sat around for the count off for a bomb? It isn't anything like the books! and a test,loll

Try it for real, Then talk about it!!! Try looking around a room with the PD and FBI looking for a bomb while the time is ticking away.

Watch the PD and FBI think about a bomb and the sweat pouring off you as the time gets closer!~ then Ill be glad to talk to you about bombs .Because this Security officer went through more then one.
          Real life and Books are two different animals I agree. But for the time being when he's answering a question on the State test, you go by the answer given in the book.

After that, it's company policy, as their is no law governing how a S/O should assist in searching for a bomb.
          SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

The D course is taught by an instructor with a billet sheet of points. I wonder where he got this from.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by ddog View Post
              It was a true/false question that said something like, "If you find a likely suspect bomb package, then report findings, follow planned route, and go to designated gathering destination for your department". I put True, but it was False. Maybe it was just not qualified with "management said". But by being False, it indicates Management can say keep looking for secondary bomb packages until an explosion occurs. The teacher was very good, and just answered the question with pregnated silence (while the whole class simultaneously went, "Yeah, what about that?"), and he immediately moved on quickly to a new section.

I saw several inferences in handouts to keep looking for Secondary bomb packages, and finding an initial bomb package should NEVER stop searching for a secondary bomb package. Under certain conditions, always ASSume a secondary bomb package until found. And then there were about 20 different film clips of 'Security Guards' beating high and low for Bombs inside, outside, up, down, and all around: by themselves. Sounded pretty bold to me. I'll look heavily at this section in new employers guidelines. But it seemed to justify Guards are expendable bomb roadkill which is 'unreasonable'.

Of course with videos, rough notes, and quizes which all have different information to some degree, there is no source reference text I can refer to. But being one of the couple questions missed per twenty on average, I was quick to jump on that one before he picked up 'that' quiz. It may have just been all 'subliminal' suggestions, except I brought it up to everyone's concious awareness level quickly.
              Did your instructor happen to work for S2 institute? If so i know why he said that. sometimes bombers will set two bombs one for victims and the other for the responding emergency crews. it not that far fetched to theink that the bomber is intentionally having you evac the building only to have you be closer to a larger bomb that is planted in the parking lot. Such as in a vehicle.
              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X